• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT2| Sting in 2015

tm24

Yall have to understand that PWG is a vanity project. They don't have lofty, high ambitious goals. It's something Super Dragon, Excalibur and crew do because they enjoy it. It's why they don't go to bigger venues and it's why they will never have like a DVD distribution factory.

It's wrestlers running a wrestling promotion. You could get like they do in lucha indies where the only recorded footage is fancam shit that Lucha TV puts up

And more importantly, have you watched how shittily put together Chikara DVDs are really?

Jesus, really? I can understand the whole physical thing, as I know some guys can't be on iPPV. But the waiting time is shitty.

Chikara got last year's King of Trios out in days at most.

They tend to get BOLA out faster. So maybe a few weeks? Gotta be a month at most.

Chuck Taylor sat in my lap. Totally marked out.

tm24

So boots, now that I've experienced British wrestling, whats the best way to see the stuff of those guys? Just finally get progress on demand and go nuts?

Jesus, really? I can understand the whole physical thing, as I know some guys can't be on iPPV. But the waiting time is shitty.

Chikara got last year's King of Trios out in days at most.

PWG's production quality on the discs is above Smart Mark's or whomever Chikara uses these days.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just go watch ZSJ in NOAH since he got better whe nhe went to Japan anyways
tumblr_n9ka9jTmKm1ti6gxco1_500.gif

tm24

Also, the turnaround for last year's BOLA was one month. Pre-order went up like 2 days after and shipped by the end of the month

The problem there is when you start trying to portray this reign as special, and show defences etc, it would become apparent extremely quickly how lame the reign has been. What can you show, endless defences against Paige and Naomi in meh matches?

That's true of most title reigns, though. Rarely does anyone have a long reign without a ton of meaningless filler that no one gives a shit about. Like all of Punk's long reign.

Also, the turnaround for last year's BOLA was one month. Pre-order went up like 2 days after and shipped by the end of the month

That hurts a little, since I'll be in the middle of my annual October horror movie marathon, and I don't know if I can carve out time for BOLA.

So, Seth's girlfriend gets fired, Bram gets arrested again for assault and we find out he and Charlotte split up a while ago and there was a crazy stalker (not Barry Windham) shot outside the performance center today, quite the Florida man news day.

So, Seth's girlfriend gets fired, Bram gets arrested again for assault and we find out he and Charlotte split up a while ago and there was a crazy stalker (not Barry Windham) shot outside the performance center today, quite the news day.

Don't forget Hulk explaining why he's not a racist because that's how his friends greeted one another when he was a young lad.

Fox318

So, Seth's girlfriend gets fired, Bram gets arrested again for assault and we find out he and Charlotte split up a while ago and there was a crazy stalker (not Barry Windham) shot outside the performance center today, quite the Florida man news day.

Don't forget Hogan's media tour.

also about the fan TMZ had this:
According to docs, obtained by TMZ, the wrestling org. got a restraining order against Montalvo earlier this month after a string of violent run-ins at the facility. Earlier this summer, the WWE says Montalvo spread his feces and urine on the building. He even posted video of himself mixing the human waste and reduced fat milk in a bucket.
http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/31/wwe-center-shooting-orlando-obsessed-fan/

Oersted

Can't really nail down why, but the screwy finish killed off all my interest in the BorkTaker feud. Its just eh... it was already not really interesting post-streak ending and seems utterly irrelevant now.

Don't forget Hulk explaining why he's not a racist because that's how his friends greeted one another when he was a young lad.

Don't forget Hogan's media tour.

also about the fan TMZ had this:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/31/wwe-center-shooting-orlando-obsessed-fan/

I was going to include Hogan but he wasn't in Florida was he? Granted he lives in Florida. Yeah, that guy is not well mentally and I saw his Instagram and Facebook. Wasn't there a story a while ago about Layla having a stalker? I guess not, only thing I see is the old Maryse story.

Jeff Hardy's contract expires in January apparently. I could totally see WWE going after him. Now that his drug problems are behind him, there's really no reason not to considering how much merch he moves.

If they went after Jeff (and they don't need to) he would have an NXT stint like Rhyno. Unless WWE wanted to bring in The Hardyz along with the return of the Dudleys.

Jeff is much bigger than NXT. He was on track to be one of the biggest names in the company before he left. Even with his drug problems, he was so popular that they felt like they had to put the world title on him. Now that he's clear of them, he could easily come in and be a upper mid-card guy, and maybe even main event a B-level PPV.

Jeff would only do an RVD type deal. In for a few months out for a few months. Part of the reason why people go to TNA is because they do not tour 300+ days a year he has stated he like spending time with his daughter

Fox318

Jeff would only do an RVD type deal. In for a few months out for a few months. Part of the reason why people go to TNA is because they do not tour 300+ days a year he has stated he like spending time with his daughter

I don't understand why Vince doesn't do this for almost all of his performers.

It gives guys much needed time off from the road and you are able to have unique events every so often because you don't have to have 2 guys wrestle 6 times before a PPV.

Is the house show money really worth it?

Top Bottom