• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Cqbt4ruWIAALY6t.jpg

Verendus

Banned
Also tonight just proved how Reigns is still the top dog. The only guy who looks like anywhere near as much of a star as he does is AJ Styles, and that's in part thanks to Reigns and Cena making him look legit in their matches together.

Can't believe Jimmy Haitch sabotaged this man, and has then disappeared for months. It's just shameful. The man couldn't even put him over properly. They should've done Barack vs. Reigns 2 at Wrasslin'Mania 32 if it was going to be a one-off. Beating Haitch means little at this point. This is clearly something that needs to be rectified.

rrc1594

My takeaways from SS

1. Finn and Roman are the same.
2. Sami and KO are not being used correctly
3. Ziggler a jobber for life
4. Dean is A+ Champion till he hits the ring. I still think Dean/AJ will be great matches
5. I'm hoping by the end of the year Sami in on SD a feuding with AJ. Can you imagine AJ/Sami I'm marking out right now just thinking about it.
6. Seth is overrated in the ring,
7. Finn should not be champion and fans will turn on him by RR.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AJ/Cena was worth the price of admission alone, great match

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People upload all the good bits through gifs. WWE don't even show highlights. WCW stopped doing that too because that was good enough

I'm surprised it took them this long to act on all the gifs.

Verendus

Banned
My takeaways from SS

1. Finn and Roman are the same.
2. Sami and KO are not being used correctly
3. Ziggler a jobber for life
4. Dean is A+ Champion till he hits the ring. I still think Dean/AJ will be great matches
5. I'm hoping by the end of the year Sami in on SD a feuding with AJ. Can you imagine AJ/Sami I'm marking out right now just thinking about it.
6. Seth is overrated in the ring,
7. Finn should not be champion and fans will turn on him by RR.
This is bullcrap, friend.

Don't insult Roman Reigns like this.

Ithil

So can we assume the Smackdown women's belt will be a blue version of the Women's title? And the Smackdown tag titles will be two I don't know, purple versions of the WWE title. And the Cruiserweight title will be an orange version.

But we'll keep the penny belts.

Fox318

Aside from Cena and AJ and Cesaro Summerslam was a mess

Also a wwe champ doing a KFC commercial just shows what a shot champ Miz is.

Nobody will ever take that belt seriously.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why not end with the universal title if yhey were going to have fuckery in the other matches? At least go out on a positive note.

Not to mention that...well its the fucking title match

I don't even know what that finish was.

I need Meltz more than ever.

Deep down you'll want to believe it was a shoot. Because the alternative means they learned nothing from Mania and there's finally not enough good stuff happening to shield that, and that's going to continue every Big 4 until they get their shit together

Mania 2000 will live forever. And there's nothing we can do

Fox318

The psychology of wrestling is so odd.

If that was an mma finish people would be going nuts but there is no power given to refs because they rely on shit finishes.

NXT shows you can have clean matches work fine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When the fuck did shibata and devitt have a match, and how stiff was it?

Ithil

The psychology of wrestling is so odd.

If that was an mma finish people would be going nuts but there is no power given to refs because they rely on shit finishes.

NXT shows you can have clean matches work fine.

Remember when NXT used a ref stoppage for a title change? The crowd didn't know it was a ref stoppage til Owens was handed the belt, they thought it was a DQ because they never use stoppage as a finish even though it's a legitimate one.

Fox318

I'm not sure I like Seth yelling at fans like that.

Its a bad belt. It's a corporate belt to get on the today show and send to pro teams so real athletes can wear it then keep it in a case.

Top Bottom