• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

why-not-both-gif-1.gif

aeG5Wua.gif

Heroman

Banned
She even says in the interview it's more of a nickname than a gimmick. It's mostly just her entrance. It's not like she wrestles like a pirate or anything. lol

She'll be fine on that front.
Vince will watch a takeover or s episode of NXT and see her doing a pirate thing her faith will be sealed.

Assuming they are taping in order, this is next week's NXT TV lineup (no result spoilers):

Peyton Royce vs. Ruby Riot
Heavy Machinery vs. jobbers
Bobby Roode vs. Roderick Strong

Assuming they are taping in order, this is next week's NXT TV lineup (no result spoilers):

Well that explains why
Bobby isn't feuding with AJ immediately. It looks like he needs to finish out his NXT stuff first before he gets fully into the main roster.

Well that explains why
Bobby isn't feuding with AJ immediately. It looks like he needs to finish out his NXT stuff first before he gets fully into the main roster.

We knew that already. Bobby said last night on NXT that he wanted to have a match with Strong and his rematch with McIntyre before he left for SD for good.

Kairi's gimmick on NXT: She cosplays as a pirate, but is just a peppy super positive babyface who will never take the low road.
Kairi's gimmick on RAW/Smackdown: She swings into the ring on a rope and cuts promos revolving around pirate phrases in broken English. Alexa calls her a dork for it, Kairi loses clean and the audience side with Alexa.

We knew that already. Bobby said last night on NXT that he wanted to have a match with Strong and his rematch with McIntyre before he left for SD for good.

Oh I keep forgetting that NXT is on Wednesdays. I rarely catch the weekly show in lieu of Takeovers. Was this week's worth watching?

tumblr_ogprbaUlXc1u1ljrzo2_500.gif

#throwback

Kairi's gimmick on NXT: She cosplays as a pirate, but is just a peppy super positive babyface who will never take the low road.
Kairi's gimmick on RAW/Smackdown: She swings into the ring on a rope and cuts promos revolving around pirate phrases in broken English. Alexa calls her a dork for it, Kairi loses clean and the audience side with Alexa.
i'd pop for that part

fire them they suck
i thought we were friends

Who in the past had a different gimmick on the main roster than they did on NXT? I don't think anyone actually.

While not as great as their last TV match for the title, that Roode vs Strong match was very good.

Who in the past had a different gimmick on the main roster than they did on NXT? I don't think anyone actually.

People keep the NXT gimmicks but lose everything that made them work? Sasha and Bayley are the ones that come to mind from the women's division. In NXT Bray constantly developed his character and pushed things forward even though he never achieved much, Neville only got to do his thing in 205, Sami's gone from the best babyface on the roster to a fucking dweeb.

NXT builds people and then Vince knocks them down. I think most of the exceptions are the competitors who didn't do well in NXT but were called up. For example Russev was shit in NXT, but an amazing heel on the main shows until Cena killed him off.

Ascension?

Ascension only got over ironically in NXT due to Victor's "Yeahs!" Their comedy work on the Fashion Files is the only time they've been great.

People keep the NXT gimmicks but lose everything that made them work? Sasha and Bayley are the ones that come to mind from the women's division. In NXT Bray constantly changed angle, Neville only got to do his thing in 205, Sami's gone from the best babyface on the roster to a fucking dweeb.

NXT builds people and then Vince knocks them down. I think most of the exceptions are the competitors who didn't do well in NXT but were called up. For example Russev was shit in NXT, but an amazing heel on the main shows until Cena killed him off.

I'm not saying who will and will not be booked poorly. But a wholesale gimmick change for someone like Kairi won't happen. Vince misses the nuance and small touches. He doesn't change things completely. It's needless cynicism. There's absolutely zero precedent for it.

There's tons of things to worry about in terms of Vince fucking up a given talent. A gimmick change coming out of NXT is not one of them.

NXT wrasslers keep their general character when going to the main roster, they just lose the booking that supports it more often than not.
RIP Bayley.

At the NXT tapings, they are teasing that
Roddy is involved with the ROH guys. He came out at the beginning of the show and confronted McIntyre, then after he beat Roode, McIntyre came out to stare him down and was jumped by the ROH group.

I'm not saying who will and will not be booked poorly. But a wholesale gimmick change for someone like Kairi won't happen. Vince misses the nuance and small touches. He doesn't change things completely. It's needless cynicism. There's absolutely zero precedent for it.

There's tons of things to worry about in terms of Vince fucking up a given talent. A gimmick change coming out of NXT is not one of them.

My post didn't suggest that she'd change her gimmick though? I just pointed out how her gimmick will be booked differently.

My post didn't suggest that she'd change her gimmick though? I just pointed out how her gimmick will be booked differently.

Yeah, but there's an ocean of difference between "her entrance attire is pirate-like" and "her gimmick is that she is a pirate and does pirate things and wrestles like a pirate". No one, not even the most fucked up characters like Bayley, have changed to that degree.

And it's less a response to you and more to the general idea.

Top Bottom