• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

PS+ actually discourages me from buying games I might otherwise pick up in a sale. It's like the Steam Sale effect writ large.

I'm not complaining about it because free games are awesome! But I can't imagine it's amazing for developers... I'd love to see whether I'm right or wrong though.

Whilst thats partially true for me, especially the past year with the knowledge of a new console with no bc, in a lot of cases I would not have bought it anyway. I wonder how it works. Does Sony pay a lump sum for the games, or provide a per download amount?

Dead Man

Welp, just taken the bandage off as advised by the doc, and holy fuck did he take a massive chunk out of my forehead. Wish I'd known the options of less visibly scarring surgery before he decided to go the hack on it :/

The spot I had previously was maybe 2mm diameter and now I'll probably have a scar the size of a 10c piece on my forehead. Hope it heals to something that's not too visible.

Feeling numb right now, jesus fuck.

Walkup from PAX (or possibly a tourney qualifier from location machines), I'd never seen nor heard of him before. Looking at IFPA he finished 6th at the AC/DC state finals but that's it. So yeah, probably on-location qualifier.
I've had a facial scar since I was 3 (mostly faded now, but it was really obvious during school years), it makes a good conversation starter if nothing else. And it's not like your head was that pretty to begin with ;p Hope it heals up well for you.
Fuck, Paul Walker died :/
Never liked his work, but never happy about somebody dying, especially young. RIP

lexi

Banned
'At least he died doing what he loved.'

I don't get that saying. Way to pervert and ruin your lifelong hobby by tainting it with your death.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So, King Kong the musical was pretty awesome.

Well worth the price of admission for The Avalanches song... so good.

Shaneus

They already kill one character and introduce a new one in each movie. This made it easier to select which one.

Really sad news though, He died doing charity work and due to someone else's fault. RIP.
I thought it was him driving?
Edit: Said he was a passenger. Fucking hell, poor guy :( Family and friends must be heartbroken to say the least.

Cerity

Brisbane-r reporting in, been lurking this thread for awhile and I've been curious, any particular reason why the ausgaf thread is here in gaming community as opposed to OT communities?

lexi

Banned
Brisbane-r reporting in, been lurking this thread for awhile and I've been curious, any particular reason why the ausgaf thread is here in gaming community as opposed to OT communities?

Gaming Community forum existed before Off-Topic Community, and it's just always stuck.

Alright Tearaway is pretty damn great :)

Love the UI on the Vita. Can do a lot more multitasking than I expected. Certainly a stepping stone between the PS3 and the PS4.

Rayman Jungle Run is 99c on Android
World of Goo HD is free on iPad
Revolt 1 & 2 are free on Android

I was away for the weekend, so I missed any news that might have come up. Any word on how the PS4 is doing now that its launched in other territories?

They had some PS4's set up at EB on the way to work, so I played NFS and Knack for a few minutes. I have to say, visually I was pretty underwhelmed. The controller seems interesting though.

I was away for the weekend, so I missed any news that might have come up. Any word on how the PS4 is doing now that its launched in other territories?

They had some PS4's set up at EB on the way to work, so I played NFS and Knack for a few minutes. I have to say, visually I was pretty underwhelmed. The controller seems interesting though.
The demo unit TV's Sony are using really need to be set properly. The one at DSE here looks great while the one I played in Geelong yesterday was muddy and washed out.

This is why they run preview events in a controlled environment!

jambo

I played a bunch of Wii U and PS4 over the weekend.

Super Mario 3D World is amazing and addictive. I've already sunk about 14 hours in to it.

Resogun is a great game to launch the PS4 with, so many particles and physics objects. Great gameplay too.

Ass Creed IV is very nice on PS4, runs at 1080P and is completely locked at 30fps. The combat feels good as well, way better than what I remember of ACII and what I saw of ACIII.

The demo unit TV's Sony are using really need to be set properly. The one at DSE here looks great while the one I played in Geelong yesterday was muddy and washed out.

This is why they run preview events in a controlled environment!

That definitely makes sense. I was thinking the TVs were kind of arsey, which no doubt made quite a difference. NFS also seemed in desperate need of some AA.

HolyCheck

A productive day.

uninstalling office 2013 and office 2010 32 bits to install office 2013 64 bit.

also jambo, damn, i should check how many hours ive put in.. but it wont count as i keep leaving the game open for background music. what world are you up to?

HolyCheck

[11:47] <LafielLIBRARY> okay
[11:47] <LafielLIBRARY> i'm going watch a stream of a hentai
[11:47] <LafielLIBRARY> while i'm at the library

now to delete my clip board so i dont accidently email that to a client

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
He omitted the part where I only lasted a minute! (before I had to close the window).

hamchan

I played a bunch of Wii U and PS4 over the weekend.

Super Mario 3D World is amazing and addictive. I've already sunk about 14 hours in to it.

Resogun is a great game to launch the PS4 with, so many particles and physics objects. Great gameplay too.

Ass Creed IV is very nice on PS4, runs at 1080P and is completely locked at 30fps. The combat feels good as well, way better than what I remember of ACII and what I saw of ACIII.

I am loving ACIV. Really didn't expect to after hating ACIII so much.

The pacing is so much better, Edward is more fun than that boring Connor, the Carribean sea is much more interesting to explore than the snowy emptiness of America, the modern day stuff is funny and more intriguing than the super serious story in ACIII. Pretty much everything is a lot better.

So great to just have your ship going full speed and the crew starts singing a shanty song.

He omitted the part where I only lasted a minute! (before I had to close the window).
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I am loving ACIV. Really didn't expect to after hating ACIII so much.

The pacing is so much better, Edward is more fun than that boring Connor, the Carribean sea is much more interesting to explore than the snowy emptiness of America, the modern day stuff is funny and more intriguing than the super serious story in ACIII. Pretty much everything is a lot better.

So great to just have your ship going full speed and the crew starts singing a shanty song.

So your saying it's worth getting? ACIII was the first I'd played in the series and I didn't hate it. I mean it wasn't the best thing ever but I had fun.

I decided to ignore GAF and the internet in general and get an XB1. It's pretty sweet so far. Voice controls are actually pretty rad, like more useful than I expected. I've plugged a media centre into TV which works well. Forza is crazy addictive and Ryse is simple but actually fun in short bursts.

hamchan

Meanwhile PS+ gives GRID 2, a game that is only 6 months old.

^Yeah if you had fun with AC3 then AC4 is worth getting. They pretty much take the ship sections everyone likes in AC3 and make it the focus of the game.

jambo

So your saying it's worth getting? ACIII was the first I'd played in the series and I didn't hate it. I mean it wasn't the best thing ever but I had fun.

If you had fun with ACIII then you'll love ACIV.

I can't recommend the PS360 version though, the framerate is pretty horrible in places.

PC version also requires a fairly powerful rig, I think it's pretty CPU bound.

Sick. I'll just wait until I'm not massively in debt (I just came back from a trip to the States and then got pulled over by some lovely police officers on the way to work) and I'll start picking some stuff up. Hopefully it will have come down in price by then. If not I'll just use the US store and get it cheap anyway. Sucked in EB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom