• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
On a positive note, I loved this RKO+Randyface. That shit was perfect haha

randyface.gif

Hasney

I know I said all the poppings will be happening after Raw and/or SD, but I wish I could get one before bed tonight. That would be delightful.

Suspended WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio is being called a cheater in a nasty divorce battle between he and his wife … but the wrestler has responded saying that’s just not true.

Pro Wrestling Sheet obtained court documents filed at the end of June by Del Rio’s wife Angela Velkei which state their marriage ended May 27th, 2016 due to adultery. Discord or conflict within the marriage is cited as well.

Velkei’s attorneys Raymond Rafool and Richard Orsinger are also asking for a judge to issue a restraining order that would limit contact between their client and the former WWE champ.

While it’s not specifically mentioned, the listed break-up date is just two weeks after ADR and Paige went public with their relationship — when many people had no idea he was still married — and our sources say this wasn’t a coincidence.

Alberto is telling a different story though. In documents filed last week, the wrestler claims their relationship ended in June ’15 and it was because Angela was “guilty of cruel treatment” towards him.

According to Del Rio’s lawyers, the couple were married in Mexico … so he filed for divorce there last month. Because of that, they believe that country should have “dominant jurisdiction over the proceedings.” They also request that his wife undergo a psych evaluation.

Both sides want full custody of their children, as well as ownership of their house and her car.

A judge has yet to make a formal decision.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
why do people care about dumbass convoluted rko spots in 2016?

that shit is the worst thing about randy on tv. second is randy being on tv.

Is singing 'John Cena sucks' to his theme the new 'you suck' chant a la Kurt Angle?

Because Cena has been doing nothing but putting on spectacular matches for 2 years now.

I watched an entire week of CM Punk as I was getting caught up. Eevry match I watched, including this one, had him telling a different story each time. That program he did with Undertaker was a great example of this. With Brock, I bought into the idea that he had a chance to bring the beast down and he almost did. My favorite thing about the match is not just how believable they sold it but how much fun Punk was having. My favorite part is when Heyman interferes. The looks on his and Punk's face is priceless (skip to 31 minutes for anyone interested)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...3-summerslam-ppv_sport?GK_FACEBOOK_OG_HTML5=1

CM Punk doesn't get enough credit to how talented he really was. Look at his promos against Rock for Rumble 13', dude out staged him on the mic by magnitudes. His in-ring work is basically what Ambrose tries to do now but less shitty. By that I mean a dude with no technique to his offense but still manages to eek by just pure will. Like watching Will Smith at the end of Men in Black. Not pretty but he winning someway, somehow.

Hasney

Is singing 'John Cena sucks' to his theme the new 'you suck' chant a la Kurt Angle?

Because Cena has been doing nothing but putting on spectacular matches for 2 years now.

I wouldn't go as far to say that he's done spectacular matches for 2 years as consistently as others, but he knows when to turn it on and when he does, it is usually great. But yeah, watch the respect Cena gets at the end of the match at SummerSlam. Singing John Cena Sucks is just fun when it fits so perfect.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Punk's creative juices stopped flowing in about 2011, and that's when he stopped trying things.

Hasney

CM Punk doesn't get enough credit to how talented he really was. Look at his promos against Rock for Rumble 13', dude out staged him on the mic by magnitudes. His in-ring work is basically what Ambrose tries to do now but less shitty. By that I mean a dude with no technique to his offense but still manages to eek by just pure will. Like watching Will Smith at the end of Men in Black. Not pretty but he winning someway, somehow.

Love that promo even more than the pipe bomb.

Mahonay

Banned
Punk's creative juices stopped flowing in about 2011, and that's when he stopped trying things.
When I started watching again in 2013 it was very apparent that I had missed out on the era when Punk was killing it. I just saw a guy that seemed extremely spent and exhausted.

EDIT: Although yeah he showed some flair during that Brock feud for sure.

rrc1594

As a kid I actively rooted for Taker during that run even thought he was an evil bastard.

Although I was torn in his feud with Austin.

Storylines use to connect then and make sense. Like Stephanie siding with HHH, because Vince had her kidnapped during Ministry-Cooperation.

Punk was the fucking man. Fuck Vince for putting that druggy shit Roman in the main event of Mania for 2 years, but not being willing to put the guy who got your shitty fucking company main stream attention. Positive attention, not the attention you because one of your former employees drugged himself to death because he wanted to get a push or a paycheck. Punk was a once in a lifetime talent, and as much as I love KO, Sami, AJ, or Seth, none of them are remotely close to Punk's level. I hope he does good in UFC. He probably won't, but I really hope he does.

Zach

So I'm sitting here enjoying this Kanyon/Mike Awesome match at Slamboree 2000 and then it hits me that both guys killed themselves shortly after hitting 40.

: (

I guess? I mean I still don't want to cheer the dude or watch his promos, but I watch his matches now, where I would always skip them before. His big match ring work these days is top notch.

Top Bottom