• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| What? It's almost September.

Sephzilla

Why did I just find out about this?

WWE-Night-Of-Champions-2014.jpg

Bork pls ;_;

Oh wow, did they wholesale ripoff the Dark Knight Rises poster?

Cant wait for Raw to end with Cena igniting a giant flaming HUSTLE LOYALTY RESPECT on the titan tron

Between that ROH shirt and the authority shirt Seth was wearing, there seems to be a weird overlap between pro wrestling shirt designers and game of thrones fans...

strobogo

Banned

Oh dope. I'm going to do Nitros/PPVs for 1995-1997 as well, and then re do gifs and pretty much everything about the 2000 shows when they eventually get put up.

BFIB

Watching the Monday Night War special on the Network. I really like the behind the scenes stuff, but goddamn that WWE gloat throughout is fucking horrendous.

Miz "Hogan in WCW was a slap in the face to me!" Really.....Really!?

Aiii

So not worth it
Watching the Monday Night War special on the Network. I really like the behind the scenes stuff, but goddamn that WWE gloat throughout is fucking horrendous.

He was the markiest of marks I'm sure.

I couldn't watch more than the first episode. It's just too biased. I mean, I know why, but it's still shitty

RAW is broken up into sixteen segments. It’s a live, three hour show that needs to be timed out, but we don’t end each segment each week at a specific time. It’s impossible, because it’s live. So among those quarter-hours, you can have multiple segments or even mostly commercials combined with video packages. The real tell-tale sign is the minute by minutes that we get. Those REALLY show how strong the Divas segments tend to perform. Not only do they tend to rate above-average, they proved over time to be one of the few segments you could put after the start of the third hour (besides the main event of course) that were able to stave off a significant drop-off.

Interesting.

Weren't the Bellas the lowest rated segment of the whole show anyway last week? Whatever AJ & Paige did somehow managed to be the 2nd highest rated segment though despite getting like 4 minutes.

Which shows that it's not just anything that involves women that is getting the ratings.

Also:

On Friday, TNA listed the Bound for Glory PPV on their events page and announced the first batch of talent for the event.

Not included are the individuals scheduled to be inducted into TNA's Hall of Fame at the PPV, Bully Ray and Brother Devon. But, TNA says "Team 3D will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame."

Additionally, current TNA World Hvt. champion Bobby Lashley is not listed for the event.

WTF TNA? I hope that's a typo and you don't seriously have what is supposed to be your biggest show of they year without your world champion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Enjoyed reading the Thunder review, Dragonzord. Some funny stuff in there. You should do a blog.

Question: Who actually buys stuff like Thunder in Paradise DVD collections? People who are nostalgic for bad, old TV? Hogan marks or completists? Seems like releasing a whole DVD set for the show was some big joke. I'd love to see the sales numbers.

Hulk Hogan marks. And people like me who always thinks it's funny seeing wrestler cameos.

Watch EY or Bobby Rooooooo beat Lashley on the go home show before Bound for Glory.

That would make zero sense because he's beaten EY many times and the ratings were shit with EY as champion. As with Roode,
he will have just beaten him clean on the most recent show before they tape again
, so that wouldn't make sense either.

So, WWE pulled Cheap Pops lol.

Vince probably caught wind of it and got mad and fired whoever came up with it. Or Dunn got wind of it and told Vince.

Other than the hourly main event segments, the ratings often don't mean anything unless you're observing long term trends.

Long term trends are exactly what show that the Divas segments do well. As the quote says, they do well so often that they can rely on them not to lose viewers in typical dead spots.

Which shows that it's not just anything that involves women that is getting the ratings.
If we're going to get into thinking people are that strongly into seeing the women wrestle and don't care for the diva/trashy story side of it, I'd like WWE to take this to its next logical step and have the women wear far less fucking makeup. Why is Paige going out there with her face completely covered if she knows she's going to get kicked in it constantly?

Alucard

Banned

Also:

WTF TNA? I hope that's a typo and you don't seriously have what is supposed to be your biggest show of they year without your world champion.

It says it's the "first batch" of talent. They'll likely be adding more as the event gets closer. There might also be travel issues with some wrestlers. We'll see.

Top Bottom