• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Sephzilla

What would you guys seriously think would be a "black eye" scenario? Especially in a post Benoit WWE.

The whole "black eye" thing is hyperbolic anyway but let's just roll with it

Cagey

Banned
Bayley looked insanely in shape at Takeover so I'd bet on her above nearly anybody else.

But getting popped would kill the gimmick so badly :(

She had a quality six pack starter kit going on, I was mirin', but I don't think she's an obvious "look at her she's on the juice" candidate. A month of disciplined dieting produces her result.

Fire Hydrant Seth is another story.

klonere

Banned
Not sure what to make of this tbh

CqebGnnWIAAVgeQ.jpg:small

I'm going to take a wild guess and say he's gotten his contract offer from WWE, to be burning his bridges like that.

Yeah I'd wager so. ROH stays a dumpster fire.

The thing I dislike most about ROH is their insistence on telling their fans how much better the New Japan guys are than their own guys. It's like WWE with part-timers, but even worse because at those are old WWE guys so they control it to a degree.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What would you guys seriously think would be a "black eye" scenario? Especially in a post Benoit WWE.

It'd have to be another Hogan situation that makes mainstream news. Nobody really cares about fake wrestlers popping pills.

Fox318

There is enough shit that doesn't get covered and when a company like ESPN ignores Brock getting popped from a WWE perspective and Reid flair the only thing that could actually get media coverage is somebody on Cena/Taker commenting a major crime or something to do with the McMahon Family.

Vince was gone from being backstage at Raw for a few weeks in the lead-up to Summerslam and no one knew why. Now news about a "black eye on the sport". Hmm... seems like time for needless dot-connecting and wild speculation.

I think Bayley being popped would be the most shocking.

She'd probably return with some dark gloomy gimmick of how even childhood heroes can fall down the ladder.

Not sure what to make of this tbh

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqebGnnWIAAVgeQ.jpg:small[/IM

Yeah I'd wager so. ROH stays a dumpster fire.[/QUOTE]

Being in a relationship with 2 top promotions, plus having decent house and ppv business is pretty good.

Yet the booking is milquetoast.

[quote="serenewarfare, post: 214576638"]The thing I dislike most about ROH is their insistence on telling their fans how much better the New Japan guys are than their own guys. It's like WWE with part-timers, but even worse because at those are old WWE guys so they control it to a degree.[/QUOTE]

Agree they need to find a happy medium. Don't need okada or naito to job every show but they need to let someone like lethal or Cole get a big win

klonere

Banned
Stro being unbanned

Controversial statements from Seph here.

She had a quality six pack starter kit going on, I was mirin', but I don't think she's an obvious "look at her she's on the juice" candidate. A month of disciplined dieting produces her result.

Fire Hydrant Seth is another story.

Maybe it was the tan + gear that had me thinking. Apart from Cena I think she's the only person on the roster that couldn't survive being popped for something.

The thing I dislike most about ROH is their insistence on telling their fans how much better the New Japan guys are than their own guys. It's like WWE with part-timers, but even worse because at those are old WWE guys so they control it to a degree.

Well that, glacial storyline pace, totally nonsensical TV show scheduling, terrible booking decisions (Lethal/Cabana with zero resolution), Bullet Club in 2016, Lethal's hilariously overinflated reign....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I guess thats why Finn was only raiding one arm when he was celebrating last night, not the whole "this belt sucks and people will boo it" scenario lol

Aiii

So not worth it
I cannot decide if I love or hate Holy Foley. It might be simultaneously the best and the worst thing on the Network right now.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/999b9e9407da06689dee413785bc0964/tumblr_ocagbytrFw1v1gvxoo1_1280.png[/img[img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ben10/images/f/f7/Upgrade1.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20141129031917[/img

I'm still not over this. In a way it redeems the lack of white gear.[/QUOTE]

More like

[img]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tron/images/8/8b/TRONL_Clu_GIF.gif/revision/latest?cb=20111124180658

Seth has great taste in movies

Top Bottom