• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Pikma

Banned
Why are the British wrestlers seemingly allowed to wrestle a completely different style to every other match on any program?
Trips doesn't care that much about wwe style or die, it seems like him or whoever it is that is around him (maybe Regal?) is able to appreciate all the different wrestling styles. Also even if HHH wanted to do some tweaks they've been in the PC a total of like 3 days since they were signed so...

Miztourage vs Hardys and Kurt Angle's son 2 1/2*

Neville vs Tozawa 3 1/2*

Usos vs New Day 4*

Cena vs Corbin 2*

Natty vs Naomi 3*

Cass vs Show 1*

Orton vs Rusev didn't get a rating

Sasha vs Alexa 3*

Rollins/Ambrose vs Cesaro/Sheamus 4*

AJ vs KO 3 3/4*

Jinder vs Nak 2 1/2*

Lesnar etc 4 3/4*

NXT-

Almas vs Gargano 4 1/4*

Sanity vs AOP 3 3/4*

Black vs Itami 4 1/4*

Asuka vs Ember Moon 4 1/2*

McIntyre vs Roode 4 1/4*
NXT was so good. Shame about summerslam.

Pikma

Banned
Lmao Meltz is a sucker for spotfest, that fatal 4 way was not even close to a 4 3/4, and it definitely wasn't match of the weekend

Pikma

Banned
Apparently from now on the network channel will do something called Flashback Fridays, it's supposed to be themed marathons of who the fuck knows what, I guess a bunch of random old ass smackdown/raw/nitro episodes put together?

Browny

Banned
Apparently from now on the network channel will do something called Flashback Fridays, it's supposed to be themed marathons of who the fuck knows what, I guess a bunch of random old ass smackdown/raw/nitro episodes put together?

Paging Zach - themed gradez required,

Also something something new thread something something decent graps crap booking.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't have the Network anymore. Longtime WWE superfan Data West will have to assume the mantle.

Zach, you're kind of okay now. I enjoy this new not-supporting-this-cunt-of-a-family Zach.

You all are witnessing the best iteration of Zach right here.

Browny

Banned
You still got it?

CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

wait, I misunderstood.

giphy.gif

Foggy

Lmao Meltz is a sucker for spotfest, that fatal 4 way was not even close to a 4 3/4, and it definitely wasn't match of the weekend

I've seen tons of PWG matches that made more sense and had more rhythm than that match. But that match was a glass of ice water in a desert of garbage, I would be thankful as hell that it existed too. Also, Meltzer can be easily moved by audience response as well. As fun as the Nakajima/Cage match was in NOAH last month, it was really only elevated by a passionate crowd.

But honestly, if WWE's idea of a properly booked title match is Nak/Jinder, then I'll take the 4way clusterfuck every time.

Also LOL at that Roode/McIntyre snoozefest getting anything above 3 stars.

Taichi said:
Hey REAL pro-wrestling fans! Taichi here to give you a hot scoop! Did you know that my Suzuki-Gun brother, TAKA Michinoku, and I have our own awesome pro-wrestling event every year?! That’s right, we’re on Season 2 already! You might’ve finished watching the finals of the G1 Climax and thought, “Well, that sucked! Suzuki shoulda won that! Well, now what?!” I’ll tell you “what”! TAKA & Taichi Productions Season 2, punks! August 28th at Shinjuku FACE!

This year’s main event sees us throw down against those lame ass wannabe cholos from Los Ingobernables de Japon, Hiromu & BUSHI! But that’s not all: we got tons of talented wrestlers ready to show fans all over the world what real (that’s “HON MONO” in Japanese!) pro-wrestling is all about! You’ll bear witness to awesome female pro-wrestling talent, the totally insane (or is it insanely BADASS?!) Jun Kasai, a dinosaur and more! And in case you were wondering: OF COURSE The Boss, Suzuki Minoru, is gonna be there!

All pre-sale tickets are sold out (what did ya expect from legends like TAKA and me?!), but a limited number of standing room tickets will be made available on the day of the event for 4,000 yen. Suzuki-Gun fans only though, got it?! Just kidding, I’ll take any ol’ chump’s money!

Don’t worry if you can’t make it down to Tokyo though, cause the fine folks at NJPW World will be live streaming the whole event! Watch online ONLY on NJPW World, got it?! I don’t wanna see any unofficial streaming crap! And go ahead, yell “Go home Taichi!” all ya want…I won’t have to hear it this time, haha!

The event will be live-streaming on NJPW World! Sign up to watch http://njpwworld.com/

Draxal

I thought Gargano/Almas was the match of Summerslam weekend myself.

New Day/Usos was good as was Asuka/Moon (I thought the ending was horrific at the time but now understand why it was done so).

tbh, i think i'm a johnny wrestling mark.

I've seen tons of PWG matches that made more sense and had more rhythm than that match. But that match was a glass of ice water in a desert of garbage, I would be thankful as hell that it existed too. Also, Meltzer can be easily moved by audience response as well. As fun as the Nakajima/Cage match was in NOAH last month, it was really only elevated by a passionate crowd.

I don't care much for meltz ratings, but hasn't he said he takes the entire show into consideration and how the match makes him feel? Even though that match was a spotfest it was a fucking breath of air compared to the hour before it.

Foggy

I don't care much for meltz ratings, but hasn't he said he takes the entire show into consideration and how the match makes him feel? Even though that match was a spotfest it was a fucking breath of air compared to the hour before it.

He has said that and it's fine up to a point. There's obviously a threshold at which atmosphere and audience response can raise something past its value. I'm sure there are some random Al Snow matches that people were hot as hell for.

He has said that and it's fine up to a point. There's obviously a threshold at which atmosphere and audience response can raise something past its value. I'm sure there are some random Al Snow matches that people were hot as hell for.

In a vacuum that match was pretty bland, but in the context of the show and the unexpected Braun show it did help make it above the top. Then the Brock returns happens and it shits the bed

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only some WCW fairweather wannabe Vince McMahon loving NXT weekly watching jabronie would think I would even see an hour of WWE programming in a month

Top Bottom