• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

You guys

Watch the sequence again. Randy is covering up and Brock is raining down clubbing forarms into Randy's arms. Then Brock goes for the elbow to cut Randy, Randy isn't as covered up, and as soon as the second elbow has the desired effect Randy rolls over. I'm certain it was planned. Just as I'm certain it was planned to bust open Cena hardway in their first match after Brock came back.

Great job making people think he was shooting though.

And no, Randy wasn't sandbagging. Brock just wasn't releasing on most of his suplexes for whatever reason.

Those elbows are designed to cut people. That's the point of them. People in MMA throw elbows like that not to knock the guy out, but to cut their opponent around their eyes. Kenny Florian used them all the time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe anyone thought Brock went into business for himself. That's so fucking absurd on so many levels. Brock will happily eat a shit sandwich. He does not care. This is a job.

klonere

Banned
Sasha has been watching her Ibushi tapes I see

Cqa7-5nUMAAtHgo.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Legitimately had my enthusiasm for wrestling tested over the course of the weekend. Between the hyper violent Jay Briscoe/Hangman Page match on DBD, Joe getting his jaw rearranged on Takeover and now all the injuries to (allegedly) Sasha, Finn, and Randy getting scalped, I truly don't have any more stomach for legitimate violence in this sport.

Anth0ny

wait, orton got suspended?

ok NOW I can see how they'd okay that finish

I can hear lapsed vince now

PATTERSON GET IN HERE

yeah boss?

RANDY WASN'T JUICING, I HAVE TO SUSPEND HIM

oh shit boss, he was supposed to go over brock tonight! what do we do?

GOD DAMN IT NO ONE GOES AND GETS SUSPENDED WHEN I GIVE THEM A PUSH

BROCK GET THE FUCK IN HERE

WE'RE CHANGING THE FINISH FOR TONIGHT

I WANT YOU TO MURDER RANDY TONIGHT, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING

giphy.gif

Legitimately had my enthusiasm for wrestling tested over the course of the weekend. Between the hyper violent Jay Briscoe/Hangman Page match on DBD, Joe getting his jaw rearranged on Takeover and now all the injuries to (allegedly) Sasha, Finn, and Randy getting scalped, I truly don't have any more stomach for legitimate violence in this sport.

I just read the text description of this and oi vey.

I am sure the intention was to bust Randy open (and Brock was always going to win this match) but there is no way they intended for Randy to have blood literally pouring out of his head. The match ended on an audible.

Cagey

Banned
Brock popped Orton and then WWE popped Orton.

Seth popped the Finn Balor, the Demon King's shoulder.

Dean and Dolph popped no one in the crowd.

What a night.

I can't believe anyone thought Brock went into business for himself. That's so fucking absurd on so many levels. Brock will happily eat a shit sandwich. He does not care. This is a job.

Yep, if Vince told him to go out there and get squashed by Heath Slater he'd say sure thing but first show me the bag with the $ on it.

He doesn't give a shit about wrestling, he doesn't give a shit about the wrestling character 'Brock Lesnar' or whatever they do or don't do with it.

I imagine he's just sitting there chuckling away because for some reason they pay him a huge amount of money to also destroy everyone and win everything zzzz.

I cant tell if Sasha is just really light / small so she can take a bumps really well (sort of like how AJ Lee took bumps) or if she is legit trying to knock herself out every match.

wait, orton got suspended?

ok NOW I can see how they'd okay that finish

I can hear lapsed vince now

PATTERSON GET IN HERE

yeah boss?

RANDY WASN'T JUICING, I HAVE TO SUSPEND HIM

oh shit boss, he was supposed to go over brock tonight! what do we do?

GOD DAMN IT NO ONE GOES AND GETS SUSPENDED WHEN I GIVE THEM A PUSH

BROCK GET THE FUCK IN HERE

WE'RE CHANGING THE FINISH FOR TONIGHT

I WANT YOU TO MURDER RANDY TONIGHT, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING

giphy.gif

Brock popped Orton and then WWE popped Orton.

Seth popped the Finn Balor, the Demon King's shoulder.

Dean and Dolph popped no one in the crowd.

What a night.
Orton's suspension was false fellas. My bad.

notworksafe

Really enjoyed Summerslam last night, though all that came over agreed six hours was a hair too much. AJ/Cena and both women's matches were definitely a highlight, the six woman tag especially. I think that was mainly because I expected it to be so bad like previous years, plus it was nice to see Nikki back and on Smackdown!

AJ and Cena just tore the house down and put it all out there, very cool match with both those dudes taking a beating. Really hope this means AJ gets a title shot now, because the Ziggler/Dean match was missing something that I hope AJ can bring.

We all really liked the new title as well, so I'm honestly surprised it to see it get so much heat on the internet (not really though, the internet will always find a reason to hate something). The match for it was pretty good as well, though it also felt like something was missing. I am glad that Finn won over some sort of tiresome Seth shenanigans though.

Brock looked like a goddamn monster and really was killing it out there. Too bad poor Randy was the one who got killed. But something tells me Randy was in to that finish, seems like his kind of thing.

Overall a good show, not a single bad match on the card, but a tad long. If I'd skipped the preshow I honestly would have liked the whole thing more, so I guess this one is on me.

Anth0ny

i still don't understand how, in this era of sensitivity around head injuries

to the point where they actually banned one of randy orton's finishing moves because it involves a guy fake kicking another guy in the head

they'd book him in a match where a dude hits him with stiff elbows and busts him open for real

that just makes no sense to me. you could easily book a tko finish and make brock look like a beast without busting someone open hardway. or use a blood tablet to simulate blood.

none of it adds up to me. then again this is wwe and they're fucking weird and inconsistent so who knows. but they've seemed REALLY careful with head injury stuff lately and that finish goes completely against all of that.

Zach

to the point where they actually banned one of randy orton's finishing moves because it involves a guy fake kicking another guy in the head

they'd book him in a match where a dude hits him with stiff elbows and busts him open for real

that just makes no sense to me. you could easily book a tko finish and make brock look like a beast without busting someone open hardway. or use a blood tablet to simulate blood.

none of it adds up to me. then again this is wwe and they're fucking weird and inconsistent so who knows. but they've seemed REALLY careful with head injury stuff lately and that finish goes completely against all of that.
Mmhmm, mmhmm.

There’s a reason Sasha Banks has been removed from listings for upcoming events … Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned The Boss is dealing with a back issue.

Sources with direct knowledge tell us Sasha is scheduled for an evaluation with doctors at the beginning of September, due to pain she’s dealing with in the lower lumbar section of her back.

For those who missed it, Banks lost the Women’s Championship to Charlotte Sunday night at SummerSlam. She was also reportedly removed from upcoming live event appearances.

No word on whether she’ll still appear on RAW until the evaluation, but we can only assume the possible injury factored into their decision to have her drop the title.
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/sa...luation-back/#.V7r-pZMrJE4?platform=hootsuite

Cole/Ospreay is fascinating as a 1st time match. But I thought Cole was going to be a heavyweight?

With the rumored merger of the Jr and Heavyweight tag divisions, I think New Japan will be a lot more open to openweight matches. Bobby Fish is challenging Shibata for the NEVER title as well (although by definition that is an openweight title).

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Preach, friend. Can Seff have the Curb Stomp back now?

Look at those champs. Ambrose is looking goo....oh wait.

2nKaXew.jpg

I thought he was holding the belt in a way to conceal a sling. Good to see that there isn't one. He could have pulled a muscle or had a slight dislocation and the sling could have just been a precaution.

Gotta say, the more I see that belt, the less I hate it. It's unoriginal as all hell, but the red faceplate combined with the black swoosh actually looks pretty badass. It probably would have looked better with a black strap though.

I cant tell if Sasha is just really light / small so she can take a bumps really well (sort of like how AJ Lee took bumps) or if she is legit trying to knock herself out every match.

Sasha is super bendy but tries way too much and is shredding her body. She and Will Ospreay seem to be on the same career path.

klonere

Banned
Finn is perfect morning TV fodder as well - interesting look, sounds different, comes across as a nice fella. Totally inoffensive, sells the merch. Top guy material imo.

Sasha is super bendy but tries way too much and is shredding her body. She and Will Ospreay seem to be on the same career path.

Will has the athletic ability to actually pull of the stuff he does. Sasha really wants to pull it off but sadly her body just won't do it and she hurts it more. It's pretty tragic.

jmdajr

Finn is perfect morning TV fodder as well - interesting look, sounds different, comes across as a nice fella. Totally inoffensive, sells the merch. Top guy material imo.

My wife hasn't watched in awhile and she liked his gimmick. Something different and cool for the kids.

Top Bottom