• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| What? It's almost September.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, not saying that was by any means a well thought out thing, but I wasn't exactly at my most rational at that exact moment.

Though to be fair, we don't own guns and what not, so fear of life isn't exactly what comes to mind. :D

yeah, here comes the american hate again. jeez.

People can get killed with a car PRETTY easily

Aiii

So not worth it
yeah, here comes the american hate again. jeez.

People can get killed with a car PRETTY easily

I actually accounted for that, he'd have to reverse into me, it's why I stood next to my car and didn't walk over to him.

I reckon he figured I was an old guy since I drive a Skoda Octavia and those are not generally driven by people like me. He pussied off when he saw that I wasn't gonna be intimidated.

Gonzalez

Banned
WCW did a really good job on covering up how small the James L. Knight Center really is. Much better than when they had Clash II there.

Carnby

So, I just almost got into a fight with another driver on my home from work. I was driving in the suburbs, 50kph speed limit, but I was doing maybe about 60. And this German BMW SUV comes up behind me, doing at least 100-120kph. He starts tailgaiting me, trying to push me. So I gave him a little braketest. Guy overtakes me in the middle of a corner, damn near crashes his car frontally into a guy coming the other way (seriously missed him by inches, can't have been much more) and then stops in front of me and opens his door.

So at this point I am ready to end this guy, seriously, I've told you guys before I have never ever punched another human being so I know how to hold back, but this guy, I was ready to end him, I have never been so angry. So I turn off my engine, get out of my car and stand next to mine and motion for him to come.

Guy closes his door and drives off, so I get back in my car and start to drive of. But then he parks at the side of the road, by this time I figured, fuck it, if we're not doing this on my terms, we're not doing this at all so I drove on.

Kind of regretting this now, because I am still shaking with anger, punching his nose in would have made me feel a whole lot better (but probably would have ended with a lawsuit and what not, so this is probably for the best).

Still, raging pretty hard here. Fucking idiot.

I support your decision Aiii. I can't stand people like that. You've done good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I actually accounted for that, he'd have to reverse into me, it's why I stood next to my car and didn't walk over to him.

I reckon he figured I was an old guy since I drive a Skoda Octavia and those are not generally driven by people like me. He pussied off when he saw that I wasn't gonna be intimidated.

is that some sort of turnip wagon? how many horses?

EDIT: that sounds shittier than I meant.

We just don't get into shit here, brake-checking people is never going to make people go "oh! I should slow down" it'll only antagonize people.

strobogo

Banned
Oh, not saying that was by any means a well thought out thing, but I wasn't exactly at my most rational at that exact moment.

Though to be fair, we don't own guns and what not, so fear of life isn't exactly what comes to mind. :D

Things that could happen that didn't involve a gun: Hit by a car, either by him or another driver. Stabbed with a knife. Hit with some other solid object. Sucker punched and left laying on a high way. A whole lot of terrible things that can happen in a situation like that that don't involve guns at all.

Kornflayx

That's why you always have a punching bag in your car:

ibqx4u3elZjilI.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Things that could happen that didn't involve a gun: Hit by a car, either by him or another driver. Stabbed with a knife. Hit with some other solid object. Sucker punched and left laying on a high way. A whole lot of terrible things that can happen in a situation like that that don't involve guns at all.

Yep, you're right, I wasn't thinking this through. As said, I was raging about as hard as I've ever raged.

is that some sort of turnip wagon? how many horses?

Heh, something like that, it's a stationwagon:

Carnby

Something similar happened to me Aiii. Except when the old guy got in my face I asked him, "Who the hell do you think you are? Drop dead, you old piece of shit". He was shocked and I could tell the words hurt him very much.

He deserved it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Something similar happened to me Aiii. Except when the old guy got in my face I asked him, "Who the hell do you think you are? Drop dead, you old piece of shit". He was shocked and I could tell the words hurt him very much.

He deserved it.

Mean-ASS. Goddamn you people are cruel.

Guy in my class today told everyone he was training to be a pro wrestler. Everyone else looked at him like he was fucking nuts but I thought it was awesome

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guy in my class today told everyone he was training to be a pro wrestler. Everyone else looked at him like he was fucking nuts but I thought it was awesome

Think he has potential? Talk to him about CM Punk, I hear that's STILL something people haven't let go of

He deserved it.

Oh what the hell, Carnby

Well he is fucking nuts, pro wrestling is stupid

Meltzer's commentary on the second episode of Nitro's main event:
With the added weight, Luger looked even more clumsy than usual and it was bad, made worse because of all the hype going in with Bischoff calling it "The Match of the Century." With all the talk about Luger, it was shocking just how not over he was live.

Carnby

The guy tried to force me off the road because he refused to let me off a lane that was ending. We happened to the go to the same parking lot. When he parked he got out of his car, got inches from my face, and screamed explicits at me. He thought he could be a bully because he's rich, white, and can afford to retire. I regret nothing.

strobogo

Banned
You know what the best course of action is in these situations? Drive away and don't open yourself to injuries/death/lawsuits by letting your temper make you make bad decisions that you might regret forever. Forever. FOREVER. You never know what kind of weirdo you're going to get, so it is always best to act like an adult and not fight. Especially not on the side of a highway.

Y'all are some angry, dangerous mother frickers.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know what the best course of action is in these situations? Drive away and don't open yourself to injuries/death/lawsuits by letting your temper make you make bad decisions that you might regret forever. Forever. FOREVER. You never know what kind of weirdo you're going to get, so it is always best to act like an adult and not fight. Especially not on the side of a highway.

Yep, you're right. But rationality doesn't always win out I guess.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know you messed up when Sunny is calling you cruel and stro is calling you angry

It's fine, I'm not an aggressive person at all, so I understand that this case was very very special in that I've never been so angry. Took almost 31 years, so by the time it happens again Ill be 62 and hopefully more mature :D

Anyways, time to get on my bike and ride, since the sun is shining for the first time in weeks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's fine, I'm not an aggressive person at all, so I understand that this case was very very special in that I've never been so angry. Took almost 31 years, so by the time it happens again Ill be 62 and hopefully more mature :D

Anyways, time to get on my bike and ride, since the sun is shining for the first time in weeks.

Or you may have broken the seal, and the rage will never be contained again. Watch out...

Gonzalez

Banned
It's bullshit that the American Males will be be action on Main Event, but not Nitro. Fuck, get your act together Vince, and put the weekend shows up already.

Gonzalez

Banned
On a happier note... That was a fun 2nd episode. I don't think I've watched an entire classic RAW without fast forwarding through the slow parts since I got the network. Every part of this show felt important. From Sabu's debut to Luger's decision it all felt like it added to the story. The only real stinker was Sting Vs. VK Wallstreet. But still it's Sting!

Hasney

Was hoping the "NEW" 3DS would have a better screen, that kinda kills my enthusiasm for it. The regular one has a nice design though.

Yeah, would have upgraded for that. You could have PS4 level power in there and games would still look like ass with those screens.

On a happier note... That was a fun 2nd episode. I don't think I've watched an entire classic RAW without fast forwarding through the slow parts since I got the network. Every part of this show felt important. From Sabu's debut to Luger's decision it all felt like it added to the story. The only real stinker was Sting Vs. VK Wallstreet. But still it's Sting!

As someone who watched every 93 and 94 Raw in full and only started skipping around in episodes in 95 I felt like the second Nitro was a much better paced show than most Raws up to that point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
RAW basically does not become even remotely watchable as an entire show until Nitro shows up and forces them to put better matches on TV. In Your House events started the trend though because they had less time to build to PPVs and had to do some of that on RAW instead. Also promote Duckman.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

Ditch Decades 10

• Funk Brothers vs Billy Robinson/Horst Hoffman AJPW 12/6/77
  • Funk Brothers vs Stan Hansen/Bruiser Brody AJPW 4/20/83
  • Jumbo Tsuruta/Akira Taue/Masanobu Fuchi vs Mitsuharu Misawa/Toshiaki Kawada/Kenta Kobashi AJPW 4/20/91
  • Mitsuharu Misawa vs Yoshihiro Takayama GHC Championship NOAH 9/23/02

Skip Funks vs Robinson/Hoffman. It sucks. It's 45 minutes long and full of very uninteresting and aimless mat work that goes absolutely no where and is dropped as soon as a guy tags out. Extremely disappointing considering how rad the Funks and Robinson were in the 70s.

Funks vs Stan/Brody is the complete opposite and fun as fuck. Pretty much exactly what you'd want and hope from them.

6 man is awesome and one of the best 6 man tags I've ever seen. There is the over all generational feud, plus individual rivalries within the match, Taue being a super asshole to Kawada, Kobashi having a break out performance, Jumbo going full heel and taunting the crowd because he was pissed they were cheering the young guys over him, heavy shots, 3 different heat spots that are all different. I've never seen a match where Jumbo had such an air of malice to him. It's awesome and you should watch it.

Misawa/Takayama was full of heavy, heavy bombs. It's apparently the only match where Misawa actually hurt someone with his elbows. I think he knocked a tooth out and might have broken Tak's collar bone. And might have broken his nose.

iTmGORIYaPgaa.gif

AY YO, BRONSON *SHIMMY SHIMMY* PREACH:
ibgvzFkkOF8lpv.gif

ibgQRvLMjNLbcL.gif

iOyX5tGbB6jjH.gif

ibg9k2TMrqKm8D.gif

Top Bottom