• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooksoup

shouldn't be too hard to find a stream. Geocockblock something that's free and a giant ad? Dumber things have happened but this isn't one. yet.

Thanks, I'll figure it out when it's nearer.

Happen to be off work that week, so will try to catch it. Mainly so I can watch the fireworks on GAF..

Contrast is refreshing but messy. The shadow mechanic isn't anywhere near clean enough for me to be happy with it.

On that note though, super glad PS+ on PS4 has been for new games rather than old. Means every single subscriber is getting something they don't have. You can complain about the game but at least it's something new to you!

Also for Clive, W101 for $21

I haven't been able to order anything from GMG in about 18 months. It just rejects all my cards, even cards that I have got new. Fuck GMG.
Using Hola or a VPN? GMG might be blocking you since they use regional pricing since the pubs got on their back about it.

Hey these are the times for the main e3 conferences in AEST.
I've never tried streaming them before... Is it all geolocked? Not sure how difficult it will be to try to see some of it.

Times for East Coast Australia (AEST)

Microsoft - Tuesday 10 June - 02:30 AM
EA - Tuesday 10 June - 05:00 AM
Ubisoft - Tuesday 10 June - 08:00 AM
Sony - Tuesday 10 June - 11:00 AM
Nintendo - Wednesday 11 June - 02:00 AM
It will be streaming fecking ereywhere mang. Just wait for the Monday and I expect the E3 OT will have links to all the blogs/streams. Stay in the E3 OT during the streams to find out on the fly which ones are the strongest/clearest.

Also jump into the AusGAF steamchat for cutting remarks by Kritz blow by blow!

I'll probably sit out EA and Nintendo again. EA is at a perfect time to nap between MS and (the unmissable) Ubi. I expect they will have Aisha again since she does a good job, although it would be nice to see a trainwreck again for old times sake.

Hopefully Capcom pre-record a conf again lol

Man, I just found out my nan has lung cancer.
What a shitty day.
Sorry dude that sucks :(

I feel you bro. My mum is undergoing chemo currently. Had bowel cancer they found in Feb.
Damn, that also sucks. Cancer is way too prevalent :(

My Dad is getting his bladder whipped out not this Wednesday but the one after, gets to have part of his bowel sliced out and knitted into a faux-bladder too. Should be fun!

I really need to get up to Geelong and grab GT6 at some point, time has gone fast >_<

Also for Clive, W101 for $21

I have an Australian Wii U.
plus, I played the demo
thanks for thinking of me.

Seems the month for our rellies having bits removed. My dad just had a kidney removed a couple of weeks ago. Hugs.

I went for a huge walk around a thing called Marymoor park. Fucking huge, there's a Microsoft Cricket Club (don't laugh, there's a huge population from South Asia in Redmond), rugby fields, and the piece de resistance, an RC plane field. This guy was flying a radio controlled spitfire that was over a meter long here's some random guy's video on YT with a terrible aspect ratio to show you the size of these things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbmsDLUEUzo

Has Joe Hockey been putting the moves on Evilore?
zomgfqk47.png

Also I finished Contrast. 3/5.
Some great stuff mixed in with some messy work. Shit load of jaggies, plenty of screen tearing, unlocked framerate obviously.
Loved the story and art. Hated the shadow world controls, just too binary in terms of whether or not you successfully hit the shadow. Really weird to judge if you are close enough to the wall for it too. Just really messy when you are trying to do precise puzzles.
I really like where they were going with the story, the barely touch on it though. Reminds me a lot of [spoiler warning: comparison with AAA FPS coming up]
Bioshock Infinite with the many worlds stuff, as well as the origin of your avatar and the characters coming full circle in a very open ended way
. I would love a big budget sequel. They have the chops for it I feel.
So yeah. Bit of a mess. Enjoyed the puzzles though, despite the touchy shadow system.

God, the combat in Bound by Flame is so bad.

Damn I was at least hoping it would be a quirky eeRPG :(

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...der-trading-scam/story-e6frg6n6-1226911921282

A BANKER and a public servant who were mates at university have been arrested over what police say is an insider trading scam that netted $7 million in nine months.

NAB banker Lukas Kamay, 26, and Australian Bureau of Statistics employee Christopher Russell Hill, 24, are accused of using insider information to make millions buying and selling the Australian dollar online.

The pair were arrested pn Friday after a joint investigation by the Australian Federal Police and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.

Police allege that from last August Mr Kamay, of Melbourne, paid Mr Hill in Canberra for confidential ABS statistics he then used to trade online, betting against movements in the dollar. It’s alleged Mr Kamay profited most.

DO YOU KNOW MORE: EMAIL news@heraldsun.com.au

Police raided the pair’s homes and searched NAB’s Melbourne headquarters and the ABS offices in Canberra.

They froze assets including a $500,000 home, a $15,000 car - and an astonishing $6.5 million in bank accounts.

Mr Kamay, who was sacked by the NAB on Friday, faced Melbourne Magistrates’ Court charged with seven offences.

Should have gotten the money out of the country quick smart.

Deeku

There's no excuse for criminal behaviour, but I reckon there's some skill required in profiting from inside information on freakin abs economic data. And on the aud, which is one of the more volatile currencies. Like, they'd have to think a bit before making their bets compared to say trading on corporate inside info.

senahorse

US Netflix is working fine for me (consistently maintains HD), using Getflix. However recently I have found other regions such as Canada, UK et al no longer maintain HD.

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah I've been watching Spartacus and Arrow on Dutch Netflix and it was struggling to stay locked in HD.

Also I can't access piratebay this morning - has our government really done it?!

US Netflix is working fine for me (consistently maintains HD), using Getflix. However recently I have found other regions such as Canada, UK et al no longer maintain HD.

Ah. Still I switch to uk a bit so need hd everywhere, FFS.

Yeah I've been watching Spartacus and Arrow on Dutch Netflix and it was struggling to stay locked in HD.

Also I can't access piratebay this morning - has our government really done it?!

Working for me.

Stackboy

I've never tried streaming them before... Is it all geolocked? Not sure how difficult it will be to try to see some of it.

Last year I watched it all on Gametrailers with no problems.

Jintor

lol wut. The government is amalgamating the classification board and the administrative review board, the migration review board and the refugee review board

wut

wut

trinest

So my friends arranged hotels and stuff for PAX, so looks like I am going to PAX this year unless something critically bad happens which prevents me from going *knocks on wood*.

It should be fun right? Never been to a gaming expo before, so it will be first time experience and such. Is AUS GAF having some kind of meetup or something as well? Or will that be decided closer to the date?

RIP Community. You don't get your 6 seasons. Though I can't blame NBC, they gave that show a decently long life even with bad ratings and falling quality.

I guess Netflix or someone can just revive it. That seems to be the thing these days.

I am more in the way of; if it gets cancelled give it one more season on Netflix if it gets picked up if it has a story which needs to be told to wrap things up.

For example, The Killing. Can't wait :)

I work on Tuesday so it isn't something I can wake up for Microsoft and take the ride. A couple years back I did Nintendo that was interesting, especially for GAFs reactions.

Man, I just found out my nan has lung cancer.
What a shitty day.

My thoughts are with you, ThoseDeafMutes and any other member with an effected family member in a simular situation.

I don't publicise it on the internet, but currently going through a simular situation for the past few years with my Father who has Multiple myeloma.

Well I think I'm going to cancel netflix, I can't handle the inconsistency in the video quality. I really wanted to like it. Oh well.

I just got into it with the whole "OMFG PIRACY" scare. Well I was trying it out before then, but yeah now on a paid subscription. Setup the Wii in my mums "room" and shes got Netflix now too.

Haven't had any issues with it across the range of systems I use it on and was quite impressed for a streaming service in how it worked.

Jintor

We're never going to get these things back. Did telstra teach these fucks nothing?

I guess I should be glad they're not selling of AusPost just yet

Shaneus

It's all turning to shit. "How much damage could they do in three years?", they said. Turns out, doesn't even take them *one*.

My friend's nephew was murder recently just a few suburb away from mine in Melb. Fuck this shit man.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-...d-boy-in-glenroy/story-fni0fee2-1226912597633
Fuck that's messed up :(

Hope everyone's holding up well. Disputes over kids are always volatile :(

I have an Australian Wii U.
plus, I played the demo
thanks for thinking of me.

Seems the month for our rellies having bits removed. My dad just had a kidney removed a couple of weeks ago. Hugs.
You can also go grab a 2DS with Pokemon X from Target for $99 over there. ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR >_<

Hope your Dad's holding up okay.

lol wut. The government is amalgamating the classification board and the administrative review board, the migration review board and the refugee review board

wut

wut
they're also selling the mint
Haha sure. No one would be stupid enough to sell the thing that prints money. IT LITERALLY PRINTS MONEY >_<

So my friends arranged hotels and stuff for PAX, so looks like I am going to PAX this year unless something critically bad happens which prevents me from going *knocks on wood*.

Is AUS GAF having some kind of meetup or something as well? Or will that be decided closer to the date?

I don't publicise it on the internet, but currently going through a simular situation for the past few years with my Father who has Multiple myeloma.
Yeah meetup will def happen again. Won't lock anything in until we know scheduling of events and details of when everyone is getting into Melbourne though.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I should probably jump on the bone marrow donation list at some point, mate of mine has done it for a few years now. It's actually pretty hard to get appointments down here in the afternoon for blood/plasma which really sucks, wish they would cut out the morning times and do more than just 2 days a week after 3:30pm.

We're never going to get these things back. Did telstra teach these fucks nothing?

AusPost is already terrible and yet it still loses money. Need to revamp the upper management there and work out why they can't make it cost effective.

You can also go grab a 2DS with Pokemon X from Target for $99 over there. ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR >_<

Hope your Dad's holding up okay

Dad's recovering well, thanks. I wished I'd gotten the $150 Target 3DS XL Zelda bundle last year but I settled for the mario and luigi bundle. 2DS has mono sound and is therefor the model for savages. What's a 2DS go for at JB?

trinest

If we wanted to sell Telstra we should of sold everything but the infustrucuture. We should never sell infustructure.

Yeah meetup will def happen again. Won't lock anything in until we know scheduling of events and details of when everyone is getting into Melbourne though.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I should probably jump on the bone marrow donation list at some point, mate of mine has done it for a few years now. It's actually pretty hard to get appointments down here in the afternoon for blood/plasma which really sucks, wish they would cut out the morning times and do more than just 2 days a week after 3:30pm.

Outside of traveling I am to be there from the 30th to the 4th. Not sure what I'll do outside of PAX yet :|

He was lucky he had enough for his own multiple batches, but he will go for the second lot most likely this year so that's kind of worrying considering he only got 2 years out of the last lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom