• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Menome

With ten pages (50ppp) of posts in a day, I was expecting some juicy news to have popped up. Instead you're talking about CM Punk. The man never truly left WWE.

The boss of King Of Fighters XIV looks like 3H.

maxresdefault.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Woah woah woah hold on there Mr. Mandingalus, don't get hit in the crossfire. Don't be team Zachalantern.

Zach and I are the New Age Outlaws of this board. They try to get us to feud but at the end of the day we're stuck together.

Also I've always been weirded out by this boards obsession with demonizing WM 2000. It is the worst WWF show that year. It's not great. It's also nowhere near the worst WM. It's not even the worst WM of the Attitude Era!

It's the way that main event ends that sticks in people's craw something fierce.

Zach

Zach and I are the New Age Outlaws of this board. They try to get us to feud but at the end of the day we're stuck together.

Also I've always been weirded out by this boards obsession with demonizing WM 2000. It is the worst WWF show that year. It's not great. It's also nowhere near the worst WM. It's not even the worst WM of the Attitude Era!

It's the way that main event ends that sticks in people's craw something fierce.
As long as I'm not Road Dogg.
I bet you're an awesome da...

*rolls zach up*
1-2-3.

I'll put you over, SomewhatGravy.

Zach

God dang it. This is two PPVs in a row where Flair is wrestling in street clothes. I gotta turn this off for a minute and collect myself.

[slaps chest and bounces off the wall]

Browny

Banned
God dang it. This is two PPVs in a row where Flair is wrestling in street clothes. I gotta turn this off for a minute and collect myself.

[slaps chest and bounces off the wall]

I expect an elbow drop on a jacket.

Not yet. There was a Chuck Palumbo spot. Where Chuck Palumbo ran in afterward and racked The Package. It was his big event debut.
Palumbo - again, another guy that had the look, just needed moving in the right direction. He does some sort of Discovery channel gig now with motorbikes?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I heard the Dudleys are retiring tonight but it's from a suspect source.

Chris Kanyon is a very tragic story. I loved that man very much. He did everything he could.

The Lapsed Fan is really the best podcast I've ever come across. Someone in this thread made a similar point, but it really is like hanging out with a couple buddies and talking wrestling for 6 hours. They absolutely nail the kind of crazy, stupid inside jokes you make with friends.

Aiii

So not worth it
I heard the Dudleys are retiring tonight but it's from a suspect source.

Chris Kanyon is a very tragic story. I loved that man very much. He did everything he could.

Bubba should come out in Henry's retirement suit, turn on D-Von and become Bully Ray for that Demon King feud.

Zach

The Lapsed Fan is really the best podcast I've ever come across. Someone in this thread made a similar point, but it really is like hanging out with a couple buddies and talking wrestling for 6 hours. They absolutely nail the kind of crazy, stupid inside jokes you make with friends.
I've said that before. I don't know if I'm the someone you're referring to, though.

They can be obnoxious or carry on for too long, but what real-life friends don't? It's a fun time if you're not up a butt like NeoGAF Vince McMahon.

(Love you, NVM.)

I've said that before. I don't know if I'm the someone you're referring to, though.

They can be obnoxious or carry on for too long, but what real-life friends don't? It's a fun time if you're not up a butt like NeoGAF Vince McMahon.

(Love you, NVM.)
You certainly could be, and if so, I will retroactively give you credit for it.

I kind of wonder how many people who don't like the lapsed fan started with a more recent episode. They keep getting more and more referential and piling on the inside jokes, so if you didn't start listening to them from the Wrestlemania 1 episode, you're doing it wrong. It's like starting Arrested Development in the middle of the third season.

Zach

You certainly could be, and if so, I will retroactively give you credit for it.

I kind of wonder how many people who don't like the lapsed fan started with a more recent episode. They keep getting more and more referential and piling on the inside jokes, so if you didn't start listening to them from the Wrestlemania 1 episode, you're doing it wrong. It's like starting Arrested Development in the middle of the third season.
I will say that they didn't immediately click for me. I don't remember if it took a full episode or what, but I remember thinking it might not be for me. But they grew on me and now I'm in the middle of the Starrcade Memorial Tour. :D

I'll just quote my lapsed review
So yeah, Lapsed Fan is definitely not for me. Don't need 3 hours of their shitty fans emailing in about the chick they railed 10 years ago, which diva they wanted to do playboy most, and yearning for the era of sexism, followed by 4 hours of the hosts in hysterics over their "jokes". Sorry dudes. Don't get it.

Top Bottom