• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

tumblr_ogprbaUlXc1u1ljrzo2_500.gif

iconic
Lol. Is that Nikkisawa? Was this for Survivor Series?

You guys are some real weirdos when it comes to Bayley. Some reeeal weirdos.
Not as weird as Bayley fans.

I think Alexa does well in her role but at a certain point yea, it's not helping anyone else

Her character loses nothing by being beaten clean. She's supposed to be a little mean girl jerk

Having her beating people clean is kind of insane. On top of her already making everyone else look like complete garbage on the mic

It'd be interesting if they had a plan like Alexa building herself up and then Charlotte comes back to put her in her place. But I seriously doubt that's happening any time soon

I think Alexa does well in her role but at a certain point yea, it's not helping anyone else

Her character loses nothing by being beaten clean. She's supposed to be a little mean girl jerk

Having her beating people clean is kind of insane. On top of her already making everyone else look like complete garbage on the mic

It'd be interesting if they had a plan like Alexa building herself up and then Charlotte comes back to put her in her place. But I seriously doubt that's happening any time soon
alexa's already jobbed out 3 of the horsewomen

odds are she'd just ddt charlotte for the 1 2 3

Thus, it proves my point: taking her NXT schtick and using it on national television was not going to work because it's been done and hasn't worked.

Your entire point is you ignoring how over she was at the start of her run on the main roster then ignoring how terribly she'd been booked since. If it came down to the audience being exactly like you, would you have cheered for her on her debut?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
WWE has so little logical consistency or character consistency I have to assume it is booked by a senile old man.

He's not senile at all. You have to trust the system.

Remember when Daniel Bryan was put with the Wyatts? I'm 99.999% sure Vince knew about Bryan's concussion issues and put him with Bray to lesser the work load as a tag team. What happens? Fans don't want that to happen..rejected..Daniel Bryan get a concussion during his forced turn in the cage..then in their match at the Rumble, he took a Sister Abigail head first right on the barrier outside..still lost.

Instead of remembering a man taking a move right on his head after having a concussion 2-3 weeks prior, the fans chanted for DB to come out anyway.

Just let Vince do what he wants and either you watch it or don't.

Vader got himself into some trouble in Kuwait this week in a situation very similar to the 1984 incident where wrestler David Schultz slapped reporter John Stossel. Vader was appearing on a TV show called Good Morning Kuwait (along with The Undertaker) when he got into an altercation with the host. Vader and Undertaker were appearing on the live morning show and had been told in advance what the questions would be, including being asked if wrestling was fake. The producer of the show told the wrestlers to "ham it up." When asked if wrestling was fake, Undertaker gave the usual answer; it's entertainment but with real athletes and real injuries, yada yada. Then Vader chimed in and grabbed the host by the tie and went on a tirade about the question being "bullshit" and roughed up the terrified host. Police were called immediately and Vader was arrested for assault and "lascivious conduct" because it's illegal to swear on TV in Kuwait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJf1Bgfzx-U

wtf

Cagey

Banned
Your entire point is you ignoring how over she was at the start of her run on the main roster then ignoring how terribly she'd been booked since. If it came down to the audience being exactly like you, would you have cheered for her on her debut?

Ignoring? No.

As stated multiple times, she arrived on national TV very popular. I remarked I never understood the appeal but I wrote she was "undeniably popular".

As stated multiple times, she's gone from very popular to loathed.

As stated multiple times, other performers have received allegedly bad booking (usually defined as "the person I like isn't winning all the time while the person I don't like is winning"), yet those other performers aren't in a position where the entire audience save for children hate them.

At this point, to bottom out this badly, this is on her. Whether these failings are due to poor performance recently or never having been good in the first place, that's debatable.

Lastly, if the audience were like me, the audience wouldn't have reacted at all to her debut" checked their phones, grabbed some food, chatted with friends, took a quick nap.

But this is enough time wasted on NXT and Bayley while listening to recordings for work.

gun_haver

I haven't really been watching but I gather they still dunno what they hell they're playing at with the women's division. They've got the best women's roster WWE has ever seen by far, and it's just kind of fine, sometimes a decent match here and there, but mostly as pointless and bullshit as the rest of the show.

They've probably killed every one of their chances to really break out and be an exposure-increasing star by this point, even though they are all still likely to have great matches and feuds in the years to come. Sasha could've really been something by this point, with a bit of work on her character so promos were working better, Charlotte was perfect as a dominant heel but they've kind of tossed her to the side, Becky never gets her due, Bayley's apparently been ruined, although I was never as big on her as the others. The four of them should have been focused on exclusively as the main event scene of the women's division, with the rest where they belonged in the b-team to fill in when necessary or do transitional feuds. Alexa is fine but she's never blown anyone away, she's just a kind of good talker. I do think she is given as much as she is because she is Vince's specific idea of what makes a great wwe 'diva', and she has her own merits, but that shit is over and they are wasting the good years of their A team.

Hopefully Asuka coming up can bring some focus back to things. I only watch the odd match here and there now but it's a bummer to stick my head in and see that no, none of these women have really gone anywhere, and in fact they are all in a worse position than when I was watching regularly.

Foggy

Sucks for Ed since he's not the kind of actor that gets guaranteed roles. People got their pound of flesh and will move on and he'll probably be working guest roles on NCIS: Texarkana next year or something. But it's not like it ever pays to do the right thing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why are people overrecting to that promo?

It was a dumb worked shoot that proved nothing other than Roman can't hang with Cena. Not that anyone could - Meltzer was even saying that nobody would be able to hang with Cena when Cena had that kind of material, not even Miz, and Roman was just going to be a disaster.

Draxal

Why are people overrecting to that promo?

It was a dumb worked shoot that proved nothing other than Roman can't hang with Cena. Not that anyone could - Meltzer was even saying that nobody would be able to hang with Cena when Cena had that kind of material, not even Miz, and Roman was just going to be a disaster.

because it was Roman, the new Cena.

if it was done to anybody else nobody would have cared.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
because it was Roman, the new Cena.

if it was done to anybody else nobody would have cared.

Yeah but nobody wins from this promo. It's just going to end with Roman going over again ... to prove Cena right. It's a terrible calculation because Roman looks like a loser when he doesn't beat Cena and he proves Cena was telling the truth about him when he wins. At this rate they might as well have had Roman come out managed by Vince.

Egg0

Banned
Yeah but nobody wins from this promo. It's just going to end with Roman going over again ... to prove Cena right. It's a terrible calculation because Roman looks like a loser when he doesn't beat Cena and he proves Cena was telling the truth about him when he wins. At this rate they might as well have had Roman come out managed by Vince.

That'd be kind of great actually.

Yeah but nobody wins from this promo.

Long-term, of course

Short-term, everyone gets convinced this is real, Reigns really looked like a fool, and fucked up lines, and got punched backstage, and is no longer locker room leader, and also Enzo took his lunch money. They'll think Reigns is the worst (which they already thought) and cheer Cena over him (which they were already doing)

Long-term, of course

Short-term, everyone gets convinced this is real, Reigns really looked like a fool, and fucked up lines, and got punched backstage, and is no longer locker room leader, and also Enzo took his lunch money. They'll think Reigns is the worst (which they already thought) and cheer Cena over him (which they were already doing)
Worked for Orton.

Zach

He's going to come out and take his new gimmick shirt off or whatever it is and go

YOU KNOW WHAT I DONT NEED SOME NEW GIMMICK THAT THE OFFICE GAVE ME BECAUSE IM DOLPH ZIGGLER AND IM DA BEST

I'd put money on it

The ol' "No Gimmicks Needed" Chris Candido treatment, eh?

Draxal

Long-term, of course

wrestlemania will be a bus match and they will have cena throw roman off the bus.

Ignoring? No.

As stated multiple times, she arrived on national TV very popular. I remarked I never understood the appeal but I wrote she was "undeniably popular".

As stated multiple times, she's gone from very popular to loathed.

As stated multiple times, other performers have received allegedly bad booking (usually defined as "the person I like isn't winning all the time while the person I don't like is winning"), yet those other performers aren't in a position where the entire audience save for children hate them.

At this point, to bottom out this badly, this is on her. Whether these failings are due to poor performance recently or never having been good in the first place, that's debatable.

Lastly, if the audience were like me, the audience wouldn't have reacted at all to her debut" checked their phones, grabbed some food, chatted with friends, took a quick nap.

But this is enough time wasted on NXT and Bayley while listening to recordings for work.

Honestly, I'm tired responding to you because you continue to ignore the reactions she was getting before she was booked like shit and are acting like the win/loss record is peoples issue with the booking. Give me a face that's been booked half as Bayley and got over? A face that whinges, attacks people in the back, beats people down, cries to the office, doesn't deny going on dates with her dad, says they can use a kendo stick then doesn't, is best friends with her biggest rival for no apparent reason, and admits that they have things they don't deserve and don't give them back.

Because a guy like Roman has been booked as the hottest shit for the past 3 years and has fucked up spectacularly. But clearly Bayley's the one that can never connect with the audience.

Top Bottom