• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT2| Sting in 2015

Jeff is much bigger than NXT. He was on track to be one of the biggest names in the company before he left. Even with his drug problems, he was so popular that they felt like they had to put the world title on him. Now that he's clear of them, he could easily come in and be a upper mid-card guy, and maybe even main event a B-level PPV.

I still want him to put over Prince Pretty first

I don't understand why Vince doesn't do this for almost all of his performers.

It gives guys much needed time off from the road and you are able to have unique events every so often because you don't have to have 2 guys wrestle 6 times before a PPV.

Is the house show money really worth it?

I'd like to see the numbers on that too.

I dream of a WWE where the talent does not have to work such a harsh schedule. Give them a month or 2 off and cycle people in to give them a chance to shine, etc. In theory it makes sense for a better workplace and product, but probably not for business.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thanks for the cage match suggestions. They make a long ride home much more bearable. Japan and Mexico had far more than I realised.

Good stuff

I don't understand why Vince doesn't do this for almost all of his performers.

It gives guys much needed time off from the road and you are able to have unique events every so often because you don't have to have 2 guys wrestle 6 times before a PPV.

Is the house show money really worth it?

giphy.gif

Live events are the company's third largest source of profit for the company, so, yes, they need to keep running shows on the road.

Sephzilla

Pretty sad about the microtransaction nonsense in Metal Gear. v_v
I wasnt planning on day one-ing the game but was planning on getting it a few weeks from now. After hearing about all that bullshit I'm straight up not buying it. I'll happily get Mad Max instead and I'm saying this fully aware that it's published by WB

I feel like "boycotting" a game for one reason is kind of dumb. "I like all the things about this item except this one part that is optional, so I'm just not going to buy the thing at all." If you don't like the microtransaction stuff, just don't participate in it. Not buying the game is a vast overreaction IMO. But hey, you are free to spend your money however.

Fox318

giphy.gif

Live events are the company's third largest source of profit for the company, so, yes, they need to keep running shows on the road.

but can't you make an argument that it just over exposes the product?

Look at the smackdown numbers lately. They are some of the worst the WWE has ever had.

Does running more events really help your product? Neither sports nor entertainment run every week and I can't help but think they have a good reason not to.

Remember that Raw hours after his nudes leaked where, when Seth did his segment, he looked like he wanted to die or at least be anywhere else in the world than "doing live televised thing"

Imagine how he'll look tonight

Fox318

Remember that Raw hours after his nudes leaked where, when Seth did his segment, he looked like he wanted to die or at least be anywhere else in the world than "doing live televised thing"

Apparently they didn't find out until after he was in the ring. That's why Joey Mercury worked most of that match.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Fine?

Getting your dick posted on the WORLD WIDE WEB is far worse than your girlfriend getting fired, friends. Seth is probably cheating on her as we speak.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks Seth is getting cooked over this.

Well, considering he left his fiancee for her, and just weeks ago said "I've made many mistakes but my relationship with Zahra isn't one"...

Chikara has its King of Trios events on sale for $7.99 per night.

2011 Night 2 has Zack Sabre Jr vs. Pinkie Sanchez vs. El Generico vs. Marshe Rockett, Amassis/Hieracon/Ophidian vs. Akira Tozawa/KAGETORA/Super Shisa, and Dick Togo/Great Sasuke/Jinsei Shinzaki vs. Jigsaw/Manami Toyota/Quackenbush.

2011 Night 3 has Madison Eagles vs. Manami Toyota and Kingston vs. Akira Tozawa.

2009 Night 1 has Young Bucks & El Generico vs. Amassis/Escorpion Egipcio/Ophidian, Claudio Castagnoli/Dave Taylor/Bryan Danielson vs. Brodie Lee/Eddie Kingston/Grizzly Redwood, Necro Butcher/Toby Klein/Brain Damage vs. Gran Akuma/Chuck Taylor/Icarus, Lince Dorado/Equinox/Helios vs. Kota Ibushi/KUDO/Michael Nakazawa

2009 Night 2 has Matt Jackson vs. Player Dos vs. Austin Aries vs. Fire Ant, El Generico vs. Jigsaw vs. Kota Ibushi vs. Nick Jackson

2012 Night 1 has Team Sendai Girls vs. The Colony, Kikutaro/Ebessan/Takoyakida vs. Chuck Taylor/Johnny Gargano/Icarus, Meng/The Warlord/The Barbarian vs. The Young Bucks & Mike Bennett

2012 Night 3 has The Young Bucks & Mike Bennett vs. Team Sendai Girls

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That's the original plan. The punishment is him losing the other belt to Kane on RAW

What if I told you Seth was going over Sting clean and turning face after they shake hands prompting Haitch to send Sheamus out to cash in and become the new face of the Authority?

What if I told you Seth was going over Sting clean and turning face after they shake hands prompting Haitch to send Sheamus out to cash in and become the new face of the Authority?

Then I'd say that the Authority needs a facelift because Sheamus looks stupid.

472%20-%20don_west%20gif%20high_five%20mike_tenay%20tna.gif

CWpBRoV.png

Everything that has happened involving the company over the last 3 days has been more interesting than anything 30 writers working for most of the year have been able to pull off

but can't you make an argument that it just over exposes the product?

Look at the smackdown numbers lately. They are some of the worst the WWE has ever had.

Does running more events really help your product? Neither sports nor entertainment run every week and I can't help but think they have a good reason not to.

Sure, but as long as it remains a source of profit, nothing's changing.

I'd like to see the numbers on that too.

I dream of a WWE where the talent does not have to work such a harsh schedule. Give them a month or 2 off and cycle people in to give them a chance to shine, etc. In theory it makes sense for a better workplace and product, but probably not for business.

Since it's a publicly traded company, the annual financials are available.

Well, when Seth's face turn flops, they'll be forced to turn Big Show face again to feud with Sheamus in his place

Fox318

Neil Patrick should be the ref and fast count seth to a win.

Bret Hart comes out and demands that the match be restarted

Stopped reading.

I did too, because Seth's already flopped. Where's this "is going to" flop stuff coming from? It's like people don't even watch/read

At least you have the "was he a better champ than Miz" argument to potentially win

Oh wait Miz didn't need a briefcase to main event Mania, and he actually beat Cena the first time damn.gif

What's the post limit on a thread? OT1 has 20,057 posts, while OT2 has 1,495, not including this and any others that arrive while I'm writing this. Would we have survived Raw tonight without an OT2?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's the post limit on a thread? OT1 has 20,057 posts, while OT2 has 1,495, not including this and any others that arrive while I'm writing this. Would we have survived Raw tonight without an OT2?

20k. We did not survive.

September OT will be up soon this evening. Probably post-Raw.

Zach

Do you not rike it?

I do not rike it.

I feel like "boycotting" a game for one reason is kind of dumb. "I like all the things about this item except this one part that is optional, so I'm just not going to buy the thing at all." If you don't like the microtransaction stuff, just don't participate in it. Not buying the game is a vast overreaction IMO. But hey, you are free to spend your money however.

But that one thing could throw off the entire flow of the game. If it forces someone not willing to pay again -- for a game they've already paid for -- to grind or whatever. That's a problem, right?

Top Bottom