• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Here's the unedited version of the the Cena/Roman promo, check it before WWE lawyers nail it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=7MWgsYkJabA

Assert+your+dominance_2c87a8_5173586.gif

JohnDrake

Who in their right mind would book a Nia/Alexa feud? I actually mostly enjoy WWE programming, but goddamn sometimes they really go full retard. What is the interest of that feud?!

ith Reigns, it's different. Cena said the fans go back-and-forth with Reigns because when they look at him they see what Cena sees in Reigns: a cheap ass, corporately created, John Cena bootleg. Fans started chanting "yes." Cena said Reigns wasn't "the guy," he was "a guy" trying desparately to fill shoes he can never fill. Cena said he wasn't the Undertaker, a battered veteran at the end of his career with a bad hip. Cena said he was the fastest, strongest and hungriest that he's been in his entire life. Cena said Reigns won't sign that contract because if Regins does, then Reigns' Roman Empire will...a Cena dropped the microphone. That was a hell of a promo by Cena and it wasn't lost on the crowd, some of whom chanted his name even though Cena was redefining "a subtle heel."

Cena said Reigns is a fool. There's an old saying that it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool instead of opening it and removing all doubt. Cena said Reigns, if all people, used the same, pathetic excuse that every other person has done. Cena said Reigns had the gall to blame him. Cena said it took Reigns five years to cut a half-decent promo but now he was going to shrink him down to size.

Cena said everybody in the back thinks he's got this mystical golden shovel, these magical powers to control everyone's fate. It was really the fans who held the keys, they always have and always will. Cena said he's heard what Reigns has said for ten years. Cena said Reigns believes that he holds everybody down. Cena said he hasn't main evented WrestleMania in five years, he was the opening match at SummerSlam, and held the U.S. Championship to give younger stars a chance like Kevin Owens and A.J. Styles. Reigns took the U.S. Championship as a demotion. Reigns blames Cena, but Cena blames Reigns because he's still here because Reigns can't do his job. When it comes to this yard, there's only one rule: step up or stand aside. And over the years, there's been a few to step up, but not one to keep up. Then Cena heard about Reigns, the one who could possibly keep up, but Cena listens to Reigns. Cena said Reigns should be ashamed Cena is a part-time, because Cena can do this better part-time better than Reigns could ever do it full-time. Cena was in a league all of his own in this segment.

Cena made the "You can't see me" motion and fans started chanted his name. Oh yes, there were contracts in the ring. Reigns signed the contract. Then Reigns flipped the table over.

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Pikma

Banned
Remember that time Vince wanted to push Dana Brooke and she botched a pin save?

Remember that time Vince wanted to push Corbin and he botched a couple tweets?

Remember that time Vince wanted to push Big Ass and he botched a landing and couldn't even finish the match because of how unathletic he is?

All good times

Remember that time Vince wanted to push Dana Brooke and she botched a pin save?

Remember that time Vince wanted to push Corbin and he botched a couple tweets?

Remember that time Vince wanted to push Big Ass and he botched a landing and couldn't even finish the match because of how unathletic he is?

All good times

It's almost as if Vince makes shitty picks.

Toki767

It's kind of amazing that, in a the build to the first ever Reigns/Cena match, they give Reigns lines that they give virtually every indie person. Except Reigns isn't an indie person saying this so fans aren't cheering anything he says.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It still boggles the mind that this is for the next PPV and not, you know...Summerslam or Royal Rumble or even Wrestlemania.

Someone so succinctly pointed out why none of Raw's babyface women get over.

In the Bayley feud, Alexa said Bayley sucked and wasn't hardcore enough to use the kendo stick. Guess what happened? Bayley sucked and wasn't hardcore enough to use the kendo stick!

In this Sasha feud, Alexa said tonight that Sasha was a loser who could never defend a title. And guess what? Sasha was a loser who could never defend a title!

All your babyfaces are losers!

It's kind of amazing that, in a the build to the first ever Reigns/Cena match, they give Reigns lines that they give virtually every indie person. Except Reigns isn't an indie person saying this so fans aren't cheering anything he says.

Because with Indie guys, the crowd wants them to win but knows they won't. With Roman, the crowd wants him to lose but knows he won't.

cordy

Banned
I've been watching that Reigns burial for the past 45 minutes just pausing and rewinding on dude's expressions, even Angle's. Lord. You know the company thought dude could hang with Cena but they found out the hard way.

Toki767

I've been watching that Reigns burial for the past 45 minutes just pausing and rewinding on dude's expressions, even Angle's. Lord. You know the company thought dude could hang with Cena but they found out the hard way.

He looks like he was trying his hardest to not be in tears at the end of Cena's promo. Which resulted in the blankest face I've ever seen. He wasn't mad or anything.

The fans are the gatekeepers brother

Cena's not holding anybody down

Golden shovels

Shovel your way out of the shit

Okay, I stayed up a little later to watch it. I wish I didn't.

It's like they both went out of their way to justify why each other were shit and their defence against it was to follow through with doing the thing they were being accused of.

Top Bottom