• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Mahonay

Banned
I guess? I mean I still don't want to cheer the dude or watch his promos, but I watch his matches now, where I would always skip them before. His big match ring work these days is top notch.
I'd say I'm the same.

But he is legit one of their very best workers now which is crazy to say, because that was not at all the case when I came back to watching WWE in 2013. His matches were the worst parts of my WWE viewing experience. Although that SummerSlam match with Bryan was amazing.

I'm always hype for a Cena match now.

Zach

Christ almighty.

I guess? I mean I still don't want to cheer the dude or watch his promos, but I watch his matches now, where I would always skip them before. His big match ring work these days is top notch.

Definitely agree and I think hes one of the few guys on the roster who can make any match feel like a big match. Like his feud with KO had a big match feeling and it was only for the US title.

Punk was the fucking man. Fuck Vince for putting that druggy shit Roman in the main event of Mania for 2 years, but not being willing to put the guy who got your shitty fucking company main stream attention. Positive attention, not the attention you because one of your former employees drugged himself to death because he wanted to get a push or a paycheck. Punk was a once in a lifetime talent, and as much as I love KO, Sami, AJ, or Seth, none of them are remotely close to Punk's level. I hope he does good in UFC. He probably won't, but I really hope he does.

While I think KO and AJ are both > Punk, he certainly gets a tough rap these days. I wasn't watching over the last couple of years of his run (got back into it right around when he left when the network launched). I'm not surprised to hear that they were mostly poor though, as I know people who hate Punk who weren't watching him earlier in his career.

It's a shame he's apparently a horrible person out of the ring because when he was on, he was incredibly good. But hey, thems the breaks. If you refuse to play nice and expect to get by purely on merit, well... you're going to reap what you sow in professional wrestling.

Yeah they ask you to do dumb shit sometimes. But that didn't stop most great talents from getting over. Punk wasn't content with the top belt. I can see how that's a bad look.

But his work for most of his run... was great stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just realized the frighteningly high score Zach gave Spring Stampede 2000.

I consider that to easily be the worst post Nitro era WCW PPV. Pure Teeerassshhh.

Finally saw the Charlotte / Sasha botch that dropped Sasha on her head.

What where they even trying to do? I dont know. Some kind of top rope side walk slam?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
To be fair, Kanyon was a professional stuntman.

If you read up on Kanyon's experience and how smart he was, it's crazy that he didn't become a road agent or a producer for the WWE.

Anth0ny

Anth0ny's official post Summerslam "The Shits" list

-Brock (same damn shitty match every time)
-Heyman (same shitty promo, he thinks he's all that, but he isn't worth a shit)
-Ziggler (can't tell his ass from a hole in the ground)
-Ambrose (I thought he was good, but have come to realize he is really the shits)
-Orton (besides that RKO outta nowhere, isn't worth a shit)
-Roman (can't work worth a shit)
-Bray Wyatt (at this point, a jobber with a spooky promo, and the absolute shits)

Still Good List

-AJ Styles (MVP of the roster at the moment)
-John Cena (dude is great all around, has toned down the goofyness and is willing to put others over)
-Kevin Owens (currently stuck in mid card hell, but super talented and still fun to watch)
-Cesaro (see above)
-Rusev (hard worker, funny and charismatic as hell. the god of making horrible programs work)
-Rollins (might be making his way to the shits list if he does another unsafe powerbomb that looks like shit)
-Balor (a couple more goofy demon appearances and boring matches and he'll make his way to the shits list)

everyone else I don't feel strongly enough to add to a list

Zach

I just realized the frighteningly high score Zach gave Spring Stampede 2000.

I consider that to easily be the worst post Nitro era WCW PPV. Pure Teeerassshhh.
Post-Nitro Era??

Wasn't the first time for Kanyon

giphy.gif
Daaang.

Was your wm 2000 score an attempt at sarcasm too?

It's got three good matches on it yet still got a D. That's pretty damn critical if you ask me.
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Zach

Mahonay hates JBL and feels sorrow for tragic Kanyon. Just two more reasons he's getting my write-in vote for Vice President.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's some absolutely dreadful PPVs before Nitro starts like Bash at the Beach 1995. Most of the Battle Bowl shows. PPVs are largely better during the Nitro era, though there are some absolute turds like Uncensored 1996, Souled Out 1997, a couple of the Russo era shows, the worst being Spring Stampede 2000. Spring Stampede 2000 is like the horror show version of Survivor Series 1998.

Top Bottom