• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Dynedom

Have you considered subscribing to the WWE Network? I understand the first month is free.

uKuBunO.gif

It's also just
SuEPVC0.jpg

Edit: Wow LOL

Lol. OSN here in Dubai provides it but I'm never at home for the replay (think they're showing it again tomorrow during the day). Should there be an on-demand service attached?

I also randomly turned on Fight Network here and instead of showing the Macgregor/Diaz post-conference, they were showing what looked like a G1 match (Okada vs Goto). Wtf.

dream

Roode is flat as fuck in ring and only has an entrance right now. His actual look is bland. His house show match I saw with Nakamura was fucking horrendously phoned in on both sides. None of his other work I have seen has had anything special too it. Epitome of just a guy.

I mean, it's a house show match. Plus, it was an NXT house show, which meant there were probably 200 people in an "armory." It's hard to get motivated to work hard in that situation. And Nakamura does nothing unless it's a big match.

klonere

Banned
I mean, it's a house show match. Plus, it was an NXT house show, which meant there were probably 200 people in an "armory." It's hard to get motivated to work hard in that situation. And Nakamura does nothing unless it's a big match.

It was about the same attendance as an average Smackdown taping (4,000 ish? probably a bit less than that though) at the same arena they hold main roster house shows in Dublin and Finn's first NXT hometown show. Crowd was mega hot all night long. Other matches had people actually trying.

Everything else doesn't change the fact everything I've seen Roode do be boring and bland?

dream

It was about the same attendance as an average Smackdown taping (4,000 ish? probably a bit less than that though) at the same arena they hold main roster house shows in Dublin and Finn's first NXT hometown show. Crowd was mega hot all night long. Other matches had people actually trying.

Everything else doesn't change the fact everything I've seen Roode do be boring and bland?

Did you get a chance to see Bobby's run on top as "The IT Factor" in Impact Wrestling?

GunBR

If somehow Charlotte wins tonight, then I'm pretty sure that Bayley will be on Smackdown

But I still think that would be better a feud between Sasha and Nia (and I hate Nia). Charlotte needs to leave the main event scene for some time

KingBroly

Banned
I could see Sasha losing via countout or something. They simply don't have anyone else ready to fight for the Title because they split the rosters like idiots.

Bayley needs to be on Smackdown. So does Joe. And Nakamura.

Triple H is a C+ player. An A player would be, like, Foley.

Don't get me wrong, I love Foley, but in 2000 and in the leadup to WM30, Triple H has had some of the best heel runs of any wrestler ever.

Edit: They prob like Charlotte more than Sasha because Sasha has already gotten injured multiple times.

Zach

Don't get me wrong, I love Foley, but in 2000 and in the leadup to WM30, Triple H has had some of the best heel runs of any wrestler ever.

He's been wet garbage in 2000 outside of his feud with Foley. I don't really remember the WrestleMania 30 business as I was just getting back into wrasslin' then, but maybe I'll relive it one day.

From what I've seen, though, dude has never shown greatness outside of Royal Rumble 2000, and I think that was mostly on Foley.

For reference, I'm in May 2000, so maybe he gets better.

He's been wet garbage in 2000 outside of his feud with Foley. I don't really remember the WrestleMania 30 business as I was just getting back into wrasslin' then, but maybe I'll relive it one day.

From what I've seen, though, dude has never shown greatness outside of Royal Rumble 2000, and I think that was mostly on Foley.

For reference, I'm in May 2000, so maybe he gets better.

The McMahon-Helmsley run is the stuff of legends. Fuck, he had a classic match with Taka Michinoku, of all people.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I could see Sasha losing via countout or something. They simply don't have anyone else ready to fight for the Title because they split the rosters like idiots.

I was hoping the split would mean other non-Horsewomen (and Nia) getting a chance to do, well, anything at all but somehow Summer and Alicia are on tv even less than they were before.

It would have been better to keep the women together and give them a tag title.

Verendus

Banned
Hello, friends.

Help me figure something here. Why has Double Double E booked Roman so terribly this year? From walking out in the Roman Rumble, to being counted out against AJ Styles (jebus rice), to losing against Seth Rollins, then again in a triple threat. And who in the blue hell is Finn Balor? What the hell is going on here? We have a brand split too.

Why is Superslam like this? Where is Barack vs. Reigns 2? This is not what was promised to me.

KingBroly

Banned
Hello, friends.

Help me figure something here. Why has Double Double E booked Roman so terribly this year? And who in the blue hell is Finn Balor? What the hell is going on here?

Why is Superslam like this? Where is Barack vs. Reigns 2? This is not what was promised to me.

Roman took drugs to help him with the depression he gets from all the fans booing him. He did it without their permission so they punished him.

And Finn Balor is Small Sheamus

klonere

Banned
Hello, friends.

Help me figure something here. Why has Double Double E booked Roman so terribly this year? And who in the blue hell is Finn Balor? What the hell is going on here?

The don't know who they want Reigns to be and keep changing him from being a Rock analogue to a Cena one, back and forth, with occasional flashes of actual really cool good cocky tweener short promo Reigns but then they do something silly like make him the actual bad guy in the feud with Rusev.

He should be the top guy because he has the tools but they have probably irreparably damaged him now after losing to Finn and getting popped for whatever it was.

It is sad :(

Cagey

Banned
Hello, friends.

Help me figure something here. Why has Double Double E booked Roman so terribly this year? From walking out in the Roman Rumble, to being counted out against AJ Styles (jebus rice), to losing against Seth Rollins, then again in a triple threat. And who in the blue hell is Finn Balor? What the hell is going on here? We have a brand split too.

Most 18-34 year old male fans are envious and angry buttfaces and wouldn't let Roman shine, Brother Verendus.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Reigns and Lesnar are still headed toward the main event of Mania most likely. I can't really see any other Raw brand match headlining unless Demon King Finn really takes off.

imBask

Banned
Where can you not get "normal" WWE Network? And is there not a fancy way around it?

Canada, you have to get Cable TV in order to get the WWE Network. And yes, but it's a real pain in the ass because i'd have to get a fake american name and address and a VPN

Marvel

could never
BrotherNero Edition Vol. 7 is pretty cool, I'm currently watching Broken Matt bite the shit out of everyone in the ring lol.

I don't watch TNA anymore so these cuts of my favorite thing about that place are great!

Verendus

Banned
I ain't gonna lie.

It's been tough. It's been tough, you know.

First Jimmy didn't do the honor of laying down at Roman Rumble, and instead got himself into the Wrasslin'Mania's main event. Then we got that wasteful triple threat at Fast Lane. Then Jimmy gotta be a bitch and put on an average match at Wrasslin'Mania only to disappear.

Then this nobody AJ Styles makes Roman look like a bitch the next month. Who loses by countout? What is this? At least WWE somewhat rectified it the next month, but then Romanian loses to Seth Rollins clean, and then again the following month.

This is crazy. Who is so dead set against sabotaging THE GUY? What is with this anti-Cena, anti-top face booking?

I feel like I'm in bizarro world.

On the plus side, AJ Styles came out looking like a star from those matches with Roman. All that mediocre work with Jericho may as well have vanished. Roman Reigns making stars in two matches. Truly THE GUY.

klonere

Banned
I ain't gonna lie.

First Jimmy didn't do the honor of laying down at Roman Rumble, and instead got himself into the Wrasslin'Mania's main event. Then we got that wasteful triple threat at Fast Lane. Then Jimmy gotta be a bitch and put on an average match at Wrasslin'Mania only to disappear.

Then this nobody AJ Styles makes Roman look like a bitch the next month. Who loses by countout? What is this? At least WWE somewhat rectified it the next month, but then Romanian loses to Seth Rollins clean, and then again the following months.

This is crazy. Who is so dead set against sabotaging THE GUY? What is with this anti-Cena, anti-top face booking?

It seems like WWE themselves are at this stage.

somedevil

I ain't gonna lie.

Then this nobody AJ Styles makes Roman look like a bitch the next month. Who loses by countout? What is this? At least WWE somewhat rectified it the next month, but then Romanian loses to Seth Rollins clean, and then again the following month.

On the plus side, AJ Styles came out looking like a star from those matches with Roman. All that mediocre work with Jericho may as well have vanished. Roman Reigns making stars in two matches. Truly THE GUY.

The only thing I can agree with is this place does exist in some pocket universe when it comes to opinions on certain wrestlers.

Verendus

Banned
Welcome back, Verendus. Where ya been?
Working hard, friend. Working hard.

But I thought I'd come back for Summerslam. Of course, I didn't realise Summerslam is nothing like anyone could expect. I mean, Dolph Ziggler is in a championship match. Something is clearly very wrong here.

Working hard, friend. Working hard.

But I thought I'd come back for Summerslam. Of course, I didn't realise Summerslam is nothing like anyone could expect. I mean, Dolph Ziggler is in a championship match. Something is clearly very wrong here.
Ironically enough, his and Ambrose's feud has had the best build-up compared to all the other matches.

Verendus

Banned
it's not too late to join the aj train, verendus

not too late to get on board with a real winner. even vince is there.
I boarded the train when he and Reigns put on two great matches. He just needed the right GUY, instead of Jericho.

Also, how great is Jericho? I went from being disappointed in him, to thinking he's hilarious in the span of two PPVs. This new heel persona of his is solid.

Just finished Takeover. Man, was it underwhelming. Nak winning already? Joe should have kept the strap for way longer than that. Even C+ player Balor got to keep it for what felt like years.

Zach

Curse WWE for including these nothing-happening UK chores on the Network, but not the sweet WCW/New Japan Super Card Extravaganzas.

UberTag

Reigns and Lesnar are still headed toward the main event of Mania most likely. I can't really see any other Raw brand match headlining unless Demon King Finn really takes off.
Seems like this year's spectacle match will be Undertaker vs. Goldberg. Pardon me while I yawn.

Top Bottom