• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Alexa Bliss already getting magazine covers.

CqeOlmbW8AAn0ws.jpg

Probably the most easily marketable women they had in NXT so I am not that shocked.

Zach

I'll just quote my lapsed review
I don't recall hearing many of your fan email qualms, but I skipped a lot of the WrestleMania retrospective. With as long as each podcast is, though, one can certainly find something not to like. But the good outweighs the bad for me, and nothing beats it while cooking/cleaning/mowing/walking the dog. : )

I don't recall hearing many of your fan email qualms, but I skipped a lot of the WrestleMania retrospective. With as long as each podcast is, though, one can certainly find something not to like. But the good outweighs the bad for me, and nothing beats it while cooking/cleaning/mowing/walking the dog. : )

I listened to the Rumble 2000 review all the way through, just to make sure I wasn't missing out

if you like it more power to you

Hasney

everyone went fucking ham at paige's birthday party

Nah, Eva Marie promotes a brand of supplements, think her husband might own or work for the company? Anyway, looks like they were tainted with some shkt and people gonna get got.

Something has to have gone down to make them test more too, or have a better test. You don't have the only suspension in 3 years be Riccardo Rodriguez for fat burners, then Roman and 10 more after that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still think there should be a Lapsed Fan OT, I know there are members of WWEGAF that enjoy it (folks who show up only during WWE events, not community regulars)

I always thought it would be fun for WWE to have a season break.

Overexposure is one of their bigger problems.

Yeah, even if it were only a short time. Like, I keep remembering Lucha Underground is back in two weeks and I get excited for it because it'll be over a month since I saw them last.

Anth0ny

The Lapsed Fan is really the best podcast I've ever come across. Someone in this thread made a similar point, but it really is like hanging out with a couple buddies and talking wrestling for 6 hours. They absolutely nail the kind of crazy, stupid inside jokes you make with friends.

yup, they're the best. their mitb 2011 review was masterful. nailed what it was like to be lapsed as fuck, yet captured by the MAGIC of that build/match, even if only for one night.

But they actively make a point of how bad the sexism of the Attitude Era is. I... I think you may have gotten worked by Lapsed Vince, friend.

That was from the Fan Emails friend.

Marty Scurll just got announced for the ROH UK tour, betting odds on them booking Ospreay vs Scurll like every other company?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The best kind of wrestling podcast would be one that has someone who has watched a lot of wrestling reviewing it with someone who never watched.

That is where the money is. Not six hour jerkoff groups of impersonating people.

Zach, let's get our better halves together and podcast.

No Question About it/ Solie

It's also always great to hear from Da Meltz. He was at starcade 86!!

The best kind of wrestling podcast would be one that has someone who has watched a lot of wrestling reviewing it with someone who never watched.

That is where the money is. Not six hour jerkoff groups of impersonating people.

You're just salty one of the hosts is so gifted with such an accurate impression of VKM and it isn't you ;)

Zach

They seem to read all of the fan correspondence, even if it's off-color or something they don't agree with. It's kind of nice in a way, especially when they're like "you're a weirdo" to their own listeners. : )

My lady friend has seen enough wrassle to have favorites from yesteryear and today. She's still hilariously naive about it, though. Like, she winces every time someone does a super kick and slaps their thigh. I don't think she gets it, but I'm not going to part the curtain, brother.

MG310

Marty Scurll just got announced for the ROH UK tour, betting odds on them booking Ospreay vs Scurll like every other company?

Night 1 Ospreay vs. Beer City Bruiser
Night 2 Ospreay vs. Silas Young
Night 3 Ospreay teams with Cheeseburger against Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's a good thing Wesley Snipes is as charismatic as he is because oh boy a lot of things in Blade II isn't holding up as well as I originally thought.
Ron Perlman holds up too. I liked it. Original was best, though.

My lady friend has seen enough wrassle to have favorites from yesteryear and today. She's still hilariously naive about it, though. Like, she winces every time someone does a super kick and slaps their thigh. I don't think she gets it, but I'm not going to part the curtain, brother.
Did she happen to catch Lesnar spilling the contents of Orton's head on the mat?

The good thing is that Ospreay is a New Japan talent, so he'll probably beat everyone in ROH while the commentators talk about how cool it is that these stars grace us with their presence in lowly ROH.

Top Bottom