• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

klonere

Banned
Just finished Takeover. Man, was it underwhelming. Nak winning already? Joe should have kept the strap for way longer than that. Even C+ player Balor got to keep it for what felt like years.

TBH long title runs in NXT make no sense the way they are booking it right now. I mean it'd be fine if they were taking young guys and building characters over the course of a year but instead they are sticking it a bunch of late 30s dudes who go on cruise control.

Hopefully Joe can go up to the main roster and immediately become 100% less interesting.

Hello, friends.

Help me figure something here. Why has Double Double E booked Roman so terribly this year? From walking out in the Roman Rumble, to being counted out against AJ Styles (jebus rice), to losing against Seth Rollins, then again in a triple threat. And who in the blue hell is Finn Balor? What the hell is going on here? We have a brand split too.

Why is Superslam like this? Where is Barack vs. Reigns 2? This is not what was promised to me.

Because he sucks, dude.

His character sucks, his look sucks, his mic work sucks, the methods the writers try to get him over sucks, everything but his in-ring skills (which are good at best) SUCKS.

Verendus

Banned
Because he sucks, dude.

His character sucks, his look sucks, his mic work sucks, the methods the writers try to get him over sucks, everything but his in-ring skills (which are good at best) SUCKS.
We're not talking about Daniel Bryan, friend. We're talking about Roman Reigns here. I realise I forgot to refer to him by his full name in that post, so I'll forgive you for the confusion.

klonere

Banned
Tom Philips and Corey Graves should be the commentary team on Smackdown. Best commentary pair in WWE right now, perhaps the world.

I'm talking about Roman Reigns. The suckiest suck that ever sucked.
giphy.gif

Verendus

Banned
Sometimes I think Balor is worse than Reigns, but then Reigns says or does something and they become even again.
I'm curious to see how impressive this jabroni is. Randomly appears out of nowhere like he's some fucking Pokemon, and is facing Seth Rollins for the title.

Tom Nook

2 hours till pre Show.

Kickoff Pre-show Match
The Dudley Boyz vs. Neville and Sami Zayn

Kickoff Pre-show Match
The Ascension, The Vaudevillains and Breezango vs. The Usos, American Alpha and The Hype Bros.

Poor Sami :(

2 hours till pre Show.

Kickoff Pre-show Match

Kickoff Pre-show Match
The Ascension, The Vaudevillains and Breezango vs. The Usos, American Alpha and The Hype Bros.

4, actually. Sami vs Rollins would have been lit af.

cordy

Banned
Judging the latest betting odds with insider money coming in...
The only faces who are winning tonight are Balor, Ambrose and Lesnar and shit, 2 of those matches are face/face. Damn. I wonder why it's this crazy.

Syder

Judging the latest betting odds with insider money coming in...
The only faces who are winning tonight are Balor, Ambrose and Lesnar and shit, 2 of those matches are face/face. Damn. I wonder why it's this one crazy.
I wouldn't be surprised if
Sasha Banks
retains but
Charlotte
still gets the win.

Zach

2 hours till pre Show.

Kickoff Pre-show Match

Kickoff Pre-show Match

NeoGAF's arch-nemesis reddit says Cesaro/Sheamus is on the pre-show, too.

4, actually. Sami vs Rollins would have been lit af.

WrassleGAF's arch-nemesis /r/SquaredCircle says the two-hour pre-show starts at 4:00 PM CST.

Zach

What's happening there, Ninja Scoot?

Edit:

The sudden turn of events enraged the Mongolian coaches. One removed his shirt in front of the judges’ table and flexed. The other took off his shirt and pants, wearing only a pair of underwear.

Heh.

UberTag

They haven't actually shown the Universal Championship, right?
Here's a sneak preview...

A5iAOSzCcAE5Hiz.jpg

Just substitute Jeff Hardy's head for Finn Balor's head (both on the belt and the guy holding it aloft) and you've got a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Top Bottom