• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| What? It's almost September.

Kornflayx

I hate all of you.

Still sad about friend Sina?

ibgl16hFpUcc7Q.gif

Meltzer says the top 2 selling New Japan t-shirts are the Bullet Club skull logo shirt and Nakamura's King of Strong Style shirt. Certainly puts pay to the idea that the native fans are sick of baka gaijins and Bullet Club have go-away heat.

I think if NJPW really is planning on running the Tokyo Dome as a US PPV, they'll probably keep the belt on AJ until then. Having a guy known to the US to sell American audiences on the show would help. And if I had to guess, they might run it twice on PPV. Once in it's normal, live slot for anyone who wants to watch it then, then again in the usual US PPV slot of Sunday at 8. But that's just guessing on my part.

Anth0ny

Dear Anth0ny,

You don't want to miss the epic rematch of WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena at Night of Champions.

Subscribe to WWE Network right now. New payment plans are available!

Sincerely,
WWE Network

Dear Anth0ny,

You don't want to miss the epic rematch of WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena at Night of Champions.

Subscribe to WWE Network right now. New payment plans are available!

Sincerely,
WWE Network

Sounds great!

Did you resubscribe?

strobogo

Banned
This gif has bothered me long enough...

Is that right eye photoshopped?! It is huge in comparison to his left.

No. It's been like that since one of his fights where he got wrecked. The scar is from the same fight. It was either Carwin or Damon Cain.

I would by a King of Stronk style shirt. I would buy a US NJPW PPV if I could buy it directly on my computer or TV and not do it through cable.

Negative. Some people just have an eye droop. Brock don't care though
No. It's been like that since one of his fights where he got wrecked. The scar is from the same fight. It was either Carwin or Damon Cain.

I would by a King of Stronk style shirt. I would buy a US NJPW PPV if I could buy it directly on my computer or TV and not do it through cable.
Ahh. I guess I just never noticed. Thanks for clarifying.

jred2k

Ryback and Axel in 2014 are a pretty good example of playing to a person's strengths and not overexposing them. I wouldn't want to watch either as singles, but I really enjoy them as a tag team and they are pretty funny as a couple of meathead bullies.

somedevil

Was Monday Night War really cut down to 3 episodes, or is that just based on the quality of episode 3?

No it wasn't. Its just the third episode talked about how Raw turned it around during the attitude era. So it was jumping around from 96-00 and a lot of people didn't like this.

strobogo

Banned
No it wasn't. Its just the third episode talked about how Raw turned it around during the attitude era. So it was jumping around from 96-00 and a lot of people didn't like this.

It wasn't just jumping to the end, it went from the gun angle to Foley in 2000 to ECW to LOLWCWGIMMICKMATCHES to Vince/Austin to DX to NWO back to 2000...But the ratings ticker was only up to early 1998. Unless they go back, that means they skipped Montreal and Starrcade 1997 and the whole Sting angle in general. I can't imagine that will be the case, so I'd expect the next few episodes to be very jumbled in time as well.

Updated cards for EVOLVE's September shows;

EVOLVE 34 - QUEENS, SEPTEMBER 13TH

*OPEN THE UNITED GATE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: The Bravado Brothers (c) vs. The Colony
*Uhaa Nation vs. Roderick Strong
*Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Timothy Thatcher

PLUS: Drew Galloway, Ricochet, Johnny Gargano, Anthony Nese, Caleb Konley, Su Yung, Mr. A and Rich Swann

EVOLVE 35 - BROOKLYN, SEPTEMBER 14TH

*OPEN THE FREEDOM GATE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Ricochet (c) vs. Uhaa Nation
*Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Biff Busick

PLUS: Drew Galloway, The Bravado Brothers, Johnny Gargano, Anthony Nese, Caleb Konley, Su Yung, Mr. A, Roderick Strong, Rich Swann, Timothy Thatcher and Drew Gulak

That Uhaa vs Ricochet match should be awesome. Looking forward to ZSJ vs Thatcher/Busick, but I don't know why Gabe's booked such similar matches for Zack on both nights - often the European technical style is most fun when paired with someone who isn't an all-out mat technician. Zack vs Gargano, for instance, could've been a lot of fun.

Top Bottom