• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

I figure Reigns is occupied with Rusev for another 1 or 2 PPVs. So around Survival Series he should be back in the world championship hunt. I'll be back then friends. Hopefully many of you are prepared for his fourth ascension at that time.
Uce, I hope that this all true.

WCW fans will spit on you for suggesting it, but it is, was, and always will be better than the Big Gold Belt.

Austin's biggest crime wasn't turning heel in 2001, it was replacing the Winged Eagle.
78557-3.jpg

Look at the little wrestle men. Unf.

Mahonay

Banned
The Roman match is really good before Seth shows up.

His other really competitive matches since breaking the streak were the Taker matches and the three way match at the Royal Rumble with Cena and Rollins.
And all of those are his best recent matches. They've really killed his momentum with these nonstop squashes. Why should we give a fuck if he's just going to easily steamroll every single person on the roster?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Honestly, Roman and Russev can fight forever (clap, clap, clap clap clap) as far as I care. That brawl was great. Probably should have put it closer to the middle of the show though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Doesn't matter if it's Brooklyn, PPV crowds are going to try to take over the show more and more often. It's just the wrestling fan that's currently being bred. That the event doesn't ultimately matter, you're just there for the ~experience~

KingBroly

Banned
Doesn't matter if it's Brooklyn, PPV crowds are going to try to take over the show more and more often. It's just the wrestling fan that's currently being bred. That the event doesn't ultimately matter, you're just there for the ~experience~

I feel like NXT shows matter.

Even though it's obvious why Asuka and Nakamura won, you still partially wanted those matches to go the other way. With Bayley, you wanted her to stay in NXT just a while longer. With Nakamura/Joe, the loser was guaranteed to go to the main roster.

KingBroly

Banned
I feel like some big guy's going to be the one to beat Brock right now. You just had Brock legit bust a guy open, intentional or not. You're going to need a big guy who can take those shots.

And to me, that guy is Samoa Joe

miserable

well that shouldn't be a surprise, I mean isn't that the motto of Wrestlemania?

GunBR

I feel like some big guy's going to be the one to beat Brock right now. You just had Brock legit bust a guy open, intentional or not. You're going to need a big guy who can take those shots.

And to me, that guy is Samoa Joe
I still think that they're saving this for Roman

Maybe at Summerslam '17 or only at Mania 18', Reigns will finally get his clean win against Brock in a 1vs1 match

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont want to see Joe in the main roster, you guys live in this fantasy land where they would treat him with respect and book him as a monster

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Data, do you think Joe should beat Brock? Or do you think it'd be the wrong move?

I think Joe would need a title run first or something similar. Or they would need a month or two of Joe just running roughshot through the whole promotion. Brock's been built up to the strongest kayfabe entity in the WWE so Joe would have to get that Matanza level push and I don't know if they'd do that. The issue is that Brock is a heel. And Joe needs to be a heel. With the right booking, I could see see AJ or Joe beating Brock. Roman beating him already proves that seals been broken, but I don't know how you book it while keeping both heels unless it was like a freakshow match between Joe and Brock.

People joke, but I honestly wouldn't mind an improved Braun getting his vengeance at this point.

Alternatively, I wish Cena ACTUALLY had his worst year ever and suffered defeat after defeat to major Smackdown guys. Started to come off as his time being over and him being too old for this. And suddenly have him throw the gauntlet back down at Brock. Rocky/Drago style. Showed that magic for one last time.

I dont want to see Joe in the main roster, you guys live in this fantasy land where they would treat him with respect and book him as a monster

We have no idea how they would book him. If I had said a month ago that I thought Balor would be world champ in a month by beating Roman and Seth clean, you would have thought I was living in fantasy land.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We have no idea how they would book him. If I had said a month ago that I thought Balor would be world champ in a month by beating Roman and Seth clean, you would have thought I was living in fantasy land.

Hes fat. And samoan. You know exactly how they would book him.

Balor is ripped and has a Jeff Hardy merch type quality with the demon thing, of course they would push him to the moon.

I think Joe would need a title run first or something similar. Or they would need a month or two of Joe just running roughshot through the whole promotion. Brock's been built up to the strongest kayfabe entity in the WWE so Joe would have to get that Matanza level push and I don't know if they'd do that.

The issue is that Brock is a heel. And Joe needs to be a heel. With the right booking, I could see see AJ or Joe beating Brock. Roman beating him already proves that seals been broken, but I don't know how you book it while keeping both heels unless it was like a freakshow match between Joe and Brock.

People joke, but I honestly wouldn't mind an improved Braun getting his vengeance at this point.

Sounds about right. I disagree on Strowman, but I can see why you'd think that.

AJ's an interesting case. I think he and Brock could work really well together, but I don't know if they'd give him that Lesnar win. He really doesn't need it. He's made already, whereas they could make Joe instantly by giving him that win.

Hes fat. And samoan. You know exactly how they would book him.

Balor is ripped and has a Jeff Hardy merch type quality with the demon thing, of course they would push him to the moon.

"Owens is fat, he won't get a push!"

*beats Cena in his first match*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sounds about right. I disagree on Strowman, but I can see why you'd think that.

AJ's an interesting case. I think he and Brock could work really well together, but I don't know if they'd give him that Lesnar win. He really doesn't need it. He's made already, whereas they could make Joe instantly by giving him that win.

The thing is, giving Joe that win would feel forced. He'd need to be made already before he can get that win.

The thing is, giving Joe that win would feel forced. He'd need to be made already before he can get that win.

I think he'd need to be made to a degree, but I think the Lesnar win is a "make a star into a superstar" type win like they were going for with Roman. I think AJ is already past that point, but Joe is a new start so they can build him up and then give it to him.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No one who needs the win will ever also deserve to win.

The only even semi plausible idea is if everyone woke up one day and started liking Roman Reigns and wanted to see him succeed.

Rhaknar

I think he'd need to be made to a degree, but I think the Lesnar win is a "make a star into a superstar" type win like they were going for with Roman. I think AJ is already past that point, but Joe is a new start so they can build him up and then give it to him.

I think this win over Cena is exactly a "make a star into a superstar" win. Lets see if they follow it up.

Although, I'm disappointed you didn't mention Slater as someone who could beat Brock. Have him surround the ring with all of his kids as they swarm Brock and Slater rolls him up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Although, I'm disappointed you didn't mention Slater as someone who could beat Brock. Have him surround the ring with all of his kids as they swarm Brock and Slater rolls him up.

I might need to gif that amazing rollup in the women's championship match tonight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hurts to say it, but Rusev is a goof. I just can't ever see him as a top level guy. upper midcard/Benoit/Jericho/Eddie level. He has all the talent for it, but he's just been too tainted at this point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hurts to say it, but Rusev is a goof. I just can't ever see him as a top level guy. upper midcard/Benoit/Jericho/Eddie level. He has all the talent for it, but he's just been too tainted at this point.

He's got a bit of that Kirk Angel and Jericho stank on him, too funny too often. It gets you stuck at that level more often than not. Rock and Austin were also hilarious but only occasionally.

I think the problem with Joe is his age more than anything. He's in god mode right now, but what guarantee do they have that he'll be around long enough to really generate them revenue off of a win against Brock? AJ has the same problem.

Roman makes sense. Maybe that really tall Eastern European amateur wrestler they signed a year or two ago will be ready before Brock decides to peace out. Otherwise, their options are limited.

Edit: I think Rusev is someone you could build back up, honestly, but it would require a concerted effort that I guarantee WWE don't want to make.

I think the problem with Joe is his age more than anything. He's in god mode right now, but what guarantee do they have that he'll be around long enough to really generate them revenue off of a win against Brock? AJ has the same problem.

Roman makes sense. Maybe that really tall Eastern European amateur wrestler they signed a year or two ago will be ready before Brock decides to peace out. Otherwise, their options are limited.

There is somebody who has something you can't teach.

There is somebody who has something you can't teach.

Big Cass is a goof. I honestly doubt Vince is ever going to seriously pull the trigger on him for the main event.

Edit: Big E is awesome, but Brock would dwarf him. Cesaro could certainly be credible against Brock, but he has the personality and drawing power of a cup of Swiss Miss.

Top Bottom