• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

UberTag

With all of us expecting AJ Styles to get the big WWE title program push fresh off his clean win over Cena, how hilarious would it be for them to make Baron Corbin the #1 contender instead?

Cagey

Banned
So this Seth/Finn thing is over right? Seth doesn't have a rematch since it was a new belt. What's next for both of them?
For Finn Balor, the Demon King?
tumblr_o7putaMqCz1ubatowo3_400.gif

Watching Gladiator on Netflix; no wonder everyone does the heel Authority figure angle in all the promotions. When it works, it works tremendously! Push Maximus to the moon, brother!

Colocho

Banned
We haven't turned on Kevin Owens because he's legit great. Great mic skills, great in ring ability, great storyteller, he's the complete package.

Finn Balor on the other hand, can't cut a promo to save his life, is good in the ring, but tends to go on spotfests, and he relies on the "DEMON KING" gimmick to get himself over and that shit got boring like a year ago.

Owens is a mega star: Balor is the most boring guy on the roster.

Chances aj gets the strap at backlash or they hold off till survivor series
Hopefully on Smackdown tomorrow. No rematch either. Just forget about Dean's reign.
A rematch at Clash of Champions.
There's no need for this :(.
I want to say KO/Finn but I don't want Owens to suffer
I'd be ok with this, but they have to keep JeriKO together though.
Finn vs Strowman

Get
fucking
hype!
I'd love to see Strowman throwing him around the arena.
For Finn Balor, the Demon King?
tumblr_o7putaMqCz1ubatowo3_400.gif
😂😂😂

Nekofrog

Banned
i'm secretly hoping the title match at no mercy (i'll be there in attendance) is aj vs bray or something

Are you guys going to apologize to me and Seth Rollins when it turns out Finn is fine?

no because he actually does need to stop it regardless if finn is okay or not. there's certainly a trend of people going into the ring with him and coming out hurt

GunBR

With all of us expecting AJ Styles to get the big WWE title program push fresh off his clean win over Cena, how hilarious would it be for them to make Baron Corbin the #1 contender instead?

At Backlash AJ Styles will have to test his skills and face his biggest challenge since his debut at WWE...the demon Kane

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
During the Savage feud in 1991, nobody is on Jake Roberts level. and I don't think anyone has ever been on his level since that point. He is fucking scary. He looks like the human avatar of Satan. The glitz and neon of the 90s contrast to this morbid, evil looking man coming to bring reality crashing down around you. Not here to throw out a bunch of buzzwords, COCKY EVIL HEEL LAUGH not even once. Just tells you the reality. The angle that Savage is banned from the arena is supposed to put Roberts over as a coward but instead Roberts turns it around and says the fans are thankful for Savage being barred from the arena. Because in their hearts they don't want something to happen to Savage. They don't want Jake to have to kill him. The cold, evil way he delivers each line is unmatched and the idea that anyone would ever even try to compare Randy Orton to Jake Roberts is the worst offense in pro wrestling.
image3baljq.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
Are you guys going to apologize to me and Seth Rollins when it turns out Finn is fine?
He showed up at Good Morning America with out a sling and supposedly has a history of dislocating that shoulder, so I guess we'll see.

Although Metlz said that there was an initial concern that he would need surgery.

Rollins still needs to stop doing the turnbuckle bomb.

Who didn't appreciate the greatness as it happened?

truthhurts.gif

What's with the dude in the background who claps for a few seconds and then gives the thumbs down? Is this smart marking?

HOLY SHIT, I've been meaning to ask. Who is the white dude with the long, thin blonde hair and what looks like a red soccer jersey with a camera around his neck that is at every show?

jmdajr

Holy Foley is so hilariously worked it's just amazing.

I assume the premise was that she wants to become a wrestler? I'm sure that didn't pan out.

The girl is pretty but she has like no muscles at all. None.
Better off staying away really. Look at dad!

Lothar

Banned
People actually thought Brock busted Randy open on purpose without talking to anyone else about it? Is this the new "Brock shoot-pinned the Undertaker and the graphics guy was savvy and smart enough to have a 21-1 graphic on hand the whole time"?

In their defense, the idea that Orton would be so fucking stupid he would allow himself to be elbowed in the head until blood came out of it isn't really something that's easy to comprehend.

Total Divas is fake but it's glorious. It's saying something when Jimmy Uso is the GOAT on it, guy is likable as fuck outside of the ring.

Oh don't worry, Nikki Bella is back.
The revolution is over.
This is a shoot but Nikki being back in my opinion just furthers how the Smackdown women's division is ahead of the Raw women's division.

Mahonay

Banned
Ambrose really does need to put his money where his mouth is. I thought SummerSlam was a great chance to do it, and instead it was more of the same shit. It wasn't awful, but it also wasn't exactly a 4 star match that had me invested.

jmdajr

(updated) So Cena has lost like 6 Summerslams in a row.

Punk (twice)
Bryan
Brock
Seth
AJ

So he hasn't won since 2010! When he buried The Nexus.

Top Bottom