• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Damnit. All these rumours are going to force me to tune in tonight to see who gets written out.

My parents are visiting. I subjected them to Takeover and Summerslam. Now this. Hah.

That 'dark day' stuff makes me think it's got to be much worse than just Rusev. That wouldn't be a black eye on the sport.

Hasney

Damnit. All these rumours are going to force me to tune in tonight to see who gets written out.

My parents are visiting. I subjected them to Takeover and Summerslam. Now this. Hah.

That 'dark day' stuff makes me think it's got to be much worse than just Rusev. That wouldn't be a black eye on the sport.

The rumors were that it was like 6-12 people or something like that?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's make Suspension Bets. You get 3 people to pick.

1. Sami Zayn
2. Neville
3. (this breaks my heart) Rusev

jmdajr

The only guy who would qualify for that is Cena.

Anyhow I bought tix to RAW and now..who knows who will even be on the show.

Sephzilla

Kevin+Owens+chicken+dance.gif
KO is the best guy on the whole roster

I'm surprised GAF hasn't turned on him

Who's rumored to get written out? I might not go tonight if thats the case lol

Hasney

I don't buy Rusev. They'd have had Reigns squash him and take his belt, surely.

I'm going with

Dana Brooke
Baron Corbin
Titus

Anth0ny

the POPPED list:

brock (usada)
cena (roids)
rusev (the same sex drug from thailand anderson silva got popped for)
zayn (addy)
sasha (molly)

klonere

Banned
Bayley looked insanely in shape at Takeover so I'd bet on her above nearly anybody else.

But getting popped would kill the gimmick so badly :(

Cagey

Banned
Let's make Suspension Bets. You get 3 people to pick.

1. Sami Zayn
2. Neville
3. (this breaks my heart) Rusev
Neville's body, much like Cena and Mike O'Hearn, naturally produces trenbolone, you know that.

Seth. I'll go with Seth. Injury recovery is no joke, and he hasn't cycled off yet, and his subsequent roid rage fueled his assault on Finn Balor, The Demon King

KO is the best guy on the whole roster

I'm surprised GAF hasn't turned on him
Kevin Owens is a nice marriage of some newer #movez elements with an abundance of old school pro wrestling charm. He cuts across party lines.

Summerslam was an event that I watched, it was okay.
No match really delivered in a big way to me but there wasn't much negative either, except that the main event was another boring by the books Brock match, man remember when he had that match against Punk a few summerslams back and it was like an actual match? gooood times.

I see Finn took us to Dropkick city with an extended trip to the stomping suburbs, wasn't expecting him to win.

Lol Ziggler, in a PPV where everybody kicks out of everything this sucker gets done in one finisher (actually, that's a good, makes a change).

Keep the belt off! Never put it on or it's over.

It has supernatural powers, remember when it sapped all of Jack Swaggers...swagger?

Ithil

I can't believe this was actually the better and more original belt.

1471876585189cdrif.jpg

I figured out what's really killing the actual belt too, it's not simply the lazy red recolour, it's the fake leather material that makes it look like a Perfect Dark Zero texture.

14718311708106xq7b.jpg

Hasney

Neville's body, much like Cena and Mike O'Hearn, naturally produces trenbolone, you know that.

Seth. I'll go with Seth. Injury recovery is no joke, and he hasn't cycled off yet, and his subsequent roid rage fueled his assault on Finn Balor, The Demon King .

Oh man, if it's Seth and Finn is injured... Be a fun Raw tonight.

Sephzilla

Kevin Owens is a nice marriage of some newer #movez elements with an abundance of old school pro wrestling charm. He cuts across party lines.
Funny enough my friends and I were having kind of a similar discussion about KO. He seems like he could be transplanted from the modern era to the Attitude Era or the 80s and work perfectly fine.

klonere

Banned
Man this "LOLROH" file is getting mighty thick

Cedric Alexander said:
A lot of you guys don’t know this, but you all know I spent a lot of time in Ring of Honor, right? The last two years in that company almost made me want to quit wrestling, because I wasn’t happy. I wasn’t being used the way I thought I should have been. And it’s not because I’m cocky or I’m arrogant, or I think I’m the best thing in the world, which I am

No, but in all seriousness, they looked at my talent, and they squandered it!

Sephzilla

Something that would "be a black eye on the sport" would have to be Cena getting popped. Or maybe Roman getting popped a second time. Or a string of NXT poppings

Raw64life

Cena getting busted wouldn't leave a "long lasting black eye."

Has to be something major/criminal.

There was a rumor around WrestleMania time that someone on the roster was involved in something major that would be catastrophic if it leaked out. But everyone was afraid to report on it because of the Hogan/Gawker thing.

Can you blame the audience for shitting on the title match?

They got stuck with Finn, who has been portrayed like a cornball (DEMON KING, DEMON KING, DEMON KING! IRISH!) and Seth Rollins, who has to force himself to dislike Finn.

There is nothing personal about some doofus who comes to the ring dressed like he's some half-hearted witch

And it must be confusing as hell for average fans to see Balor beat Roman, and then suddenly do this demon crap. He's like a peacock that fans its feathers. All it says is "look at me, look at my feathers and theatrics, take me seriously" but it doesn't contribute anything.

And let's not forget that Balor really is terrible on the mic, or at least was so with this feud. And his wrestling is just no fun to watch. Every time he wrestles, it always seems like the other guy is better, works harder, and tells a better story.

People love to give Balor a pass, yet he's had the title for so long on NXT, and now has been slingshotted to the title picture, which is a mistake. The average audience doesnt even know the damn guy. People are just so happy to see Reigns out, that they stupidly think Finn is worthy.

If you criticize Roman for his cornball attitude, you can't seriously tell me you enjoy seeing Finn. At least Roman can look like a bad ass when he wants to. And Roman has been in more entertaining matches than Finn has. And that's not just Roman being carried either.

Nah it's just ridiculous for people to demand that fans be interested in that match, this is all on WWE for having such a long drawn out uninteresting show.

Then on top of that you have that title match, where title is a joke the name is a joke and way it looks is a joke. A high workrate match with standard storytelling and a poor buildup isn't going to magically hook everyone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Something that would "be a black eye on the sport" would have to be Cena getting popped. Or maybe Roman getting popped a second time. Or a string of NXT poppings
A black eye hs gotta point to Bayley. Who else is so wholesome?

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Why would anyone getting popped be a black eye on the sport? These are pro wrestlers for pete's sake!

Top Bottom