• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT2| Sting in 2015

yEoNE2.gif

somedevil

I'm sure we just don't understand their relationship, guys. WWE has a precedent for racism in 2015. I hope they're both gone and erased soon. You can't tell me that Seth doesn't know about this shit. Which, to me, means he accepts it. Which means he is also a piece of shit. You'd expect someone from a people also afflicted by a genocide to not be down with Nazis. You know, like everyone else in the world.

If he doesn't drop both titles on RAW is it reasonable to assume WWE is sympathetic to nazis?

I'm Jewish and its annoying me how you guys throw out the term Nazi not knowing its true meaning and using it wrong.

A Nazi is someone who supported the German Party back in the 40's. That does not exist anymore. If you want to throw out a term over and over again the correct term is neo-nazi.

As for what she posted 3 years ago and her tweets. All that I get is she was not a good person and had racist tendencies. As for now I don't know her so I can't assume anything. If she lied to them and did not tell them about her past she will be fired.

Depending on how you look at that gif, the kid is flicking him off for showing him his badge, which is the only way it makes sense because why would you be intimidated by that?

RP912

Banned
I think brisk tacos laid out an undeniable reason as to why, but even if you don't want to accept that, how does it look having your World Champion and US Champion be someone who is dating a nazi?

True, but the WWE will give Seth a pass because it's not like he said it unless the story blows up.

It had to be done. Unfortunately somedevil didn't post this sooner.

I'm Jewish and its annoying me how you guys throw out the term Nazi not knowing its true meaning and using it wrong.

A Nazi is someone who supported the German Party back in the 40's. That does not exist anymore. If you want to throw out a term over and over again the correct term is neo-nazi.

As for what she posted 3 years ago and her tweets. All that I get is she was not a good person and had racist tendencies. As for now I don't know her so I can't assume anything. If she lied to them and did not tell them about her past she will be fired.

If he doesn't drop both titles on RAW is it reasonable to assume WWE is sympathetic to nazis?

Absolutely. Would that really even be shocking to people, though? Of course they would be fine with someone supporting Nazism as long as they aren't out killing Jews or anything. As long as you aren't caught on tape, it's fine for WWE.

Data West, could you explain the saga of La Parka/LA ParK/Super Parka/La Parka Jr./El Hijo de LA ParK? Is there some crazy match of like 5 La Parkas against each other?

I've read your posts. You're already too far gone. You're on the Lunatic Fringe of posting and headed straight for the Ambrose Asylum.

I gotta get up
I gotta get going
We're gonna see a friend of miiine
I'm noping out of there

I would love to sit ringside at the Rumble, but holy shit $566 is a lot for that. Think I might grab a lower section ticket.

Get the nosebleeds, party hard!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Data West, could you explain the saga of La Parka/LA ParK/Super Parka/La Parka Jr./El Hijo de LA ParK? Is there some crazy match of like 5 La Parkas against each other?

LA Park is the original LA Park from WCW. When he went to WCW the booker of AAA booked another guy to be the new La Parka to cash in on La Parka's fame in WCW and his fame(As he was a main event player before leaving). The booker claimed to have the rights to the La Parka gimmick, but he didn't want none of WCW's lawyers because as soon as he did Ted Turner would start asking about all that delicious 'licensed' music in AAA. When WCW folded and La Parka 1 went back to Mexico, he joined rival promotion CMLL. AAA bookerman then sued the company saying he owned the La Parka name. La Parka 1 changed his name to L.A. Park(meaning 'La Authentic Park' thus why his shirts say 'Authentica').

Despite these issues, LA Park is a huge main eventer in Mexico who can still sell out arenas and the current La Parka(the same one from before) can't wrestle well and his only claim to fame is emulating 90s La Parka(which LA Park has evolved from as a more violent, rudo brawler with more charisma than just being goofy)

LA Park actually later on went to AAA to defeat La Parka in his home promotion because he wasn't anywhere close to as big of a deal as LA Park for the name, but LA Park is still LA Park and La Parka 2 is still LA Park

In quick picture form
la-parka.jpg

L.A. Park The original La Parka. Huge main eventer in AAA before leaving to go to WCW where he was arguably the second or third most popular cruiserweight in the company(Rey being number one. I guess you could argue Eddie for two, but La Parka was a much more notorious figure for his iconic look and charisma if we're talking strictly WCW). Still wrestles today and is one of the biggest draws in modern lucha libre along with the most popular never ending feud in Mexico, L.A. Park vs Dr. Wagner Jr. Both are two of the best even in their 50s. Currently doing indies and CMLL. If you're new and want to know a quick difference at glance between Park and Parka, Park's attire has eyes in the chest and shoulders and he's of a much larger frame. Wrestles more like a brawler though he can still high fly, but people would rather watch him rip some punks mask off

images

El Hijo De L.A. Park Park's son. Not near as famous as his father, but he occasionally gets booked with him and is actually able to have the name since he's his son. Built like Excalibur. The best thing about him is that he feuds with Dr. Wagner Jr's son. It's a literal blood feud. Dr. Wagner Jr's son is called El Hijo Del Dr Wagner Jr which is a fucking hilarious name if you think about it.

cd01830f41d81432f2f7e8161a944199.jpg

La Parka Formerly La Parka Jr, the AAA booker gave him the La Parka name. He makes his livings ripping off La Parka of the 90s while being completely unmemorable. He is basically a caricature for kids. You can easily tell him from L.A. Park because he sucks and has no charisma.

Super_Parka.jpg

Super Parka
Volador 1. Volador Jr's dad. L.A. Park'ss uncle. He knew L.A. Park's gimmick was getting over huge so he used it as his indie gimmick to moonlight under while he wrestled in AAA as Volador.

And since you didn't ask but I'll throw him in there as well
Chilpancingo+%25288%2529.JPG

Parka Negra
Evil La Parka. It's El Zorro. He exists to feud with AAA La Parka though he did have a feud real ass L.A. Park and tagged with him a few times as well. He's basically as one dimensional as a character as La Parka to 'complement' him, but he's a far more entertaining wrestler. He had some great work with Pentagon Jr.

AAA seems happy with their shitty La Parka for now because he still sells the masks, but they're not above booking Park if they can because they know he puts asses in seats. I don't think all 5 have been in a match together. The most I've seen is three of them.

How fast do these pre-sale tickets typically sell? Ticketmaster mobile site is giving me trouble, and I won't be home to try on my PC for a few hours at least. I should still be able to get decent seats then, right?

jred2k

How fast do these pre-sale tickets typically sell? Ticketmaster mobile site is giving me trouble, and I won't be home to try on my PC for a few hours at least. I should still be able to get decent seats then, right?

PM me your credit card and I'll order them for you.

They'll sell out. Philly Rumble presales sold out immediately. This's your best shot. Download the app, or force Desktop mode.

LA Park is the original LA Park from WCW. When he went to WCW the booker of AAA booked another guy to be the new La Parka to cash in on La Parka's fame in WCW and his fame(As he was a main event player before leaving). The booker claimed to have the rights to the La Parka gimmick, but he didn't want none of WCW's lawyers because as soon as he did Ted Turner would start asking about all that delicious 'licensed' music in AAA. When WCW folded and La Parka 1 went back to Mexico, he joined rival promotion CMLL. AAA bookerman then sued the company saying he owned the La Parka name. La Parka 1 changed his name to L.A. Park(meaning 'La Authentic Park' thus why his shirts say 'Authentica').

Despite these issues, LA Park is a huge main eventer in Mexico who can still sell out arenas and the current La Parka(the same one from before) can't wrestle well and his only claim to fame is emulating 90s La Parka(which LA Park has evolved from as a more violent, rudo brawler with more charisma than just being goofy)

LA Park actually later on went to AAA to defeat La Parka in his home promotion because he wasn't anywhere close to as big of a deal as LA Park for the name, but LA Park is still LA Park and La Parka 2 is still LA Park

In quick picture form
la-parka.jpg

L.A. Park The original La Parka. Huge main eventer in AAA before leaving to go to WCW where he was arguably the second or third most popular cruiserweight in the company(Rey being number one. I guess you could argue Eddie for two, but La Parka was a much more notorious figure for his iconic look and charisma if we're talking strictly WCW). Still wrestles today and is one of the biggest draws in modern lucha libre along with the most popular never ending feud in Mexico, L.A. Park vs Dr. Wagner Jr. Both are two of the best even in their 50s. Currently doing indies and CMLL. If you're new and want to know a quick difference at glance between Park and Parka, Park's attire has eyes in the chest and shoulders and he's of a much larger frame. Wrestles more like a brawler though he can still high fly, but people would rather watch him rip some punks mask off

images

El Hijo De L.A. Park Park's son. Not near as famous as his father, but he occasionally gets booked with him and is actually able to have the name since he's his son. Built like Excalibur. The best thing about him is that he feuds with Dr. Wagner Jr's son. It's a literal blood feud. Dr. Wagner Jr's son is called El Hijo Del Dr Wagner Jr which is a fucking hilarious name if you think about it.

cd01830f41d81432f2f7e8161a944199.jpg

La Parka Formerly La Parka Jr, the AAA booker gave him the La Parka name. He makes his livings ripping off La Parka of the 90s while being completely unmemorable. He is basically a caricature for kids. You can easily tell him from L.A. Park because he sucks and has no charisma.

Super_Parka.jpg

Super Parka
Volador 1. Volador Jr's dad. L.A. Park'ss uncle. He knew L.A. Park's gimmick was getting over huge so he used it as his indie gimmick to moonlight under while he wrestled in AAA as Volador.

And since you didn't ask but I'll throw him in there as well
Chilpancingo+%25288%2529.JPG

Parka Negra
Evil La Parka. It's El Zorro. He exists to feud with AAA La Parka though he did have a feud real ass L.A. Park and tagged with him a few times as well. He's basically as one dimensional as a character as La Parka to 'complement' him, but he's a far more entertaining wrestler. He had some great work with Pentagon Jr.

AAA seems happy with their shitty La Parka for now because he still sells the masks, but they're not above booking Park if they can because they know he puts asses in seats. I don't think all 5 have been in a match together. The most I've seen is three of them.

Oh wow. That was a lot more detailed than I would have imagined. In the handful of times I've seen AAA, their La Parka is 100% garbage in every way. The real La Parka turning into a violent brawler dude makes sense to me, since that seems to be the path that all lucha guys head down once they hit 40. So many La Parkas. I genuinely can't believe that someone, somewhere hasn't booked them all in a match. Either as part of a 10 man tag, or against each other. Thanks for the info.

The real La Parka still being the fucking man is wonderful.

Gonzalez

Banned
DBZ star ratings:

Goku & Piccolo Vs. Raddits ***1/2
Saibamen Vs. Z-Warriors -* (Shitty indy spot fest)
Napa Vs. Z-Warriors ***
Vegeta Goku ***** (An absolute classic, and the pace setter for the remainder of the series)
Krillin & Gohan Vs. Fake Namek Aliens *** (I actually thought this told a good story)
Vegeta Vs. Cui ***1/2 (Short, but very fun squash)
Ginyu Force Vs. Vegeta, Krillin, & Gohan ***
Vegeta Vs. Freeza * (Vegeta got completely jobbed out. Must have pissed off the "Ace" Goku, because all his offense was no sold by Lord Freeza)
Goku Vs. Freeza ** (Long, and very boring. One of the most overrated matches in DBZ history)

Heroman

Banned
DBZ star ratings:

Goku & Piccolo Vs. Raddits ***1/2
Saibamen Vs. Z-Warriors -* (Shitty indy spot fest)
Napa Vs. Z-Warriors ***
Vegeta Goku ***** (An absolute classic, and the pace setter for the remainder of the series)
Krillin & Gohan Vs. Fake Namek Aliens *** (I actually thought this told a good story)
Vegeta Vs. Cui ***1/2 (Short, but very fun squash)
Ginyu Force Vs. Vegeta, Krillin, & Gohan ***
Vegeta Vs. Freeza * (Vegeta got completely jobbed out. Must have pissed off the "Ace" Goku, because all his offense was no sold by Lord Freeza)
Goku Vs. Freeza ** (Long, and very boring. One of the most overrated matches in DBZ history)
Goku vs Frizea get 2 stars but Vegeta vs goku gets 5? friend Goku vs Frizea the most important fight in the series.

Gonzalez

Banned

Data you forgot La Parkita. Who was murdered by a Mexican prostitute.

I'm sad about Candice Lerae joining the carny lifestyle :[

I thought she was one of the nice ones. Apparently this business changes everyone eventually

Top Bottom