• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rusev holding the nicest looking singles title belt on the WWE's #1 brand/show = never winning anything.
Hell, dude's already won at life by bagging Lana.
Well, if you base your success on who you're marrying.

klonere

Banned
such a great move

but looks very unsafe

will probably be banned tomorrow

Lance Storm thinks it looks safe and says he'd take it.

Lance

Storm.

Ye0OJqX.gif

Hasney

I don't think they were chanting due to the match, just the belt. They shut up after a little bit and then only booed it when Finn grabbed it.

klonere

Banned
I'm pretty sure the crowd got back into it towards the end of the match.

Its forgivable as WWE matches don't have anything important happen in them until the 3rd finisher is hit or whatever.

Can you blame the audience for shitting on the title match?

They got stuck with Finn, who has been portrayed like a cornball (DEMON KING, DEMON KING, DEMON KING! IRISH!) and Seth Rollins, who has to force himself to dislike Finn.

There is nothing personal about some doofus who comes to the ring dressed like he's some half-hearted witch

And it must be confusing as hell for average fans to see Balor beat Roman, and then suddenly do this demon crap. He's like a peacock that fans its feathers. All it says is "look at me, look at my feathers and theatrics, take me seriously" but it doesn't contribute anything.

And let's not forget that Balor really is terrible on the mic, or at least was so with this feud. And his wrestling is just no fun to watch. Every time he wrestles, it always seems like the other guy is better, works harder, and tells a better story.

People love to give Balor a pass, yet he's had the title for so long on NXT, and now has been slingshotted to the title picture, which is a mistake. The average audience doesnt even know the damn guy. People are just so happy to see Reigns out, that they stupidly think Finn is worthy.

If you criticize Roman for his cornball attitude, you can't seriously tell me you enjoy seeing Finn. At least Roman can look like a bad ass when he wants to. And Roman has been in more entertaining matches than Finn has. And that's not just Roman being carried either.

UberTag

After Raw and SD Live so they can write them out. ADR, Paige and Eva didn't need reasons.
Yeah, I'm not expecting announcements until Wednesday but it should be pretty clear who will wind up on the list after tonight.
I'd especially worry about Banks if they go out of their way to burn her rematch clause tonight instead of waiting a month.

Alos, it tells me that the WWE wasn't testing for shit until the recent Reigns and Lesnar positives and are using this opportunity to put on a good public face before going back to not testing for shit again.
You don't go three years with the only wellness pop being Ricardo Rodriguez's fat burners to EVERYONE getting popped at once for no reason.

I'm pretty sure the crowd got back into it towards the end of the match.

Its forgivable as WWE matches don't have anything important happen in them until the 3rd finisher is hit or whatever.
The finisher fest is fucking annoying. There were way too many in Cena v AJ.

Ithil

Can you blame the audience for shitting on the title match?

They got stuck with Finn, who has been portrayed like a cornball (DEMON KING, DEMON KING, DEMON KING! IRISH!) and Seth Rollins, who has to force himself to dislike Finn.

There is nothing personal about some doofus who comes to the ring dressed like he's some half-hearted witch

And it must be confusing as hell for average fans to see Balor beat Roman, and then suddenly do this demon crap. He's like a peacock that fans its feathers. All it says is "look at me, look at my feathers and theatrics, take me seriously" but it doesn't contribute anything.

And let's not forget that Balor really is terrible on the mic, or at least was so with this feud. And his wrestling is just no fun to watch. Every time he wrestles, it always seems like the other guy is better, works harder, and tells a better story.

Dude, they like Finn. He always gets cheered, and was cheered at the show.
You don't like him, it's not the same thing.

jmdajr

We turned on Fin in record time.

It be nice if we could be somewhat happy for him. But whatevs. No reason for me to get on this hate train.

Barrage

Everyone was making conspiracy theories about Sasha getting popped due to her booking before the injury stuff, but...

It's Rusev who's suspect.

jmdajr

Rusev gets popped. Roman spends weeks cutting promos about how shameful it is that Rusev would cheat and take shortcuts. Vince laughs and laughs.

If RuRu did get suspended it's just hilarious to me that Reigns gets no reward out of it.

"Rusev you're suspended god damn it! And Reigns.... you ain't getting shit! Now get out of my office!"

Cagey

Banned
I'm thinking of contacting Tanahashi to start an oddly disproportionate lower pectoral development support group with weekly therapy sessions.
Rusev gets popped. Roman spends weeks cutting promos about how shameful it is that Rusev would cheat and take shortcuts. Vince laughs and laughs.
Evil commie blasted for cheating by cheating Americans is the most American storyline possible. Apropos it's for the America Belt.

Finally got time to watch the PPV.

Wow that belt sucks. It's making the spinner belt look good when they cheap out recoloring the current world championship twice.

Top Bottom