• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Not to circle back to ththe NXT talk, sorry super busy at work today, is it worth discussing that NXT can be part of the problem with regards to how much they build wrestlers? It seems rather than treating it like a juniors division they take in well known people. Which then leads the call ups where they're immediately thrusted into bigger story lines. It feels like part of the issue with the lot is they reach a certain ceiling then come into a main event scene already at elevated levels. since fans already know their story there isn't a whole lot of build back up. It's just a call up and OMG ITS THAT PERSON.

Or perhaps they're bringing up too many people at once and that causes this jam. Shit look at Finn. Went from a universal champ to losing a battle royal on an opening match.

Bronx-Man

Banned
They've had how many pole and shark cage matches this year? Plus the 11 Raw women's title changes in 1.5 years? We're long past descension
ohhh.png

Kurita

Not to circle back to ththe NXT talk, sorry super busy at work today, is it worth discussing that NXT can be part of the problem with regards to how much they build wrestlers? It seems rather than treating it like a juniors division they take in well known people. Which then leads the call ups where they're immediately thrusted into bigger story lines. It feels like part of the issue with the lot is they reach a certain ceiling then come into a main event scene already at elevated levels. since fans already know their story there isn't a whole lot of build back up. It's just a call up and OMG ITS THAT PERSON.

Or perhaps they're bringing up too many people at once and that causes this jam. Shit look at Finn. Went from a universal champ to losing a battle royal on an opening match.
I think they should have more transitional storylines from NXT to WWE. Just having the dudes show up one time as NXT performers like the Cena US open challenge is a good thing.

Foggy

This might hold water if so many people were asking "man, I wonder why X just isn't getting over with the crowd?". You'd have to make a compelling argument as to how the booking ISN'T completely killing them.

I think there is definitely truth to that line of questioning, but it seems like such a negligible issue compared to everything else that's poisoning the water.

This might hold water if so many people were asking "man, I wonder why X just isn't getting over with the crowd?". You'd have to make a compelling argument as to how the booking ISN'T completely killing them.

I think there is definitely truth to that line of questioning, but it seems like such a negligible issue compared to everything else that's poisoning the water.

I wasn't trying to say it as a compare of one vs another just broadly with NXT as a whole. I feel like Sami came in hot then looked awful in that's braun story and is sort of rebuilding back. Neville took a while too. AA has basically been neutered and no one is buying Jordan it seems. Just throwing names out there as people who came up from NXT that fans got hot for.

Foggy

I wasn't trying to say it as a compare of one vs another just broadly with NXT as a whole. I feel like Sami came in hot then looked awful in that's braun story and is sort of rebuilding back. Neville took a while too. AA has basically been neutered and no one is buying Jordan it seems. Just throwing names out there as people who came up from NXT that fans got hot for.

I think Sami was booked and treated pretty well out of the gate but I don't know if a steadier build would've insulated him from where he is now. I do think Neville could've benefited from a more deliberate build, same as American Alpha but I think AA was always a question mark.

Here is a problem with NXT.

They have stories like Zayn vs Neville where people are invested in and understand the characters. Zayn has the chance to cheat to win and doesnt and works to beat Neville clean. Everyone is happy.

DIY vs The Revival and the story told in that. Everyone watched it and knows what I am talking about.

Bayley's story being a a nice person and massive wrestling fan working hard to get better then facing a great heel Sasha. Most people really enjoyed the story.

NXT has a lot of stories like this.

On RAW last night one of the bigger NXT stars they built up in Finn, did the job in a Battle Royale to someone who wasnt even in the match after the non-competitor used magic to turn off the electricity in the arena then magically teleport into and out of the ring.

Sasha was told she sucks at title defenses and always loses. Then immediately jobs on the same fucking show in a title defence.

Bayley this is your life. Creepy hugging Graves bla bla bla.

Hex

Banned

They have stories like Zayn vs Neville where people are invested in and understand the characters. Zayn has the chance to cheat to win and doesnt and works to beat Neville clean. Everyone is happy.

DIY vs The Revival and the story told in that. Everyone watched it and knows what I am talking about.

Bayley's story being a a nice person and massive wrestling fan working hard to get better then facing a great heel Sasha. Most people really enjoyed the story.

On RAW last night one of the bigger NXT stars they built up in Finn, did the job in a Battle Royale to someone who wasnt even in the match after the non-competitor used magic to turn off the electricity in the arena then magically teleport into and out of the ring.

Sasha was told she sucks at title defenses and always loses. Then immediately jobs on the same fucking show in a title defence.

Don't worry about Sasha, the day she gets the belt again she will be all up with the "FIVE TIME FIVE TIME"

The question I'm asking though is the handling of the transition from NXT to WWE bad. Was throwing Finn immediately into universal picture wise? KO built up a bit with US and IC. Nak thrown right into major intro and now champ picture. That kind of stuff.

Oersted

Finn barely jobbed. He was surprised, attacked from behind and only thrown out.

And it was stripper Balor, not the facepaint demon.

Hex

Banned
The question I'm asking though is the handling of the transition from NXT to WWE bad. Was throwing Finn immediately into universal picture wise? KO built up a bit with US and IC. Nak thrown right into major intro and now champ picture. That kind of stuff.

I am wondering if you are forgetting that this is scripted?
Finn gets one of the biggest crowd reactions next to Cena, except his is all positive.
I do not know what kind of bizarro world in here it is where people do not think that Finn is just fine.
I imagine you would prefer every main event type match to be a four way?
That is the only way you will be able to get everyone into the picture.
Reigns, Cena,Brock, Strowman, Joe.
Rollins and Ambrose had to be kicked down to tag team just because there is no room.
Yes Wyatt is a joke, but for some reason the company still puts him up there and for now Finn will work it perhaps until Joe is healed.
The reason that Finn did not win the IC contenders match is that he is not set for IC midcard, he will be in the Universal title scene soon enough again.
Him winning the Universal title was great, crowd went nuts, he got injured, it happens.

Exactly this, he was owning the ring and had everyone down.
He was made to look strong.

But oh wait "WrassleGaf says he got jobbed and is unpopular"

WWE has no long term plans so everything they do is so happy hazard they end up having to work backwards to try an make it logical and good

NXT is always is booked long term so they can work forward and adjust on the fly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cracks me up when you call him "stripper Finn"

He was distracted by Bray's magical powers of controlling electricity and and teleportation.

There is a reason so many people find the product to be unengaging.

Oersted

watching upupdowndown's livestream and becky is delightfully goofy

She has "teatime" backstage segments, which are buried on Insta. She clearly has comedic chops. Underused like Rusev.

He was distracted by Bray's magical powers of controlling electricity and and teleportation.

There is a reason so many people find the product to be unengaging.

You named two out of 3 Bray moves which are still protected.

And it still only got Chippendale Finn tossed out

What the fuck did they do to Emma's music!?

Get out Emma! Run away!

Edit: Bonus points to Cole and Lawler taking shots at her.

The commentary team taking shots was some of the stupidest shit on last nights show. Trying to rewrite history of the woman's revolution when Emma and Paige started it whilst promoting Steph as some kind of figurehead when her only contribution is putting herself over talent is really fucking annoying.

Top Bottom