• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, worked shoot stuff is part of modern wrestling. You don't need Cena to literally say "heel turn."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And I'm not that big of a hater on Roman's promo skills - they're pretty average across the roster but exaggerated due to his place on the card but I don't know what they were thinking having Cena both bury him on promos but then also explicitly call out that they were burying him on promos.

I mean, worked shoot stuff is part of modern wrestling. You don't need Cena to literally say "heel turn."
Worked shoot is basically Cena's gimmick now. Ever since his return last year pretty much every feud has involved him doing the same 'his opponent shoots on him but then Cena gets the last word with a more brutal shoot' thing.

joe getting injured is great honestly

joe saw the garbage cena burial I"M A SHOOTER NOW INTERNET LOVE ME and Joe said 'whoops knee hurts'

PWInsider confirmed this time yesterday Joe/Cena was penciled in for Raw and suddenly Joe can't compete. smh

do the job, joe. You can't escape it forever

Angry Grimace

Worked shoot is basically Cena's gimmick now. Ever since his return last year pretty much every feud has involved him doing the same 'his opponent shoots on him but then Cena gets the last word with a more brutal shoot' thing.

I mean, in all honesty I didn't hate it overall, it was just the 10 seconds of Roman forgetting his line and Cena bitching him out for not being able to cut a promo. Cena shoot buried a top guy for legitimately botching; you're not supposed to be calling that out unless you actually want "legitimately botches promo work" to be one of Reigns's gimmick. That line was probably off-the-cuff but also a pretty terrible idea imo.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
You know who wasn't all that impressive in the round 1 of the MYC?

Shayna Baszler.

Feel like she didn't do much of anything and most of the match was spent talking about how she was friends with Ronda Rousey.

So exactly like her MMA career.

Punk was like the only guy allowed to get the last word with Cena.

I mean, in all honesty I didn't hate it overall, it was just the 10 seconds of Roman forgetting his line and Cena bitching him out for not being able to cut a promo. Cena shoot buried a top guy for legitimately botching; you're not supposed to be calling that out unless you actually want "legitimately botches promo work" to be one of Reigns's gimmick. That line was probably off-the-cuff but also a pretty terrible idea imo.
I meant it in general. The AJ and Miz feuds had AJ and Miz make legit points about Cena that were work shoots, and then Cena got the last word of the promo to get the crowd going from cheering the heel to cheering him by making fun of them with work shoots too. Taking out Roman forgetting his lines, that's pretty much what happened last night too. It's something that isn't going to go away I assume for future Cena feuds.

Bronx-Man

Banned
joe getting injured is great honestly

joe saw the garbage cena burial I"M A SHOOTER NOW INTERNET LOVE ME and Joe said 'whoops knee hurts'

Cena has a list and Joe's name is in red underline.

Joe going to a bomb shelter won't save him.

PWInsider confirmed this time yesterday Joe/Cena was penciled in for Raw and suddenly Joe can't compete. smh

do the job, joe. You can't escape it forever
The bill comes due, Joe.

Zach

j8xsR1n.gif

YOOOOOO we did it fam!!!!!

@luchablog
Dr. Wagner & Psycho Clown, airing on a slight delay, got a 22.8 rating in Mexico.
McGregor & Mayweather got a 19.9.

Angry Grimace

Punk was like the only guy allowed to get the last word with Cena.

I meant it in general. The AJ and Miz feuds had AJ and Miz make legit points about Cena that were work shoots, and then Cena got the last word of the promo to get the crowd going from cheering the heel to cheering him by making fun of them with work shoots too. Taking out Roman forgetting his lines, that's pretty much what happened last night too. It's something that isn't going to go away I assume for future Cena feuds.

I mean, the problem is that Cena burying Roman for botching the promo isn't worked shoot, its just actually shooting on him (whether it was the intent or not). I mean, I don't know which parts were scripted and which weren't but it would be very bizarre for Vince to greenlight a promo segment that intentionally has his big up and coming star botching the promo and then Cena burying for it even amidst all the other shooting Cena was doing. Either way that specific line was dumb.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
One thing I'm really enjoying about the MYC is all the different styles being presented. A lot of the girls may be green, but I see potential in most of them. I actually liked the Shayna match because it was more of a MMA style fight, which was a cool change. The Brazilian wrestler (Taynara Conti) did some judo stuff, Xia Li had some good kicking offense.

Not much else to say that hasn't already been said. Props to Dakota Kai for making Kavita look like a monster. And fuck whoever edited Kairi's elbow drop. It's a beautiful move that needs to be one continuous shot for maximum effect.

Pikma

Banned
My free 3 months expired and I'm not going to give Trump any money sooo bye bye network

Too bad I didn't finish watching the first round of the MYC

My free 3 months expired and I'm not going to give Trump any money sooo bye bye network

I got back on their bullshit after a few months off, bought a month as it was the easiest way to watch the MYC on my day off as soon as it came out, and catch up on my NXT backlog (since Takeover Chicago). Cancelling again after this though.

Pikma

Banned
I was actually considering going through all of WWECW but man, that would've been such a stupid decision, glad it expired before I even tried

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 8/28:

8pm: 3.384
9pm: 3.364
10pm: 3.163

Avg: 3.304

Interesting fact is women viewership was the highest for the third hour.

Last year did 3.413 viewers

My free months expired too. I think we can make a new email account and sign up for a free trial. If you do it the 12th i believe you get 3 ppvs
Edit: no the 24th

Top Bottom