• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Zach

045d4d98816853451d7f139e0c04112568988b80d4ca0d0bcea9f41df76d4fac.jpg

Cagey

Banned

Forkball

Asuka vs. Bayley II was way better than the first match. I'm a fan of Bayley, but she was way too slow in that first match and Asuka didn't get nearly as much offense in. This one had a much better paced back and forth with some unique spots. Time for Bayley to get called up an make some eight person stable called BLSLMNOP or some shit.

Marvel

could never
The endgame slap by Bayley was awesome, the whole go home run of their match had me hype. I hope one day Asuka paints her face like she once did... maybe full heel turn down the line or whatever.

Zach

The endgame slap by Bayley was awesome, the whole go home run of their match had me hype. I hope one day Asuka paints her face like she once did... maybe full heel turn down the line or whatever.

Mmhmm, mmhmm, mmhmm.

But I partially disagree on that last bit. I want her to eventually lose to a monster heel (if one comes along) and then bust out the creeper paint to overcome the oddz. It would be -- as the late, great Jimmy King would've said -- lit.

Asuka vs. Bayley II was way better than the first match. I'm a fan of Bayley, but she was way too slow in that first match and Asuka didn't get nearly as much offense in. This one had a much better paced back and forth with some unique spots. Time for Bayley to get called up an make some eight person stable called BLSLMNOP or some shit.
I really liked the match outside of some bizarre no-selling at times from Bayley.

Who's the source though? I haven't found anything, but unsubstantiated comments.
None of it's concrete, it's just what everyone is speculating but we also have to realize that Charlotte could win by count out as well. Sasha doesn't have to lose the strap. If she does I'm going to beat up Zach and post it here.

Marvel

could never
Mmhmm, mmhmm, mmhmm.

But I partially disagree on that last bit. I want her to eventually lose to a monster heel (if one comes along) and then bust out the creeper paint to overcome the oddz. It would be -- as the late, great Jimmy King would've said -- lit.
I'd be more than happy with your idea!

Wellness policy, bro.
Nah. WWE just really has a boner for Charlotte for whatever reason. She shouldn't have gone over at Mania as well but they kept her as the champ then too.

Maybe they want to make her a 16 times champ like daddy or something.

People have been trying to come with excuses for why WWE hasnt been pushing Sasha as much as they should for nearly a year now. They probably just dont like her that much.

I find it fascinating that Stro loves Roode yet shits on Aries. I thought he'd hold both of them to some level of contempt because they are short, old indie workers (well, TNA whatever) who are bland as fuck but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because Bobby Roode is awesome, and has a great look. Wasn't the best debut match, but the man has shown himself as more than capable over the years. Whereas Aries is a flippy shithead.

Nah. WWE just really has a boner for Charlotte for whatever reason. She shouldn't have gone over at Mania as well but they kept her as the champ then too.

Maybe they want to make her a 16 times champ like daddy or something.

People have been trying to come with excuses for why WWE hasnt been pushing Sasha as much as they should for nearly a year now. They probably just dont like her that much.

Also Bayley's coming up and a feud with champ Charlotte would be face/heel, which is what they like every non-Mania month

dream

Because Bobby Roode is awesome, and has a great look. Wasn't the best debut match, but the man has shown himself as more than capable over the years. Whereas Aries is a flippy shithead.

Nailed it. As one of stro's best friends, I can tell you that he doesn't hate old indie guys. He just hates bad wrestlers, of which Austin Aries is one of the exemplars. Conversely, stro also likes good wrestlers, and Bobby Rude is, in stro's words, "Terry Taylor for a new generation, but with much more charisma, and a better look." Stro also likes Rise Against though, so I dunno. Whatever.

imBask

Banned
typical americans with no consideration of people who can't get the normal WWE network. I'll break your back, make you humble

klonere

Banned

Roode is flat as fuck in ring and only has an entrance right now. His actual look is bland. His house show match I saw with Nakamura was fucking horrendously phoned in on both sides. None of his other work I have seen has had anything special too it. Epitome of just a guy.

I don't get it. Aries strikes me as being marginally more interesting and animated.

Oh? We haven't gotten to football season yet breh. It's about to be a bloodbath.

Oh yeah I actually can't fucking wait.

to stan for my boy one last time, ratings gonna be tanking with our without Finn. Or anybody else in the company t b h

Top Bottom