• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT2| Sting in 2015

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I bought Mad Max for 30 on GMG, so I'll play some of that. And more Until Dawn.

Metal Gear games have never done much for me, but I may try Phantom Pain down the road. Depending on when I'm done with Mad Max. It's hard to resist a game with Hall & Oates in it.
becky "bad luck botched finish" lynch ain't gonna let that happen

Remember when everyone gave Naomi all sorts of shit for a botched finish

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that one is poor, but the others have been pretty good.

Eh, show titles have never bothered me, and I like most of Progress's. I'm sure there's worse PWG names...

I went ahead and I'm bolding the ones that are PAINFULLY unfunny to see:

CHAPTER ONE – In The Beginning
CHAPTER TWO – The March of Progress
CHAPTER THREE – Fifty Shades of Pain
CHAPTER FOUR – THE BALLAD OF EL LIGERO
CHAPTER FIVE – FOR THOSE ABOUT TO FIGHT, WE SALUTE YOU
CHAPTER SIX – WE (HEART) VIOLENCE
CHAPTER SEVEN – EVERY SAINT HAS A PAST, EVERY SINNER HAS A FUTURE
CHAPTER EIGHT – THE BIG BOYS GUIDE TO STRONG STYLE
CHAPTER NINE: HOLD ME, THRILL ME, KICK ME, KILL ME
CHAPTER TEN: GLORY FOLLOWS VIRTUE AS IF IT WERE ITS SHADOW
CHAPTER ELEVEN: TO FIGHT WAR, YOU MUST BECOME WAR
CHAPTER TWELVE: WE’RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER ROOM
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: UNBELIEVABLE, JEFF!
THE PROGRESS WORLD CUP
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: THUNDERBASTARD
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE PARANOID, DOESN’T MEAN THEY AREN’T OUT TO GET YOU
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: VERY VERY VERY BREAKY BREAKY BREAKY BISHI BISHIII
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: THE SHOW THAT WE’RE NOT ALLOWED TO CALL PROGRESSLEMANIA FOR LEGAL REASONS
CHAPTER NINETEEN: SUPER STRONG STYLE 16 – TOURNAMENT EDITION 2015
CHAPTER 20: THUNDERBASTARD – BEYOND THUNDERBASTARD

Remember when everyone gave Naomi all sorts of shit for a botched finish

Of course. She's a woman, so lots of people will give her shit.

Seth tremendously fucked up. Her ex seemed like a cool, nice person ESPECIALLY when comparing her to Zahra. I mean I only know so much and I wasn't there but damn.

How can someone with so much talent be so...i don't know the word. Dumb?

So did they ever release any details whether Charlotte was involved in the whole Bram thing?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Metal Gear games have never done much for me, but I may try Phantom Pain down the road. Depending on when I'm done with Mad Max. It's hard to resist a game with Hall & Oates in it.

You're in luck friend. Based on everything I've read, this is a Metal Gear game made for people who don't actually like Metal Gear games. The DmC of Metal Gear if you will.

Zach

No.

Where there is hope, there is weakness.

S8yPZqb.gif

All jokes aside, I can't even care about Raw tonight. I need my copy of Phantom Pain now.

Brother!!

I'll be honest and say I never thought about it until someone pointed it out. I'm so used to it at this point. It's not like they're the only thing with an eagle logo.

That said, I'd probably feel weirder about it if the PROGRESS crowd (and management) weren't the most lefty wrestling crowd I've ever been in.

It's just...strange.
240px-ProgressWrestlingLogo.jpg

9f5589a8032a5118ca1632138c71cb63.jpg

Seth tremendously fucked up. Her ex seemed like a cool, nice person ESPECIALLY when comparing her to Zahra. I mean I only know so much and I wasn't there but damn.

How can someone with so much talent be so...i don't know the word. Dumb?

So did they ever release any details whether Charlotte was involved in the whole Bram thing?

God doesn't like OP characters that aren't related to him.

So are they not having Bella defend the title until a good week or two after she beats AJ record then?

Because if I was booking this shit I would have he defend it next week on RAW which I think is the day before she passes her and have her cheat to win.

You know.... a story to get people invested in hating the character and wanting her to lose the belt instead of just simply "she is shit and we want her to go away".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You're in luck friend. Based on everything I've read, this is a Metal Gear game made for people who don't actually like Metal Gear games. The DmC of Metal Gear if you will.

That works out. I liked that game.

I liked MGS 3 because the hackfraud making it actually ripped off a good movie

The problem with microtransactions is that even when you're ignoring them they still hurt the actual mechanics of the game. Wait timers, filler "resource gathering" side quests, immersion breaking advertisements, etc. Just look at what happened to Dead Space 3.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is there anyone who isn't from Europe who likes these shitty PROGRESS titles?

So are they not having Bella defend the title until a good week or two after she beats AJ record then?

Because if I was booking this shit I would have he defend it next week on RAW which I think is the day before she passes her and have her cheat to win.

You know.... a story to get people invested in hating the character and wanting her to lose the belt instead of just simply "she is shit and we want her to go away".

She is defending at NoC just like every other champion. And I wouldn't expect those other titles to be defended between now and then. But yes, let's all get angry about Nikki again.

Months, I think. Its a goddamn shame. I hope it's weeks, but I think it's months. And only on physical media :/

Jesus, really? I can understand the whole physical thing, as I know some guys can't be on iPPV. But the waiting time is shitty.

Chikara got last year's King of Trios out in days at most.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. It is their "reward" for winning the elimination match at SS.

Fine booking, real reward for that match - I see no problems with this storyline at all.

Jesus, really? I can understand the whole physical thing, as I know some guys can't be on iPPV. But the waiting time is shitty.

Chikara got last year's King of Trios out in days at most.

They build it as a "you really NEED to catch this shit live to enjoy it best" and it's true. It got people moving from all over America if not further to see it. FallingEdge, tm24, one of our new guys and Meltzer all showed up for it and I've heard no complaints. It's truly a special event.

I'm dying to see it, too. But I understand.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yall have to understand that PWG is a vanity project. They don't have lofty, high ambitious goals. It's something Super Dragon, Excalibur and crew do because they enjoy it. It's why they don't go to bigger venues and it's why they will never have like a DVD distribution factory.

It's wrestlers running a wrestling promotion. You could get like they do in lucha indies where the only recorded footage is fancam shit that Lucha TV puts up

somedevil

John Pollock had this idea for the Women's title:

**Tonight the Raw tapings are in Tampa, Florida at the Amalie Arena. They are promoting a number of aspects ahead of time, with Sting set to open the show and they are also promoting a rematch from SummerSlam between Dolph Ziggler and Rusev. There will also be a Beat the Clock challenge throughout the night, involving Paige, Charlotte and Becky Lynch and the winner receiving a future Diva’s title shot.

It would be a squandered opportunity, to not have someone challenge Nikki Bella for the title in two weeks on the September 14th episode of Raw. That would be the night that Nikki ties AJ Lee’s record and could set up a more meaningful title defence, which if promoted correctly could headline Raw that night because of the historical nature of it. There is no doubt that the Diva’s presentation on the main roster over the last few weeks has been abysmal. The Nikki Bella title reign is a golden opportunity to correct a lot of wrongs. If this was my planning, I would pick the woman I have the most confidence in to run with the title and set the tone for the division that they want (personally, I think it’s unquestionably Sasha Banks). That woman should be the winner of tonight’s Beat the Clock challenge and challenge Nikki Bella on September 14th. Next week’s episode of Raw should be built around Bella vs. Banks with interviews, videos of Nikki’s defences and building this match to be something special and then presenting it as a major match to headline Raw on September 14th and the new champion is crowned. The key is picking one woman to be the standard bearer and headline the division and presenting it as a major deal. You could have women from the past on next week’s episode endorsing either Nikki Bella or Sasha Banks, classic highlights of former champions and hitting it hard that the historic title defence is the following week on Raw.

Good idea but its not going to happen. Sasha Banks is the number 1 for who the fans want to have the title it seems.

Ithil

Good idea but its not going to happen. Sasha Banks is the number 1 for who the fans want to have the title it seems.

The problem there is when you start trying to portray this reign as special, and show defences etc, it would become apparent extremely quickly how lame the reign has been. What can you show, endless defences against Paige and Naomi in meh matches?

If PWG ever tried to become aggressive in their marketing or monetization, it'd be the end of PWG. The only reason they can use most of the guys they use is because they are so small-scale.

I think it could also work with Becky if you tell the story of her life journey from Ireland to Japan to retirement to NXT. People would buy into that.

Top Bottom