• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

:(

I wish Suzuki-gun merch was available on PW Tees and stuff

Yup

Natural Disasters ruled so hard

They were great. Especially Tenta. I liked him even more later when I found he was a legitmate sumo badass and deserved to have that "shits going down" music. Because of his face I always thought he was in his forties, but when I was watching him he was actually in his twenties and early thirties, which still astonishes me.

I always enjoy watching Kitao being able to do nothing with Tenta even though the guy thought he was hot stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nlN0mvXCc

Funnily enough Suzuki had an almost-shoot on the same card lol. I love wrestling

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Valve sucks. WWE sucks.

It's that simple.

WWE put a Nazi hatemonger in the White House and has spiraled the whole world into chaos as a result.

Valve released two of the most acclaimed and popular multiplayer games ever made in the history of mankind instead of a sequel to another acclaimed and popular game they made.

Clearly these two things are comparable.

WWE put a Nazi hatemonger in the White House and has spiraled the whole world into chaos as a result.

Valve released two of the most acclaimed and popular multiplayer games ever made in the history of mankind instead of a sequel to another acclaimed and popular game they made.

Saying that two things suck doesn't mean it's a comparison. They both suck, das it.

You gotta shoot on the WWE Network subscribers to get HEAT
HEAT
E
A
T

I like how the current trend for McGregor/Mayweather is not guessing who will win, but whether McGregor will outperform CM Punk in his UFC debut lmao

Also did the CM really stand for Chick Magnet?

Forkball

"I have an idea..."

DIGAr4UVwAA4gNt.jpg

cordy

Banned
Just watched a random 1997 Raw and maaaaannnnnnnnnn.....

This dude Ahmed is fucking horrible. Lord, as a kid I had no idea he was this bad. In literally 5 minutes he botched like 3 times. The first time was when he was jumping on the apron during his entrance, dude almost slipped. The second time is when they had a small brawl before the match started, he threw D'lo out of the ring and he then almost left the ring. Mind you this is a botch because he then didn't leave and instead had a standoff against Rock and Kama because he was part of the match and everyone outside of the ring wasn't in the match. He turned around and acted like nobody saw that. This third botch, lemme tell you, is the craziest.

In the match Ahmed tossed Rock to the ropes and he was supposed to clothesline Rock out of the ring. Something simple. So somehow, some way, when dude clotheslined him he, AHMED, fucked it up and he threw himself out of the ring but then because of what he did, Rock flew out the ring too and Ahmed's weight and momentum forced Rock to get his foot stuck in some ropes. Now Rocky's literally hanging above the ground with his foot tangled in some ropes as the ref's trying to get him loose so he can fall to the ground. Vince then says "Rocky falls on his head. That was dangerous." I've never seen anything like that in my life.

Just watched a random 1997 Raw and maaaaannnnnnnnnn.....

This dude Ahmed is fucking horrible. Lord, as a kid I had no idea he was this bad. In literally 5 minutes he botched like 3 times. The first time was when he was jumping on the apron in his entrance, dude almost slipped. The second time is when they had a small brawl before the match started, he threw D'lo out of the ring and he then almost left the ring. Mind you this is a botch because he then didn't leave and instead had a standoff against Rock and Kama because he was part of the match and everyone outside of the ring wasn't in the match. He turned around and acted like nobody saw that. This third botch, lemme tell you, is the craziest.

In the match Ahmed tossed Rock to the ropes and he was supposed to clothesline Rock out of the ring. Something simple. So somehow, some way, when dude clotheslined him he, AHMED, fucked it up and he threw himself out of the ring but then because of what he did, Rock flew out the ring too and Ahmed's weight and momentum forced Rock to get his foot stuck in some ropes. Now Rocky's literally hanging above the ground with his foot tangled in some ropes as the ref's trying to get him loose so he can fall to the ground. Vince then says "Rocky falls on his head. That was dangerous." I've never seen anything like that in my life.

yup

vince just liked him because he was big, and forgave a lot. in the end they wanted to get out of the contract, so knowing how short his fuse was they asked him to job to someone and he had a strop and walked out, so they didn't need to pay him for the rest of his contract lol

cordy

Banned
Ahmed never got better either. This is gold. 1:58 on

https://youtu.be/EJnX9uZm9FY

Wow that's straight horrible lmao.
yup

vince just liked him because he was big, and forgave a lot. in the end they wanted to get out of the contract, so knowing how short his fuse was they asked him to job to someone and he had a strop and walked out, so they didn't need to pay him for the rest of his contract lol

It's hilarious given that out of all the guys they had he was one of the ones where they said "fuck, we gotta do something."

As bad as that Ahmed story is, it's pretty fucking hilarious. I wonder how many times shit like that's happened - someone completely forgetting the match layout.

Wait, what the fuck?

Yup

They were great. Especially Tenta. I liked him even more later when I found he was a legitmate sumo badass and deserved to have that "shits going down" music. Because of his face I always thought he was in his forties, but when I was watching him he was actually in his twenties and early thirties, which still astonishes me.

g

Tenta is an underrated promo in my opinion. I know the Lapsed Fan hosts like to make fun of him, but he was definitely from the era of great promos. He always looked scary and like he was ready to destroy someone.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I love how Polygon posted an article about how Valve doesn't deserve blind fanboy worship and GAF responded by making a thread all about blindly worshipping Valve.

Earthquake was great, he showed up in NJPW once to tag with Haku - should've been a regular pairing. They wrestled Hawk & Power Warrior, great match. Quake teaming with Vader in UWFi was awesome as well, what a fucking ridiculously OP team haha.

Natural Disasters ruled so hard

tumblr_ov9qzyc5451s24yedo1_500.gif
Tenta was great Natural Disasters were too but it sucks Tenta's singles run pretty much ended after Vince was done having him do the job for Hogan and then being fodder for Yokozuna when he came in.

Still wish Backlund wasn't used just to just transition the WWF Title to Diesel.

from the secret of mana thread

whatamark.gif

Ain't gonna lie, I'm a Secret of Mana mark.

Secret of Mana is an all time fav and despite the original's flaws there's a lot of nostalgic and sentimental value to me, so yeah the direction taken with the art style while unsurprising with SquareEnix's penchant for going cheap with these, is really disappointing.

Zach

I watched some random Bob Backlund match the other day -- Backlund/Owen vs. Bret/Bulldog maybe? -- and it made me think I'd probably appreciate Old Man Backlund more if I watched that run again now that I'm a Wrestling Expert. Ah well.

Top Bottom