• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Mahonay

Banned
tumblr_nsvc8o9vpj1tl23yuo9_400.gif
Man he really is a god.

Barrage

Mick is 100 percent right. The fans made it about themselves, and shitted up a great match. Because of the look of a belt? Fuck off.

Toki767

I'd say the main issue from Seth's powerbomb into a corner or wall aside from the obvious is that these days he is letting go way too early.

Mick is 100 percent right. The fans made it about themselves, and shitted up a great match. Because of the look of a belt? Fuck off.

How does chanting about a belt make it about themselves? It's very clear they made it about how ugly the belt is. Now Mick and Seth are making it about the fans.

cordy

Banned
Damn near killing Sting...
Damn near killing Cena...
Damn near killing his own career...
Damn near killing Balor...

It's official.

Rollins is the REAL hitman. No wonder Bret is pissed. He saw this.

gun_haver

Surprised at the level of dislike for The Lapsed Fan. It's the one wrestling podcast that doesn't bore or annoy me too much. I can't listen to those weebrain LAW people, and things like how2wrestling are fine but too cutesy for me, lost interest in that schtick after a few eps. OSW is similar to Lapsed Fan but less funny and a bit dumber, seems a bit anti-women too.

I can totally see the point about things like them doing impressions and going off on self-indulgent tangents but honestly those bits hit as often as they miss. It actually makes me laugh sometimes. Sometimes the Vince voice kicks in and Jack has got nothin', but JB doesn't like, prop him up, he gives him shit for it, and then other times it kicks in and he's got something just perfect.

I dunno where the long fan emails talking about women they banged 10 years ago thing comes in - it's really not that kind of thing. I think it's being misrepresented.

Like has been said, they can be obnoxious, but they're fucking wrestling fans, what do you expect. I think they accurately poke fun at the ridiculous nature of this stuff and leave plenty of room to appreciate the good stuff as well while still being entertaining. And I like that they are so fucking long - I can download one episode and juist stick it on my earphones whenever I've got menial labour or walking around to do.

Barrage

How does chanting about a belt make it about themselves? It's very clear they made it about how ugly the belt is. Now Mick and Seth are making it about the fans.

"WE WANT SLATER" when two great wrestlers are working their ass off is self-indulgent trash that has nothing to do with the belt and everything to do with getting their chants off. The belt was an excuse for certain sections of the crowd to verbally masturbate. Ive long said how pathetic CM Punk chants are, but at least the crowd managed to shout that down.

"WE WANT SLATER" when two great wrestlers are working their ass off is self-indulgent trash that has nothing to do with the belt and everything to do with getting their chants off. The belt was an excuse for certain sections of the crowd to verbally masturbate. Ive long said how pathetic CM Punk chants are, but at least the crowd managed to shout that down.
I thought the We Want Slater chants were for Rusev vs Roman.

gun_haver

Also - performers posting to the public to blame them for not enjoying their show is stupid. Bunch of whiners. Get off the tweets ya dummies.

Fairly certain you've got the wrong segment, bruh. That was Rusev/Reigns.

Crowd were into Balor/Rollins by the end.

Fox318

I'm not defending the fans but doesn't this speak to resentment of how the company was run since post 2002?

I mean NXT introduces a new talent on a PPV and fans accept it.

There isn't any brand trust in the WWE espically when fans are used to things like the Reid Flair angle or the confusing nature of a popular talent like Sandow just getting losty in the shuffle.

NXT is HHH making aproduct he thinks fans will like, WWE is Vince making the product he wants. They could have come out with the best belt design of all time and fans may have still rejected it.

Barrage

People defending those fuckhead chants are the same people who heckle at a comedy show because " it makes the show better" and "they should know how to handle it".

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm not defending the fans but doesn't this speak to resentment of how the company was run since post 2002?

There isn't any brand trust in the WWE espically when fans are used to things like the Reid Flair angle or the confusing nature of a popular talent like Sandow just getting losty in the shuffle.

NXT is HHH making aproduct he thinks fans will like, WWE is Vince making the product he wants. They could have come out with the best belt design of all time and fans may have still rejected it.

Then don't buy a ticket to go to a show you won't like.

It's an interesting point. NXT gets the benefit of the doubt in a lot of cases because they've shown willingness to change and shift to figure out what works and what doesn't. WWE has burned fans so much that fans will come down on them immediately once bad shit happens because of how hard it is to get them to change anything.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess no Demon King when I go to RAW. :(

Finn is specifically booked to show up anyways, which suggests to me they don't think its going to keep him out as long as say, Zayn.

Where's Blue? He needs to hear that the real Demon King outlived another indy guy trying to take his throne

Life is temporary. Kane is forever
YOU SEE EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET DOWN AND PRAISE KANE!

He doesn't hurt others, vanilla colby can't even cut the mustard when it's all being handes to him.

gun_haver

People defending those fuckhead chants are the same people who heckle at a comedy show because " it makes the show better" and "they should know how to handle it".

No they aren't cos comedy isn't a participatory format while WWE's style of wrestling 100% requires crowd participation to function effectively. You want them to make noise, cool. You want to them make noise that helps tell your story, then you better be good at manipulating them.

Obviously the crowd didn't give enough of a shit about Balor/Rollins, so they wound up chanting some nonsense. Sure they're all dumb assholes but you can't blame the fucking fans, they came to enjoy the show and do it the right way - which they did almost the entire night. It isn't like they were chanting for puppies during the women's match or something. I don't care what the belt looks like really, but I guess enough of the audience had stronger feelings about that than the match in those moments.

We can sit here and criticise them but it seems pretty lame for the performers to do that.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Still watching through Summerslam unspoiled. Not surprised the Miz retained, Crews is just not ready for this level.

Anyways, was it just me, or did Cena and AJ seem not to gel as well early in their match? This improved though, and the atmosphere during the match was of course great, and alot of the spots, the psychology and story-telling too. AJ is just on another level with alot of the stuff he does, such a deserved victory and a GREAT MOMENT when he won. Awesome match!

Jericho and Brock got into a SHOOT

The ending of the Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar match, which went pretty much as planned, led to a verbal and somewhat physical confrontation between Lesnar and Chris Jericho last night.

According to multiple sources, Jericho came to the Gorilla position just as the match ended, apparently to see if Orton was okay and what exactly happened. He asked Michael Hayes what the finish was, or was that the finish, and Hayes wouldn't answer him, at which point he said, "That's bullshit."

He said that just as Lesnar came out, and Lesnar thought he was talking about his match, and called Jericho a pussy according to one version, or to shut up according to another, and mind his own business. The two got face-to-face and started exchanging words, with one version saying they were shouting. Lesnar pushed Jericho with his fingers and Jericho did what was described as the "Rousey-Tate" forehead press.

They got tangled up against the wall and Lesnar told Jericho to punch him or kiss him. Paul Levesque jumped in quickly and broke it up. It was heated enough that they were back at it and this time Vince McMahon broke it up and Jericho started yelling about Lesnar and McMahon told Jericho that it was all a work and be professional. Levesque reportedly told McMahon that Lesnar started it and Jericho was just standing up for himself but there were more words exchanged.

YOU SEE EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET DOWN AND PRAISE KANE!

He doesn't hurt others, vanilla colby can't even cut the mustard when it's all being handes to him.

He even tried to add Kane to the injury pile and hurt himself instead. Karma, god, whatever you want to believe it's clear evil was stopped that day. And Kane, the good, stood tall

Top Bottom