• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| What? It's almost September.

I dunno... I'll post it here to see what you guys thing before I maybe venture out into the wild.

That thread about Sarkeesian having to leave her home after being threatened on Twitter. I just find it really suspicious that a brand new Twitter account shows up, sends 10 bad tweets at Anita, Anita is immediately on it screen capping, and this gets publicized just as she starts getting major dropoffs in viewer #s for her youtube series.

Maybe I'm being a little too cynical, but there's a bunch of convenient coincidences happening there.

Bpf3OJ0.gif

How can you have seen all the creepazoids calling for fanboy jihad on her on YouTube and think a burner Twitter account is not legit? There's a lot of dudes with problems.

Local advertising has a lot of inertia. Weeks before the Royal Rumble, they were advertising CM Punk for a house show here and never changed it afterwards, even though the show didn't happen until March 15th.

Sephzilla

Bpf3OJ0.gif

How can you have seen all the creepazoids calling for fanboy jihad on her on YouTube and think a burner Twitter account is not legit? There's a lot of dudes with problems.

Well, I think its weird that people will say "see? look at how horrible and evil people can be on the internet" but then ignore the possibility that what happened could be something else that's horrible/evil.

Sephzilla

Well they're not going to use their main account and if you get a mention, your phone goes off. Nothing suspicious there for me at all.

The only thing that really seems oddly coincidental to me is just that this happened right as her Youtube viewer numbers are dropping and in the wake of the Quinn fiasco. That's all.

gurudyne

The only thing that really seems oddly coincidental to me is just that this happened right as her Youtube viewer numbers are dropping and in the wake of the Quinn fiasco. That's all.

No. No. Just no. Stop it. Until there is a shred of evidence to support this idea, it's simple conjecture and it's the last thing you want to bring to that particular discussion.

I'm saying the advertising that had listed them was probably made before their injuries.

Maybe. But you would think if it was then they would have changed it before they released it, which was a few days ago, as opposed to changing it the day after it goes out. It's not like the Bryan or Barrett injuries are new information.

dream

As a researcher, I think Anita's work is sloppy, lazy, and startlingly poor. But then I consider her audience--gamers--and I wonder if that might not be intentional. Regardless, I think her work starts an important conversation. I just wish someone smarter would spearhead this.

I suspect the threats are probably real because it seems like something "hardcore" gamers would do. They are the modern day equivalent of XPW fans.

Sephzilla

No. No. Just no. Stop it. Until there is a shred of evidence to support this idea, it's simple conjecture and it's the last thing you want to bring to that particular discussion.

Sorry, I don't want to live in a world where I'm not allowed to speak an opinion simply because it doesn't conform to the hivemind.

For the record, I think what happened to Anita is legit because I don't think she's that devious, but I'm not going to fault anyone for raising an eyebrow at the convenience of a few minor things.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, I don't want to live in a world where I'm not allowed to speak an opinion simply because it doesn't conform to the hivemind.

I understand. Post it on gaming-side, maybe there's some merit to the thought. Logic is logic.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I dunno... I'll post it here to see what you guys thing before I maybe venture out into the wild.

That thread about Sarkeesian having to leave her home after being threatened on Twitter. I just find it really suspicious that a brand new Twitter account shows up, sends 10 bad tweets at Anita, Anita is immediately on it screen capping, and this gets publicized just as she starts getting major dropoffs in viewer #s for her youtube series.

Maybe I'm being a little too cynical, but there's a bunch of convenient coincidences happening there.
Me thinks you been on Gaming Side too long.

For the record, I think what happened to Anita is legit because I don't think she's that devious, but I'm not going to fault anyone for raising an eyebrow at the convenience of a few minor things.

I don't want to live in a world where people receive threats of being raped to death for speaking *their* opinion.

If you want opinions on whether or not people are receiving death threats, then I definitely get to have opinions on what that might say about you.

No one has stopped you posting your opinions. You've just been advised, correctly, that you might be better off keeping these ones to yourself this time.

And I say that as someone who doesn't want to see you banned.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Man I feel largely clueless about what's been going on gaming side, feels like that place is just blowing up often lately.

Sephzilla

I don't want to live in a world where people receive threats of being raped to death for speaking *their* opinion.

If you want opinions on whether or not people are receiving death threats, then I definitely get to have opinions on what that might say about you.

No one has stopped you posting your opinions. You've just been advised, correctly, that you might be better off keeping these ones to yourself this time.

And I say that as someone who doesn't want to see you banned.

Thanks, I appreciate it. After re-reading my post I don't think it's really that ban worthy or anything. I took a pretty middle-road approach to it.

Anyways, WRESTLING

theres nothing middle of the road about entertaining a misogynistic and paranoid argument, man. its death threats and doxxing, not xbox pr guys making threads whining about tomb raider.

Man I feel largely clueless about what's been going on gaming side, feels like that place is just blowing up often lately.

Just watch Korra and play Supercard.

I've never watched one episode of Avatar or Korra nor have I gone back to Supercard after the first week.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just watch Korra and play Supercard.

I've never watched one episode of Avatar or Korra nor have I gone back to Supercard after the first week.
The season ended! I have to start a new show!

Whoa is me.

Also I only played supercard once, I had a pro Rae card. Khali was my champion and I went for about 40 games, had my fill.

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar is advertised for the October 21st WWE SmackDown tapings in Wichita, Kansas, which would be the final tapings before Hell In a Cell.

Hmm... maybe they'll try to make SD a big deal again, if only for a moment, once they move to Thursday's.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hmm... maybe they'll try to make SD a big deal again, if only for a moment, once they move to Thursday's.

For a month, and then it's back to the status quo. Like when they started Main Event by having title matches on it and shit. That ended just as quickly, unfortunately.

jred2k

Someone should start a "Stumpokapow presents: Who would win in a fight between Sarkeesian and Quinn?" thread. It could be the thread to may GAF implode.

Or just be locked by the fifth reply.

Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi demonstrating their new double-team finishing move they're calling 'Eastern Gold';

czNyrOo.jpg

Also, @NJPWEurope twitter account appeared today and say their site will be launching tomorrow;

http://www.njpweurope.com/

Seems they're the official distributor for NJPW merch in Europe.

Top Bottom