• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Wagram

Blows my mind that they think losses don't matter. Sasha looks like a joke when she holds the belt and it has absolutely nothing to do with her.

I will never understand why they give the title to Sasha Banks at all. They make her look like a joke with all these 2-4 weeks title reigns.

Pretty clear Bayley was supposed to get the belt at Summerslam, and then Sasha would turn and go for the belt

Bayley getting hurt screwed that up. At least this way they still get to do a turn. And hey, Nia gets a title reign! As a face!

I just want it to be known that even with the women IN THE MAIN EVENT, they could not bother to have the commentators mention the Mae Young Classic.

Pretty clear Bayley was supposed to get the belt at Summerslam, and then Sasha would turn and go for the belt

Bayley getting hurt screwed that up. At least this way they still get to do a turn. And hey, Nia gets a title reign! As a face!

Nope. Meltzer said he was told that the plan was for Bayley to lose.

I don't know if that segment was supposed to be a babyface turn for Nia or Alexa.

And I bet WWE doesn't either.

At least Asuka is protected to the moon. If she debuts on Raw, they're all fucked.

Asuka will be protected at the beginning. But whenever Vince gets bored of his new toy.... look out.

Jerm411

Watching this Cena/Roman segment...Cena refers to Taker as a "battered veteran at the end of his career with a bad hip".....well alrighty.

I see it being a 3 way at No Mercy and Alexa wins and Asuka debuts on the pay per view and then wins the title in Oct.

Asuka's first appearance is supposed to be at the October PPV.

I could see Kurt announcing the night after No Mercy that Asuka will debut in a title match at TLC (the October show), then we get weeks of promos and vignettes hyping her up.

I haven't watched WWE in months, but I just watched that Cena/Reigns promo and I'm surprised at how... exciting it was? Even Reigns managed to score a few good lines. I just don't get who WWE thinks is supposed to be the face and the heel in this.

Pikma

Banned
I just want it to be known that even with the women IN THE MAIN EVENT, they could not bother to have the commentators mention the Mae Young Classic.

Nope. Meltzer said he was told that the plan was for Bayley to lose.
Vince didn't work on it, remember this is a company run by complete egomaniacs

Did JR just reference that Abbey Laith was the Chikara Grand Champion?

Never thought I'd see the day Chikara gets a shout-out on WWE TV.

Watched the first episode before Raw.

Not a result spoiler but still tag it just in case:
Lower your expectations

I thought it was fine! But I like a touch of MMA in my pro graps.

somedevil

Asuka's first appearance is supposed to be at the October PPV.

I could see Kurt announcing the night after No Mercy that Asuka will debut in a title match at TLC (the October show), then we get weeks of promos and vignettes hyping her up.

They could build her first match at October PPV and she could still appear on segments.

Blows my mind that they think losses don't matter. Sasha looks like a joke when she holds the belt and it has absolutely nothing to do with her.

They clearly do think wins/losses matter. Look at how they book Roman and Cena. Whenever somebody suggests that they don't it's just to justify the WWE pushing people they like whilst never giving other wrestlers a chance.

Bliss is a terrible character. I hope they make her play a Bayley level face character so we can see if she has legit promo chops or not.

We keep telling you not to get invested until Vince is dead.

Same, but also until HHH and Steph are gone

I wonder how 2040 WrassleGAF will react when HHH books himself to win the belt. Idk for sure but my ghost will haunt the place if I see youngins lying about how "better than Vince" it is tho

Did JR just reference that Abbey Laith was the Chikara Grand Champion?

Never thought I'd see the day Chikara gets a shout-out on WWE TV.

I thought it was fine! But I like a touch of MMA in my pro graps.

Dude, when Piper Niven comes out, JR name drops ITV World of Sport. That's an even bigger drop.

JohnDrake

That seemed more like a heel-heel turn. I also doubt she will get a title reign with Asuka coming.
I don't know if that segment was supposed to be a babyface turn for Nia or Alexa.

And I bet WWE doesn't either.
Of course they don't 😂

I think Alexa will play the face even if after this feud she will probably go back to being a heel.

They clearly do think wins/losses matter. Look at how they book Roman and Cena. Whenever somebody suggests that they don't it's just to justify the WWE pushing people they like whilst never giving other wrestlers a chance.
Didn't you watch that promo

It's not the bookers, it's the fans

Same, but also until HHH and Steph are gone

I wonder how 2040 WrassleGAF will react when HHH books himself to win the belt. Idk for sure but my ghost will haunt the place if I see youngins lying about how "better than Vince" it is tho

I don't know how WWE will be under Triple H. I think it'll be better, but I'm not 100% obviously.

But it can't possibly be worse.

Abbey Laith made Jazzy Gabbert look like a million bucks. That was really good.

JR busting out a "Lariato" in honor of our very own Boots.

DMczaf

WCW sacrificed itself so that its fans could liiive!

mreddie

Roman got bodied by Cena, people forget Cena is good with promos and this feud is gonna rocket up Roman to new...LOLCENAWINS.

Zach

OwensIsNow, some jerk with the username Com Truise stole your avatar like a nief in the thight! I thought you had changed to something other than Zaju and I was sad.

Top Bottom