• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Bronx-Man

Banned
Ronda news

rumours she is facing Steph at Survivor series
tenor.gif

Ronda news

rumours she is facing Steph at Survivor series
A relevant storyline to everything that's been going on in WWE programming

I'm just glad these important characters are getting their spotlight and really paying it off big for the fans

Torch article on ratings http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2017/08...-brand-split-versus-nfl-cena-brock-influence/

People can come up with their reasons for why viewership is down, but at the end of the day all that matters is that they are, and as a result, WWE’s negotiating power for the next TV deal takes a hit. A hit that could end up feeling like a Conor McGregor right hook.

USA will be desperate to retain WWE programming in 2019 but without an alternative network making a genuinely competitive counter offer to WWE, WWE are equally desperate to retain their slot on USA. Without being able to attract a bidding war for their programming, WWE are in the same position they were last time where they pretty much just have to accept what they’re offered. Their programming only becomes really valuable when another Network decides that they also want to buy it. That didn’t happen during negotiations for the current deal and WWE really haven’t enhanced their position in the time since. Ratings are significantly down and they’re still faced with the issue of an unappealing audience demographic in the eyes of advertisers.

So to the people who argue about how TV ratings don’t really matter anymore and how WWE’s Social Media numbers counteract the decline from TV; cool. Good luck making that argument with networks during next year’s negotiations.

@davemeltzerWON
Anyway, it is confirmed that Nikki Bella will be on Dancing with the Stars

Wonder how much promo the company gives it (thinking none)

PWInsider reader Q&A

Q: So, this one seems to come up once every while and it's valid every time: Where is Luke Harper? I was so enjoying his 'push' and now he's...nowhere.

A: Just not being used. I don't get it.

Top Bottom