• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Tall4Life

Rock only had a bad sharpshooter because he was so thicc and his opponents were so thicc that it was just impossible to get a good one

There's only one Rock match that immediately pops into my mind when I think about the match itself

wwe-the-rock-vs-hulk-hogan.png

Yeah, maybe and the other match I was just thinking of that I vaguely have some recollection of was his first iron match with HHH but i think thats because iron match was something rarely seen back then

I come to believe that being or not being a homegrown talent is over rated.

I don't think any of us are saying it's crucial, it was just a general curiosity when looking back.

I never realized how much talent came out of AWA for WWF so that's why I was thinking about it as I re-watch 96 WWF/WCW

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Rock vs Hogan is so weird

The ring work is below-average

But it honestly might be one of the greatest WWE matches ever

Wrestlers responding to the crowd and adjusting the match on the fly.

Imagine that, giving the crowd what they want. What a novel concept.

Sephzilla

Rock vs Hogan is so weird

The ring work is below-average

But it honestly might be one of the greatest WWE matches ever

It's a pretty standard match for both Rock and Hogan. But the moments in it, how they played to the crowd, and how fucking lit the crowd was for the match put it into GOAT tier. I never thought I would be marking out hard core for Hulking Up in goddamn 2002, but I was.

Hasney

Just deleted a Tweet faster than anything. Someone retweeted a missing person account and it was the slitting image of Enzo, so I replied something about 205 Live before I saw it was a legit missing person... 😳

Just deleted a Tweet faster than anything. Someone retweeted a missing person account and it was the slitting image of Enzo, so I replied something about 205 Live before I saw it was a legit missing person... 😳
Wow that's pretty embarrassing

You actually think people know what 205 Live is?

I guess this injury is a small blessing as it has allowed them to have Asuka entire the main roster undefeated and they can continue that Streak
for about 6 weeks until she eats a small package and starts playing Hot Potato to get Charlotte 16 title wins

Sephzilla

The only way Rock/Hogan could have been better is if Hogan's attire somehow turned Red/Yellow after he Hulked Up, Dragonball style. It would have been the ultimate "you just fucked up" moment in wrestling

AlexTrevelyan

Neo Member
She's also not nearly as competent in the ring as Charolette.

I know wrestling is extremely subjective, but if you start looking through who has the best matches with everyone, wouldn't you say its Sasha? Just off the top of my head, Charlotte/Bayley/Nia Jax/Alexa Bliss/Becky Lynch have all had their best performances versus Sasha. I don't think thats a coincidence.

Hogan/Andre and Hogan/Warrior are two of the worst matches I've ever seen.

I guess this injury is a small blessing as it has allowed them to have Asuka entire the main roster undefeated and they can continue that Streak
for about 6 weeks until she eats a small package and starts playing Hot Potato to get Charlotte 16 title wins

She's going to Raw.

I know wrestling is extremely subjective, but if you start looking through who has the best matches with everyone, wouldn't you say its Sasha? Just off the top of my head, Charlotte/Bayley/Nia Jax/Alexa Bliss/Becky Lynch have all had their best performances versus Sasha. I don't think thats a coincidence.

Actually I think Alexa's best match is still her last NXT match with Bayley.

But other than that, yes I agree that Sasha is most other women's best match.

Hasney

The only way Rock/Hogan could have been better is if Hogan's attire somehow turned Red/Yellow after he Hulked Up, Dragonball style. It would have been the ultimate "you just fucked up" moment in wrestling

Dunno. If one of them did a flip or put in some work rate, it might have been good.

BiggNife

I don't hate Nia, I just think she's OK

I kinda feel bad for all of the hate she gets, especially when people call her "fat" (ffs)

Sasha is capable of pulling out everything for bigger matches, but I overall find her a bit more sloppy. She's gotten much better since the call up, but I still find Charolette to be a more total package.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Who would be considered the most successful home grown talent from WWE/WWF? I'm thinking of it as guys who did make their careers elsewhere and come over, but guys who may have done 2-3 years then come to WWE/F and define their career. I guess technically it would be Bret?

Flair is the obvious for WCW/NWA even though he started at Crocket, but Crocket was kind of hand in hand with NWA/WCW.

Obviously the Rock to the point that you probably have to exclude him to make the question even work.

To be honest, Braun not going to NXT TV might have been the right idea. I just don't see how he fits with what NXT is. He's a much better fit on the main roster. Plus, not having a preconceived notion on what he could be booked like helped him when he showed up initially.

tbh so were Braun and Alexa, but they got over two completely different ways.

Except Apollo was pretty damn vanilla in terms of in-ring character, Alexa at least had the 'im catty' attitude

Nia isn't helped by them trying to force her to be a 'monster' when she really doesn't come across as one

Pikma

Banned
The good thing about current NXT is that you have to actually be good in the ring to even get a remotely good chance at getting a push. Guys like Lars and the Velveteen Dream are around and they might win a couple of matches but they're used more like special attractions than championship contenders

The weakest main event guys they have are AOP but even then HHH & Co always come up with lot of gimmicks and cool spots to try and cover that.

tbh I've played a bunch of those games and I still think Mania is my GOTY right now

I'm 60 hours into P5 and it's very good but godddd the pacing is fucked which is why I've been so slow in playing it

BoTW is unquestionably excellent, I'm just not huge on open world games. I still really liked it, and it's probably in my top 3 for the year, but I don't think it's my favorite game ever like others feel

Nier is an amazing story saddled with shallow combat that loses its luster 8 hours in

PUBG is a great game that leads to some incredible moments but it still has a shitload of jank I'm waiting for them to iron out

Only played an hour of Prey and still haven't played Y0 or Hollow Knight yet. Too many fucking games this year

That isn't to say Sonic Mania is perfect but its the sequel to 3&K I've wanted for years and I'm willing to look past its flaws because it does so much right

Yeah, I'm not saying Sonic is terrible at all, I just prefer those games over Sonic. If someone were to pick Sonic as GOTY, I'd have no problem with it.

Great list. I'd add ARMS, Splatoon 2, and Mario Kart Deluxe to it. Really great year for games in general.

Haven't played ARMS and couldn't get into Splatoon 2. MK has always been a multiplayer game for me and I need friends to play and enjoy the game.

I am a gigantic fan of the genre, but I just couldn't get into Hollow Knight. Gave it a good three or four hours. Just didn't stick with me.

Hollow Knight is scratching that Metroidvania itch for me.

Yessss to most of those games. Finished Persona last weekend and it's top 5 for me. I bought Prey and Hollow Knight but haven't touched either yet.

I don't hate Sonic, but those games do nothing for me. Even the "good" ones.

I love Prey so much. Prolly my GOTY right now.

Persona 5 is The Club of video games in 2016

Bullet Club? Making money worldwide and is loved by all? I'll take it.

Cosmozone

I'm not too high on Charlotte's promo work due to her exaggerated intonation. I haven't seen Sasha as a heel yet so I'd need a turn on the main roster to see if she's better at it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The good thing about current NXT is that you have to actually be good in the ring to even get a remotely good chance at getting a push. Guys like Lars and the Velveteen Dream are around and they might win a couple of matches but they're used more like special attractions than championship contenders

The weakest main event guys they have are AOP but even then HHH & Co always come up with lot of gimmicks and cool spots to try and cover that.

I'd rather see good character work than good in the ring in the current NXT

as Triple H said to Davey Richards, 'I got a million guys like you who can work. What else can you do?' and now Drew McIntyre is champion and is going to feud with the guys whose gimmick is that the crowd likes memes

Top Bottom