• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Fox318

Meltzer brought up a great point on the LAW. Blading was a thing that started happening because they didn't want to have to open guys up the hard way with elbows and shit. They considered blading safer. And yet here we are.

"Randy you could have a controlled cut with a blade, but that would be barbaric. Instead we'll have Brock bludgeon you with his elbows. That should open a nice little cut on your head that only bleeds a little."
If a guy in MMA or Boxing gets cut like that he is banned from competing and sometimes even training.

Wanna bet a concussed Orton is on tour this week?

Pikma

Banned
Meltzer brought up a great point on the LAW. Blading was a thing that started happening because they didn't want to have to open guys up the hard way with elbows and shit. They considered blading safer. And yet here we are.

"Randy you could have a controlled cut with a blade, but that would be barbaric. Instead we'll have Brock bludgeon you with his elbows. That should open a nice little cut on your head that only bleeds a little."
Just look at all the shit Reigns got for the capsule and you'll stop wondering why they do that, carny ass fans want their fake sport to look real and they want to have people talking about it without it taking the "lol so fake" route.

Isn't Finn Balor the flagship 'heavyweight' champion?
200w_d.gif

Just look at all the shit Reigns got for the capsule and you'll stop wondering why they do that, carny ass fans want their fake sport to look real and they want to have people talking about it without it taking the "lol so fake" route.
You think some twitter memes influenced their bleeding methods.

If it were up to me the current WWE belts appearance wise would be

RAW

DSCN4969.jpg

latest

tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.jpg
(top is for smackdown bottom is for RAW)

Women's can stay the same

Smackdown
undisputed.jpg
or
World_Heavyweight_Championship_(WWE)_(2002)_-_present.jpg

IC Belt can stay

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
220px-%E4%BD%90%E8%97%A4%E8%80%95%E5%B9%B3.jpg

Kohei Sato looks like a wrestler wrestler. Not a model. Not a bodybuilder. Dude looks like he he broke into the business kneecapping people for the Yakuza

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was there no crazy Shibata stiffness on this year's G1? :(

Verendus

Banned
Why do you want to borrow my jacket?

No reason, just need it for a moment.

wwe-universal-champion-belt-195841.jpg

I'll be over this stupid belt by the morning, for now, it still looks like brain matter.
You know, this belt would look great if they made the strap black, and the surrounding area of the WWE logo gold.

Heel

Wow, bean breath, it looks like WWE took exception to having their intellectual property put on display without permission by Twitter user @SenorLariato mere moments after they've happened on a paid platform. I guess we're going to have to actually pay for it now.

Rollins did God's Last Gift at a fucking SummerSlam guys. Shame Vanilla Midget had to win. But damn, wish someone had called it that.

First time I saw GLG I wondered if he was an e-fed nerd I crossed paths with in the late 90s/early 2000s because that was my e-wrestler's finisher, don't recall seeing anyone besides him ever doing it.

I'm not proud of my e-fed past.

They should cut the demon crap and let Finn be himself.

CIXSwN6UsAAO_3p.png

....Oh.

#LegoKing™

Verendus

Banned
I figure Reigns is occupied with Rusev for another 1 or 2 PPVs. So around Survival Series he should be back in the world championship hunt. I'll be back then friends. Hopefully many of you are prepared for his fourth ascension at that time.

Wow, bean breath, it looks like WWE took exception to having their intellectual property put on display without permission by Twitter user @SenorLariato mere moments after they've happened on a paid platform. I guess we're going to have to actually pay for it now.

A day after we find out legitshook is dying. Can't be coincidental

Mahonay

Banned
Well...that PPV certainly was something.

The end of the Brock/Orton match seemed to be changed after Orton got opened up by the elbow. Brock looked like he was stalling with the repeated but lighter breatdowns. Vince probably screaming at Shane to run out there and take an F5.

At least we got the majesty that was the AJ vs Cena match.

Enjoyed Rollins vs Finn a lot but it lost a lot of it's excitement when it felt pretty obvious that Finn was winning this with the Demon King gimmick. And man what a gross looking belt. Looks like it was made from Nakamura's pants.

Buy hey, in WWE in 2016 Nakamura is NXT champ, AJ Styles beat Cena clean in a barn burner, and Finn Balor is the Galactic Champion of the Universe. So that's cool.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
KOTR 1999 is a fairly forgettable show with two amazing matches.

Road Dogg versus Chyna and a test to see whether two McMahons are better than one Austin. (Answer, they are)

Possibly the only good way one could ever do a handicap ladder match. The best comedy ladder match ever.

Joe vs. Brock would probably be the meanest match WWE has ever put on.
Suplex
Suplex
Suplex
Suplex
Suplex
Out of ring
Shmoz
Suplex
Maybe hit a ring post/announce table/barricade spot
Back in ring
Near fall
Suplex
Suplex
F5 near fall
Suplex
Suplex
Suplex
F5
Interference/fuck finish
DUD

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It took my awhile but I've realized that the winged eagle belt is the quintessential wrestling title belt. I love everything about it.

WCW fans will spit on you for suggesting it, but it is, was, and always will be better than the Big Gold Belt.

Austin's biggest crime wasn't turning heel in 2001, it was replacing the Winged Eagle.

Suplex
Suplex
Suplex
Suplex
Suplex
Out of ring
Shmoz
Suplex
Maybe hit a ring post/announce table/barricade spot
Back in ring
Near fall
Suplex
Suplex
F5 near fall
Suplex
Suplex
Suplex
F5
Interference/fuck finish
DUD

Eventually he'll have to have a more competitive match. It's how you pay all this off. Now who will that be with? Who knows. Maybe Roman is still the plan for Brock, but maybe not.

Oh and Naomi keeping her awful assfense and that kick thing, uuuugh.

I mean I guess maybe the kick thing looked a little better than it did before but still, uuuuugh.

Beyond over Brock, yet another thing WWE drove the fuck into the ground with the Suplex City shit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rollins did God's Last Gift at a fucking SummerSlam guys. Shame Vanilla Midget had to win. But damn, wish someone had called it that.

Was that his indy finisher or something? It looks awesome why doesn't he use that instead of the shitty pedigree?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eventually he'll have to have a more competitive match. It's how you pay all this off. Now who will that be with? Who knows. Maybe Roman is still the plan for Brock, but maybe not.

The Roman match is really good before Seth shows up.

His other really competitive matches since breaking the streak were the Taker matches and the three way match at the Royal Rumble with Cena and Rollins.

Top Bottom