• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Here we go with the money matches on this card.
SekimotoisHard.jpg

Well, guess they could afford to play it once

They've kind of made AJPW look second rate to NJPW tonight. I mean, it is, but there's no need to show it in every interpromotional match.

Well, guess they could afford to play it once

They've kind of made AJPW look second rate to NJPW tonight. I mean, it is, but there's no need to show it in every interpromotional match.

Yeah. Even if TAKA is associated with K-Dojo, his victory, Taichi beating Aoyagi, and Kojima beating SUWAMA all put AJPW firmly below NJPW.

They tried to protect SUWAMA by having Doering jump him, but the story should end with him beating Kojima. Unless this partnership extends beyond this show, they've let SUWAMA's and even Aoyagi's stories down.

Given how the rest of the show was structured, Miyahara surely has to be going over.

--edit

And just as soon as I post that...lovely straightjacket suplex.

Foggy

Goodness gracious, helluva match. I could've used more Miyahara offense near the end, but those knees were righteous. Good shit.

That was really good, and I would have been happy with either result, but I wish Ishikawa retained. There are fresh match-ups with Ishikawa, but Miyahara's story should have ended with him getting the title back at the biggest show.

Did they just say "We're 1-1 in our match-up"? Because I could definitely go for a rubber match between them.

I usually think that wrestling shouldn't be longer than 3 hours, but this was a really easy 4.5+ hours show to watch. Nothing dragged, and the money matches mostly delivered on my expectations. SUWAMA vs. Kojima was disappointing, but even then it was an interesting mess.

Now, to nap and then go for a run because holy shit the sun is up.

Foggy

That was really good, and I would have been happy with either result, but I wish Ishikawa retained. There are fresh match-ups with Ishikawa, but Miyahara's story should have ended with him getting the title back at the biggest show.

Did they just say "We're 1-1 in our match-up"? Because I could definitely go for a rubber match between them.

That's what I'm thinking, big time rubber match to build to and have Miyahara defend against Joe or something in the meantime.

Foggy

Post match Miyahara is a madman. Dig it.

Uneven card from what I saw, but the tag titles and main event delivered in a big way.

If I was fantasy booking I'd have Miyahara win next years G1 as an outsider, win the IWGP title at WK and then drop it at Dominion.

I'd have done that with Marafuji last year to be honest though lol. I love interpromotional stuff when it's done well (which seems to be pretty much never)

miserable

If I was fantasy booking I'd have Miyahara win next years G1 as an outsider, win the IWGP title at WK and then drop it at Dominion.

I'd have done that with Marafuji last year to be honest though lol. I love interpromotional stuff when it's done well (which seems to be pretty much never)

I don't think we'll ever see someone from other promotion win the IWGP title, unless it's someone who was previously in New Japan.

Top Bottom