• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Eidan

Watching it again I lol'd at "I'm not here because I'm cute". Yea, I'm sure she'd be just as popular and still would've been involved in storylines wherein she dated 5 top guys within a year if she wasn't cute.
If she was just cute, she wouldn't have been involved in half the angles she's been in. Her point is valid. She is more than just a pretty face, and it shows on the mic and in the ring.

Not only that, but we'll see reactions by Trinity and Nattie, reacting in the Total Divas reality to a promo delivered WWE Universe AJ Lee that was totally kayfabe. But I guess the whole line about "you won't even shake my hand" will be shown before the actual promo. I guess AJ will join the cast as April Mendez, the bad girl, or something. Who knows?

And then the Total Divas reality and WWE Universe reality will clash, creating a temporary rift from Total Divas into the WWE Universe where Nattie, Trinity and April will meet there evil counterparts Natalya, Naomi and AJ (who of course all have beards now, in proper mirror universe fashion) and drama ensues.

It's so meta it makes me really confused and uncomfortable. Like, there are at least three disbeliefs I could be suspending and I don't know which one(s) is/are the right one(s).

Kaladin

I can easily say this last episode of Breaking Bad left me legit shook.....like really legit shook.

Like, you could gif a certain scene in this episode with the words LEGIT SHOOK on it and people would get the term.

Valentus

I dont see AJ losing the title at NoC. In fact, a better idea could be AJ defeating every diva of the show in every PPV and then we can see in Total Divas how the girls cry and make drama about "why AJ is so bad and why we cant beat her" and fighting and blaming each other.

AJ is ultra over now to lose the title.

jmdajr

I can easily say this last episode of Breaking Bad left me legit shook.....like really legit shook.

Like, you could gif a certain scene in this episode with the words LEGIT SHOOK on it and people would get the term.

I didn't get a chance to catch up last night. :\

This made me lol for real. I'm not racist when drunk or sober. I just really hate Konnan. I enjoy I believe every Latino in WCW except for Konnan. Konnan's ethnic background has nothing to do with my hatred of him. You son of a bitch. How dare you.

WOAH
hey

Goddamnit bean breath why must you be so cruel D:

And yeah, the second I heard about AJ's promo I figured it was either the catalyst for season 2 of the show or the continuation. It'll be basically how they introduce her, which is fine.

That show is a hit. You really expect them not to try and introduce more people? It's basically free money too; they're already there!

Aiii

So not worth it
As long as they introduce Big E as AJ's friendzoned lovestruck wannabe boyfriend and he can crack jokes every episode like he does on Twitter, I'm fine with this.

I doubt however AJ will be a big part of the show other than some backstage WWE stuff, just recently she said she tried to stay as far away from the Total Divas cameras as possible. They'll use her as a catalyst for one of the stories and that's it.

As long as they introduce Big E as AJ's friendzoned lovestruck wannabe boyfriend and he can crack jokes every episode like he does on Twitter, I'm fine with this.

I doubt however AJ will be a big part of the show other than some backstage WWE stuff, just recently she said she tried to stay as far away from the Total Divas cameras as possible. They'll use her as a catalyst for one of the stories and that's it.

I doubt they'll go with that for Big E. He'll just be like...hanging out and eating :p

That was probably by design, to be honest. It's basically a given that they would start adding more Divas to the show after how well it did. She's the champ/Big Bad, of course she's going to be there. Not really her choice.

Also, can we stop Q.Qing about the Bellas and whatnot? If you're peeved about them responding to AJ's promo; 1, it's for Total Divas, the show they're stars of, and 2, that's on the producer to turn down that camera's mic. Not them.

At least the Bellas have legitimate characters that they stick to, which is the least I can say for basically all the Divas (until AJ and such), and most of the guys (Looking at you Sheamus, you butt)

jred2k

What if that submission botch a few weeks ago was actually planned as like an "oh shit" moment for Total Divas.

Also, these seasons are gonna need finales, but nothing really big or finale worthy has really happened so far.

Aiii

So not worth it
What if that submission botch a few weeks ago was actually planned as like an "oh shit" moment for Total Divas.

Also, these seasons are gonna need finales, but nothing really big or finale worthy has really happened so far.

The ending of this season is Natalya's wedding, so that's why we get all this Tyson Kidd is a terrible fiance stuff.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Whose ideas was Total Divas? It sounds from some of the reports that it's not liked backstage. Everyone just keeps their mouth shut because it Cena's girl. If those ratings stick then this show could stick around. Especially considering E! doesn't have much else other than a few hit shows. They already asked for more episodes.

Penguin

Whose ideas was Total Divas? It sounds from some of the reports that it's not liked backstage. Everyone just keeps their mouth shut because it Cena's girl. If those ratings stick then this show could stick around. Especially considering E! doesn't have much else other than a few hit shows. They already asked for more episodes.

I think there's always been some apprehension to reality shows/pulling back the curtains too much on wrestling.

People know it's fake, but if you show how much of it is prepared, can sour some people.

That and the Divas come off badly.

jred2k

As much as I know its scripted, it still really bothers me that individual shows can have defined beginnings, middles, and ends. Why are there no two-parters where people stayed pissed at each other for a week and a half instead of only 5 days or something.

jmdajr

Fuck yeah. Can we get him this get up?

Chyler-Lexie-in-Not-Another-Teen-Movie-greys-anatomy-3308975-290-243_zpsc960c99f.jpg

As much as I know its scripted, it still really bothers me that individual shows can have defined beginnings, middles, and ends. Why are there no two-parters where people stayed pissed at each other for a week and a half instead of only 5 days or something.

What is this, the first season of Justice League?!

As far as Total Divas, they already brought in 4 people for it, right? Bellas came back (I think they were the tipping point between it getting made or not), then the other two for the rookie aspect, I guess. I think they're probably in it for the long haul.

I thought this was a wrestling thread where we came to talk WRESTLING. Not about some dumb scripted show where all the drama is fake, all the "feuds" are staged for the entertainment of plebs, and everything is so meta and back asswards you can't tell what's going on, or if anyone but a monkey could write it.

So let's get back to talkin' bout wrestling, not that other garbage I just described.

Aiii

So not worth it
I thought this was a wrestling thread where we came to talk WRESTLING. Not about some dumb scripted show where all the drama is fake, all the "feuds" are staged for the entertainment of plebs, and everything is so meta and back asswards you can't tell what's going on, or if anyone but a monkey could write it.

So let's get back to talkin' bout wrestling, not that other garbage I just described.

But you hate pretty much every piece of regular wrestling as well, so why do you care if you get worked up about a worked reality show instead of a worked pro-wrestling show?

jmdajr

So meta

Dude, I was doing that speech before you even joined here. Welcome to my world.

I would go:

Orton vs Bryan at NOC, Battlegrounds and HIAC with all three being a screwjob or DQ finish, with Hell In A Cell being the big screwjob that finally pushes Vince to recognize that Triple H is pushing it too far. Survivor Series is Team Orton vs Team Bryan for Bryan earning one more shot at TLC. Bryan looses at TLC due to shenanigans because everything is legal at TLC. Bryan enters the Rumble at #1 and goes through all 30 guys to win the Rumble. Final entrant will be Cena, and him and Bryan will be the last two. Also at the Rumble, we'll get Triple H vs Randy Orton because Triple H has realized that he can't get the job done. Triple H wins the belt at the Rumble. Elimination Chamber comes around and instead of the usual title match and #1 Contender match, both ECs will be #1 contender matches with Bryan's shot on the line (another win building momentum to Mania for Bryan). Triple H vs Bryan main event at Mania w/ Bryan's big moment and also proving to Triple H himself that he is championship material.
About 24 hours late, but I would have Bryan again briefly win the title at TLC, only to have HHH abuse his power by hitting another pedigree and making himself champ and forcing the ref to count it. It would be a huge abuse of power, allow Bryan to get a win against Orton, and give Vince reason to come back to put Bryan back in the Rumble after HHH bans him for failing a wellness test... lacking the required amount of meat in his system.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All I want to do is go home and play more FFXIV. It sure has changed since 1.0 that I had bought.

Ithil

Watching it again I lol'd at "I'm not here because I'm cute". Yea, I'm sure she'd be just as popular and still would've been involved in storylines wherein she dated 5 top guys within a year if she wasn't cute.
Eh. There's lots of cute girls, they don't all consistently get screentime as she does. She obviously has more to offer than just being cute.

The rumour is the Bellas pitched the idea to E!, just as featuring them. Then when that wasn't enough, they went and came back to WWE to pitch it to both WWE and E! as featuring the Divas, with them starring.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I forget. Durandal? It's my old chara from 1.0. I wouldn't mind making a new one but I think I gotta pay dollas for it.

Yeah, no biggie. Just curious.

Having fun as well. Starting to fall behind everyone else though =/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also holy fuck the 2DS is going to sell like hotcakes at 129.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Little kids give no fucks about how ugly the system is, that shit is going to sell like wild.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DS sized screens, no 3D, mono speaker, otherwise functions just like a real 3DS (Streetpass, sleep mode, 3DS/DS games, regular internet/app features.)

The 09/05, 09/14 & 09/29 New Japan shows have all gone up for pre-order over at;

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw

The 09/05 Korakuen Hall show is priced at $10, while the 09/14 Korakuen show is $15 and the 09/29 Kobe World Hall show is $25 - here's the cards;

NJPW, "ROAD TO DESTRUCTION", 2013.09.05
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

01. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) vs Yohei Komatsu & Sho Tanaka
02. Yuji Nagata & Takaaki Watanabe vs CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI & Takashi Iizuka)
03. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Manabu Nakanishi vs BULLET CLUB( Karl Anderson, Tama Tonga & Rey Bucanero)
04. Togi Makabe & Captain New Japan vs BULLET CLUB (Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale)
05. CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & Jado) vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Shelton 'X' Benjamin, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
06. Satoshi Kojima, Tetsuya Naito, Tomoaki Honma & BUSHI vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Masato Tanaka, Yujiro Takahashi & Gedo)

NJPW, "ROAD TO DESTRUCTION", 2013.09.14
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

01. Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & Taichi) vs Yohei Komatsu & Sho Tanaka
02. Tiger Mask & BUSHI vs Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)
03. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Takaaki Watanabe vs CHAOS (Yujiro Takahashi, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)
04. Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma & Captain New Japan vs BULLET CLUB (Prince Devitt, Karl Anderson & Bad Luck Fale)
05. Special Tag Match: CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Toru Yano) vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Shelton 'X' Benjamin)
06. CMLL World Tag Titles: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin 'Thunder' Liger (c) vs BULLET CLUB (Tama Tonga & Rey Bucanero)
07. Special Tag Match: Satoshi Kojima & Tetsuya Naito vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Masato Tanaka)

NJPW, "DESTRUCTION", 2013.09.29
Kobe World Hall

. Toru Yano vs Minoru Suzuki
. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Prince Devitt
. G1 Title Shot & NEVER Openweight Title Match: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Masato Tanaka (c)
. IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Shelton 'X' Benjamin
. IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Satoshi Kojima

I'll probably be getting all 3, although the first Korakuen show looks a bit weak on paper. I'm sure both those elimination tags will be fun, though. The Korakuen main event on the 14th looks cracking as well, really looking forward to that one, and Okada vs Kojima, obviously.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The 09/05, 09/14 & 09/29 New Japan shows have all gone up for pre-order over at;

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw

I'll probably be getting all 3, although the first Korakuen show looks a bit weak on paper. I'm sure both those elimination tags will be fun, though. The Korakuen main event on the 14th looks cracking as well, really looking forward to that one, and Okada vs Kojima, obviously.

I'm getting all 3. I'm excited for more NJPW. Like REALLY excited. I don't give a goddamn what the card looks like. After ODing on the G1 I found myself needing more. So here's what I wanted.

Boots what did you think of Gredo's entrance?

Top Bottom