• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

SilentMike03

Neo Member
I do think one of the problems is that they need to decide if NXT is canon or not.

-American Alpha: hot tag team in NXT. Get called up and are treated like a big deal on commentary about being the best in the division. They explain nothing about why you should care about them, but just tell you that you should.

-Finn Balor: top face of the NXT brand. He's presented as a big deal, but they start changing all his stuff - they change his paint gimmick (used to just be a +10 buff to all his stats basically, now it's some mythological bullshit), and saddle him with all kinds of marketing bullshit (DEMON KING!!!).

-Bayley: top face of NXT. Complete reset of the character back to 0 as the star struck fan. What the fuck.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Im missing the chest hair, but been wanting to make some wrestling fanart for a while and Woods getting hurt gave me a good excuse

DIbj8RsVAAE_hBR.jpg:medium

Nitemare1

So I'm assuming they told nia and bliss to kill their instagram friendship. They haven't posted anything in a while. Other than nia posting a few images of her turning on bliss. That blows. They are two of my favourite follows. No more toys r us videos from them for a while I guess :(

Hex

Banned
I do think one of the problems is that they need to decide if NXT is canon or not.

-American Alpha: hot tag team in NXT. Get called up and are treated like a big deal on commentary about being the best in the division. They explain nothing about why you should care about them, but just tell you that you should.

-Finn Balor: top face of the NXT brand. He's presented as a big deal, but they start changing all his stuff - they change his paint gimmick (used to just be a +10 buff to all his stats basically, now it's some mythological bullshit), and saddle him with all kinds of marketing bullshit (DEMON KING!!!).

-Bayley: top face of NXT. Complete reset of the character back to 0 as the star struck fan. What the fuck.

Finn's paint did not used to be anything other than a way for him to show his fandom and have fun. Much like Rey's different masks.
Once he hit NXT is when they made the Demon a thing, but marketing is never a bad thing and the more things you have to sell and the more you sell the better for you.
Kids will be buying the costume, kids buy the figures, kids buy the headpiece and people buy the shirts.
Not sure how anyone can see this as a bad thing for Balor.

As far as American Alpha, I thought they were great in the ring but terrible personalities.
They were fortunate enough to have The Revival and DIY to work off of.
Their gimmick has been seen before

Pikma

Banned
So I'm assuming they told nia and bliss to kill their instagram friendship. They haven't posted anything in a while. Other than nia posting a few images of her turning on bliss. That blows. They are two of my favourite follows. No more toys r us videos from them for a while I guess :(
They probably want you to believe that "their feud is a SHOOT FROM THE HIP!!!!111!"

daemissary

Man, I'm 32 and I started watching in 1994 and I've really only taken 2003-2007 off to try and be "cool" while I was in college. And even then I still followed loosely online.

I've never really taken a break because I thought the product was terrible and I am on the precipice right now. That should say something.

Top Bottom