• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Yeah, it's called being buried.

Bayley is only 'buried' because she allowed it to happen. By exposed I mean that she's someone who excelled in NXT, but when given a weekly spot she wasn't able to pull it together. She was fine in the ring and fans wanted to buy into her, but she really dropped the ball on promos.

Charlotte faltered a lot too when she came up and improved, same with Sasha & Alexa. Good performers overcome this stuff

Bayley: *says multiple times since immediately after call-up that she really really misses NXT and wants to go back*
WWE Fans: "they want to be there :'[ how dare you blame them"

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
They figured out how to use her just fine in NXT.

no they didn't. Bayley in NXT was a politically correct Eugene. She rode the wave BFFs/Paige/Natty/ created. She was a complete jobber and looked like a joke character when AJ was down there. She did a promo when she hurt her knee about how she watched Triple H's King of Kings dvd and spit water out.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Bayley was god at the first NXT Brookyln. She was the defining face of NXT as it turned into an actual third, touring brand. Part of arguably the best, most iconic feud in NXT history and most certainly the best women's feud ever in WWE. A legitimate draw, a big merch mover and a person fans showed up to arenas to cheer on.

She has something. What that something is, well clearly the structure and processes involved in main roster creative cannot find or take advantage of.

A sad story, but not surprising.
anigif_enhanced-32261-1411603209-13.gif

Bayley is only 'buried' because she allowed it to happen. By exposed I mean that she's someone who excelled in NXT, but when given a weekly spot she wasn't able to pull it together. She was fine in the ring and fans wanted to buy into her, but she really dropped the ball on promos.

Charlotte faltered a lot too when she came up and improved, same with Sasha & Alexa. Good performers overcome this stuff

I don't understand this bizarre mentality from people that Sasha is actually doing better on the main roster than she was in NXT. What are people seeing that I don't?

Charlotte improved, Alexa improved, Becky improved (but has no chances to show it). Sasha and Bayley? Nah. They're both the equivalent of great college players that can't quite make it on the next level. Whether that's their fault or not is another thing, but saying Bayley is ruined and going "Sasha's doing good" is absolutely nuts.

Heroman

Banned

Sahsa and Charlotte never had a this is your life segment or we're booked as geeks each week on TV. At the end of the day no Talent can save themselves bad looking.

Mahonay

Banned
no they didn't. Bayley in NXT was a politically correct Eugene. She rode the wave BFFs/Paige/Natty/ created. She was a complete jobber and looked like a joke character when AJ was down there. She did a promo when she hurt her knee about how she watched Triple H's King of Kings dvd and spit water out.
All I know is that Bayley/Sasha match at the first Brooklyn TakeOver is one of my top 5 matches since I started watching again.

They told an amazing story building up to it. It didn't just magically get over.

Heroman

Banned
Remember that segment on raw where Stephanie said bayley didn't deserve the title for some reason and Bayley basically agree men almost gave the title back but didn't? Cause that not what a baby face should.

You get the difference right? Charlotte faltered a lot but was always given victories and strong promo moments to put herself over even when it didn't make sense and got chance after chance even when she floundered big moments e.g. her women's revolution promo after mania.

Bayley was made to look weak in matches and the promo material she was given was dire. From Steph telling her she didn't deserve the belt and shouldn't keep it, to the creepy Corey interview that made no sense.

Also Sasha hasn't been given much better and Alexa hasn't overcome anything. Alexa's always been booked strong and always gets time to put down her opponents which they can't respond to e.g. "You're too much of a coward to hit me with a kendo stick!" or "You always lose your first defence, you're nothing"

Bronx-Man

Banned
How many here would say Vince's booking and writing of promos is crippling Roman's ability to get over but it's Bayley's fault that she's buried

Heroman

Banned
How many here would say Vince's booking and writing of promos is crippling Roman's ability to get over but it's Bayley's fault that she's buried
Roman is/ was getting booked great ,Bayley nevr was. And booking and promo isn't the reason why Roman didn't get over.

klonere

Banned
Remember when Bayley suggested a Kendo stick match and than refused to use a kendo stick?

member when uber friendly babyface Bayley eagerly took part in a group beatdown on somebody who I can't remember because I've only seen the gif?

That was stupid.

I've only been to one but it was a good time.

It's generally a really awesome time, I'd recommend going to one of their Berwyn or Logan Square shows

They throw a lot of them at Bourbon St, while it's a nice place it takes place in the back room of a banquet hall place, room is too big for my taste (also the crowd generally seems shittier than others)

Berwyn is my favorite place, it's like seeing wrasslin in a log cabin. Though it's not really in the city. Logan Square would be best for that

Cool. Thanks for the info. I feel like AAW is the PWG of the midwest.

Cosmozone

The only thing more annoying than the Cena/Reigns promo is how successful they were to get everybody talking about it, ugh. Awful pandering to the IWC and it works. For getting attention that means, not for making sense. The sooner Cena is gone forever, the better. And he can take Reigns with him while he's at it (exaggeration).

Don't mind the Nia/Alexa thing. At least it's a new matchup. The match will be bad, but it's not that all the other women's matches were particularly good recently. And that Emma storyline is so bad. And she even loses when she wins. Screw this theme song change.

MC Safety

They figured out how to use her just fine in NXT.

NXT is not the same as WWE. You can't compare the two except in huge, broad strokes.

Plenty of minor leaguers thrive until they fail in the majors.

Bayley has done nothing to adapt, and she's gotten worse at promotionals. At times, she's barely even phoning it in.

This is utter bullshit. She came across as a likeable wrestler, who loved the industry she's in and was a genuinely good person. Her whole NXT arc was about her going from a fangirl jobber to achieving the same level of success as the women she idolised whilst not forgetting who she was. Sasha went from a nerd to the legit boss. Becky went from talent under the radar to getting to show she'd been working all her life to get her spot.

None of the women in the main shows have any of the build the women in NXT get. Alexa just makes everything worse because her whole character only works because of the promos and booking she's been given and makes everybody else look terrible.

Roman is/ was getting booked great Bayley was. And booking and promo isn't the reason why Roman didn't get over.

Well Kendo sticks are super scary next to performing top rope poisoned ranas.

klonere

Banned

wow what a fucking terrible post

Bronx-Man

Banned
I just can't get behind this mindset that almost everyone that's been buried has been unfairly treated but everything that's happened to her is all her fault.

She's a damn talented wrestler. She's shown she can connect with fans and get crowds behind her. Fought in a WWE MOTY two years ago. I love guys Rusev or Balor, but can you think of a match either of those two have had in WWE that's been talked about like Sasha/Bayley at Brooklyn?

We gotta dispel this fictional narrative that Bayley failed WWE. WWE failed Bayley.

Draxal

I just can't get behind this mindset that almost everyone that's been buried has been unfairly treated but everything that's happened to her is all her fault.

She's a damn talented wrestler. She's shown she can connect with fans and get crowds behind her. Fought in a WWE MOTY two years ago. I love guys Rusev or Balor, but can you think of a match either of those two have had in WWE that's been talked about like Sasha/Bayley at Brooklyn?

We gotta dispel this fictional narrative that Bayley failed WWE. WWE failed Bayley.

I think Seph has to book a survivor series match about Bayley.

RAW talk is all the proof you need.

Fox318

She had an entire arena in tears crying for her.

This is utter bullshit. She came across as a likeable wrestler, who loved the industry she's in and was a genuinely good person. Her whole NXT arc was about her going from a fangirl jobber to achieving the same level of success as the women she idolised whilst not forgetting who she was. Sasha went from a nerd to the legit boss. Becky went from talent under the radar to getting to show she'd been working all her life to get her spot.

None of the women in the main shows have any of the build the women in NXT get. Alexa just makes everything worse because her whole character only works because of the promos and booking she's been given and makes everybody else look terrible.

I like how you say Bayley isn't over because of creative but Bliss only works because of creative.

You can't have it both ways

Cagey

Banned

By the time she arrived on national television, among her fans in the audience, that story ended and she achieved legitimacy. That story got told on WWE programming under the WWE imprint, not an armory in Yonkers. There's nothing left to tell. Her fanbase would not have accepted Bayley getting dropped to the bottom, presented as a joke who needed to show her value, without cries of her getting "buried."

NXT is not the same as WWE. You can't compare the two except in huge, broad strokes.

Plenty of minor leaguers thrive until they fail in the majors.

Bayley has done nothing to adapt, and she's gotten worse at promotionals. At times, she's barely even phoning it in.

She's the Dean Ambrose that the audience turned on. A shame the male performer gets a free pass.

klonere

Banned
I like how you say Bayley isn't over because of creative but Bliss only works because of creative.

You can't have it both ways

Bliss character is an archetype that WWE has been presenting for well for well over a decade. She does well, but the role she fills has been done before, many times.

They have never, ever successfully had a female performer on the main roster like Bayley. They are incapable of having one.

I dare say without radical change, they will never have one.

Has Enzo Amore ever wrestled a halfway decent match

Has Main Roster Bayley?

Not the NXT version of Bayley, but the version that had matches featuring that bad Mania fatal four way, the bad kendo stick pole, the roll on Charlotte, the dance until Nia knocks her out, etc

ed: I'm just saying if we're going to keep fondly remembering the highlights that were years (plural) ago, which people are clearly doing here, where's people saying "Dolph should still get fair chances, remember Survivor Series and the Del Rio double turn?" or "Keep KENTA around for years, remember 2011 when he didn't get hurt?"

AlexTrevelyan

Neo Member
What a shocker, bayley loses relentlessly and acts like a heel at times, crowd turns on her completely. Sasha loses all the time, crowd treats her with apathy. Now for some reason we're going to be subjected to Nia vs Alexa, all I hope for coming out of this feud is Alexa doesn't end up seriously injured like most of the women that work with Nia.

How would this be better than Sasha vs Emma in a world where they're not being killed by booking? Brutal.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Has Main Roster Bayley?

Not the NXT version of Bayley, but the version that had matches featuring that bad Mania fatal four way, the bad kendo stick pole, the roll on Charlotte, the dance until Nia knocks her out, etc

ed: I'm just saying if we're going to keep fondly remembering the highlights that were years (plural) ago, which people are clearly doing here, where's people saying "Dolph should still get fair chances, remember Survivor Series and the Del Rio double turn?" or "Keep KENTA around for years, remember 2011 when he didn't get hurt?"
anigif_enhanced-32261-1411603209-13.gif

I just wanna go back to better days, fam

Top Bottom