• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Draxal

Patrick Clark supposedly had some very good matches on house shows with Black. I'm not sure I would put him in the weak worker role.

The special attraction wrassler that I want to see more of his no way Jose. I can't get enough of him.

Pikma

Banned
Patrick Clark supposedly had some very good matches on house shows with Black. I'm not sure I would put him in the weak worker role.

The special attraction wrassler that I want to see more of his no way Jose. I can't get enough of him.
I'm surprised they didn't call him up yet, Vince must think he doesn't speak english or something

2017 has already been one hell of a year for wrestling and kideos alike.

Edit: On the other hand, it's been a pretty terrible year for sports entertainment and politics.

'Workrate' is like 10% of why the WWE is successful
wm6-1424149233.jpg

Hogan kicking out at 3 was the biggest Fuck You, Hogan would always do that shit. He was the master of losing but not putting people over and keeping his heat.

I'd rather see good character work than good in the ring in the current NXT

as Triple H said to Davey Richards, 'I got a million guys like you who can work. What else can you do?' and now Drew McIntyre is champion and is going to feud with the guys whose gimmick is that the crowd likes memes

That's just your low opinion of Cole though. I think he does great character work, and a lot of people who followed him in ROH would agree with that.

Zach

If Dental Plan would let me borrow his WWE Network login information and social security number, I would watch Hogan/Rock again.

Yokozuna beating Bret at Wrestlemania IX then Hogan winning the title randomly was another FUCK YOU. God I hated that props to Bret for even putting up with that and not breaking a monitor.

Yokozuna beating Bret at Wrestlemania IX then Hogan winning the title randomly was another FUCK YOU. God I hated that props to Bret for even putting up with that and not breaking a monitor.

Similar to what happened with Shawn, that was done under the agreement that Hogan would eventually job to Bret. Of course, Hogan dipped out before that could ever happen.

After Ember's losing I'm glad for my previously mentioned reason that Asuka just dropped the title to move up if it's actually to Raw though... Ugh. Smackdown would be much better since it would offer a lot more new matches we didn't already see her have in NXT but I'm sure Vince's logic is "they already have a Japanese".

Fuck Hogan's aka the original orange cunt and his not putting anyone over ass.

The last time I bitch about this one specific thing in the NXT womens division based on spoilers.

I really wish NXT stopped breaking keyfabe with this shit. Asuka cheated twice to beat Ember and put her out of commission for months. Ember should have offered a handshake, nailed her, then announce that the mouthbreathers were idiots for cheering a cheat and the only reason Asuka's leaving is because she's too afraid to ever give her a fair match.

Instead the booking's the same boring "All hail our Japanese Goddess!" that it's been since Asuka debuted and it does nothing but make Ember look like a coward. They've been struggling to get Ember over as face, this was the perfect spot to turn here and the audience would have ate up face Niki vs heel Ember.

Chalotte's always been bad on the mic in my opinion, she only got away with it because she was heel and was given way more mic time than other (just like another female on the roster...). Now she's face and she's doing the exact same thing and it doesn't work for me.

I agree with the spoilered text. When I saw that I was like "MUH KAYFABE!"

Cagey

Banned
To be honest, Braun not going to NXT TV might have been the right idea. I just don't see how he fits with what NXT is. He's a much better fit on the main roster. Plus, not having a preconceived notion on what he could be booked like helped him when he showed up initially.
Further, prolonged stints in NXT give too much time for performers to develop their characters to the crowd there and wind up diverging too far from what's going to be popular on the main roster. Character growth either stalls entirely or grows in a dead end direction and isn't helpful.

Tyler Breeze and the singer hipster and Tye Dillinger and American Alpha all suffered from that recently.

I wish Charlotte was heel again. If only because they don't seem to want to push face Charlotte at all and heel Charlotte was like the only heel besides Miz who got the crowd to hate her and cheer the faces fighting her.

Also her WM 33 moonsault was fucking dope.

giphy.gif

I wish Charlotte was heel again. If only because they don't seem to want to push face Charlotte at all and heel Charlotte was like the only heel besides Miz who got the crowd to hate her and cheer the faces fighting her.

giphy.gif
Can't believe they had her do it for the first time on a Raw

How hype would it have been for the first time at Mania

giphy.gif

They turned Charlotte face specifically for the reason of pushing her hard. Plans just changed.

They turned Charlotte face specifically for the reason of pushing her hard. Plans just changed.
I wonder what happened to change their minds. Hopefully either her or Becky are placed back in the title scene soon.

Can't believe they had her do it for the first time on a Raw

How hype would it have been for the first time at Mania
I thought it worked fine doing it at Raw. It was a hyped up main event, good time to bust it out.

It's funny how Charlotte's best matches always seem to be the ones she loses at since her losses are where she busts out all the big moves.

I wonder what happened to change their minds. Hopefully either her or Becky are placed back in the title scene soon.

I thought it worked fine doing it at Raw. It was a hyped up main event, good time to bust it out.

It's funny how Charlotte's best matches always seem to be the ones she loses at since her losses are where she busts out all the big moves.
I remember her doing an RVD barricade moonsault in a match and I was like "RIP"

I actually forgot that the context for that first Raw title match was "women main eventing again" so nevermind, that works

I guess after a year of "first ever!!! we're happy to be here!!" you forget what actually mattered

somedevil

He probably put over Brock out of fear for his own safety

Nope, he put over Brock to look good in front of the higher ups with it in the back of his mind that he was going to get his win back.

They were going to face off again I believe at Survivor Series but match didn't happen because Hogan was not going get his win back and didn't want to lose again to him.

Hex

Banned
Alright folks, should I pick up Madden 18?
I have not played a Madden since like Sega made systems.
I can get it from Sony points

Sephzilla

The Madden games are generally fun and okay football sims until you start playing against try-hards to exploit whatever AI weakness is in whatever edition youre playing. The key is to only get a new Madden title once every 3 or 4 years because then you actually see improvements from title to title.

If you haven't played in a while, yeah. They've been pretty good for a while now, and the story mode they added this year is way better than it has any right to be.

Did WWE ruin Zach Gowan?

They certainly didn't start him off on the right foot. Or maybe they did. I can't remember.

Menome

To be honest, Braun not going to NXT TV might have been the right idea. I just don't see how he fits with what NXT is. He's a much better fit on the main roster. Plus, not having a preconceived notion on what he could be booked like helped him when he showed up initially.

It also made his debut a genuine surprise. There were no dirt-sheet rumours, no expectations based on an NXT run. Just lights off, lights on, there's a fucking giant.

Top Bottom