• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Why are they burying smackdown?

Nikki going to Smackdown is a nice get for them, especially if it's true about Sasha being out for a while. She's a star and she can go in the ring. I liked the new finisher, although initially I was worried that she was still going to do the Rack Attack. Like, Nikki no! Your neck!

Heroman

Banned
Nikki going to Smackdown is a nice get for them, especially if it's true about Sasha being out for a while. She's a star and she can go in the ring. I liked the new finisher, although initially I was worried that she was still going to do the Rack Attack. Like, Nikki no! Your neck!
Is it? wwe has basically been burying the pre "Diva revolution" women.

jmdajr

The Smackdown woman's division is better at this point. Next PPv Nikki becomes champ!

Zach

klonere

Banned
With the rumored merger of the Jr and Heavyweight tag divisions, I think New Japan will be a lot more open to openweight matches. Bobby Fish is challenging Shibata for the NEVER title as well (although by definition that is an openweight title).

Good, more matchups is always better. The tag belts desperately need something to get them going again.

My wife hasn't watched in awhile and she liked his gimmick. Something different and cool for the kids.

shhh you are not allowed be positive about Finn in this thread

Is it? wwe has basically been burying the pre "Diva revolution" women.

Apart from Nikki, maybe. But Charlotte has been getting a decent heel push on Smackdown, and Naomi's new face turn seems to be working out so far. Heck, she actually wasn't awful in the ring last night (although I still hate those kicks she does).

jmdajr

Good, more matchups is always better. The tag belts desperately need something to get them going again.

shhh you are not allowed be positive about Finn in this thread

All part of the Wrasslegaf tradition.

"I liked so and so when he was in bingo halls"

It's not like Cesaro, Zayn or KO are going to be champ soon. Reigns doesn't have the belt. Be sorta happy!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
weird, rollins injured another person?

i'm sure it's the moves fault. finn shouldn't be taking that move at his age, right?

Anth0ny

christ, ban that stupid powerbomb already. looks like shit.

give rollins some safe moves already, like stiff elbows to the head that cut your opponent open hard way

Hasney

D'Lo did a more convincing running powerbomb AND more severely injured someone with his.

D'Lo > Seth

I find the idea of cool down macthes are dumb especially in this era.

Nah, they are still a good thing. The Takeover crowd needed one between Nakamura/Zayn and Bayley/Asuka for one great example.

Cagey

Banned
Seth should get Brock one on one for the #1 contender status as punishment for hurting a third person with his powerbomb variants.

First being The Icon, the second being The Man himself.

A Brock match is the new means of maintaining order.

jmdajr

So who would you be happy with as WWE Universal champ?

RAW: Rusev, Rollins, Cesaro, KO, Balor are all good options.
I mean Cesaro is NEVER gonna be champ, but it be cool.

Smackdown it's really just Dean or AJ.
That's it.

Hasney

Seth should get Brock one on one for the #1 contender status as punishment for hurting a third person with his powerbomb variants.

First being The Icon, the second being The Man himself.

A Brock match is the new means of maintaining order.

Brock truly is the new Bob Holly. Their careers are virtually parallel.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but it looks like NJPW is unifying their tag titles. The Young Bucks are going to face the Briscoes at one of the Destruction shows.

klonere

Banned
Today I learned Adderall has a side effect of being a fat burner and muscle builder. I thought a bunch of people on the roster needed to memorize scripts or something. Drugs are weird.

Finn is fine, can't be great but why do more than you have to ?

His time in the Performance Center was all about slowing him down from the pace he had in NJPw which is good - having a longer career is always a positive. I think he does need to fill some holes in his arsenal to make that space where the other stuff once was interesting.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but it looks like NJPW is unifying their tag titles. The Young Bucks are going to face the Briscoes at one of the Destruction shows.

Yeah it was, but exciting nonetheless. Bucks/Briscoes should be a hoot, as they say.

UberTag

christ, ban that stupid powerbomb already. looks like shit.

give rollins some safe moves already, like stiff elbows to the head that cut your opponent open hard way
Funny how the one move of Seth's that they banned is the one move he never injured anyone with.

Look at those champs. Ambrose is looking goo....oh wait.

2nKaXew.jpg
Finn looks like a tiny, tiny man standing next to Charlotte. They shouldn't parade him around in public like that as their heavyweight champ unless he's attached to JoJo in flats.

So who would you be happy with as WWE Universal champ?

RAW: Rusev, Rollins, Cesaro, KO, Balor are all good options.
I mean Cesaro is NEVER gonna be champ, but it be cool.
Poor Sami Zayn. Always gets forgotten.

Ronin Ray

I didn't see any summer slam but from the pictures I really like that red belt and I feel like I am the only one. I think it would have been cool to have different colored belts for different divisions. I do wish the 3 main belts looked different though but I love that red .

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/sa...luation-back/#.V7r-pZMrJE4?platform=hootsuite

There’s a reason Sasha Banks has been removed from listings for upcoming events … Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned The Boss is dealing with a back issue.

Sources with direct knowledge tell us Sasha is scheduled for an evaluation with doctors at the beginning of September, due to pain she’s dealing with in the lower lumbar section of her back.

Gee, I wonder why she has back issues...

Also if that's the match you work before taking time off for back issues, I think you are doing it wrong.

Top Bottom