• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

Dad's recovering well, thanks. I wished I'd gotten the $150 Target 3DS XL Zelda bundle last year but I settled for the mario and luigi bundle. 2DS has mono sound and is therefor the model for savages. What's a 2DS go for at JB?

Glad to hear he's doing okay.
Mono sound isn't an issue with headphones, so it's not really an issue. 2DS is $148 at JB.

Shaneus

We should all pinball for PAX at some stage. I'm more than welcome to having a night or two at my place in Geelong if it comes to that. I'll have at least two, possibly three machines setup. Tehehe.

Sadly, nowhere in Melbourne CBD has more than two and I don't think there's anywhere public in all of Vic that has more than four. It's pathetic :/

Quasar

Could a privatised AusPost actually perform any worse than our existing one? Because if so, may as well just lock myself in a bunker and wait for the end.

Certainly. Though personally it works pretty well for me currently.

All this talk of only delivering three days a week or charging me more though are god awful. That's exactly the kind of thing I would expect from a privatised AustPost.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
We should all pinball for PAX at some stage. I'm more than welcome to having a night or two at my place in Geelong if it comes to that. I'll have at least two, possibly three machines setup. Tehehe.

Sadly, nowhere in Melbourne CBD has more than two and I don't think there's anywhere public in all of Vic that has more than four. It's pathetic :/

You're bringing them to anichexpo!

Shaneus

Another machine shaneus. You need help, by help I mean help finding a bigger place. You get the old one into your room yet?
Haha nope! I'm having a friend come over tonight or tomorrow to help me put it in the garage to make room for one he's lending me. Of course, there's a chance I could fit three in my bedroom alone, but I figure that might be a tad excessive.

Either way, I'd like to get the one and a half out of my loungeroom... takes up too much space (and I don't really do anything in my bedroom other than sleep anyway, everything else I do around the unit).

senahorse

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So it seems like Apple has changed how iPhone 5 and 5c's are repaired in Aus.

If you're having screen issues or a smashed screen. You can no longer get it replaced on the spot at a repair center. It will need to be sent off to Apple, which can take a few days, to get the display replaced.

The screen itself is going to be cheaper than a whole unit replacement but you're with no phone for 3 - 5 days.

Nice customer service there.

Danoss

I don't know much about it, but Jinho is in some other game show called Crime Scene and the excellent Bumbdidly is subbing it. Links to Dailymotion are on her blog now.

I haven't been linking to them lately because most of them have been repeats of previous ones, but there is a new Bundle of Holding! This one focuses on the brilliant Trail of Cthulhu. This RPG was created specifically to address the problems found in the Call of Cthulhu. It's easier to learn, easier to play and your character actually has chances to nab the spotlight by being awesome at stuff, most likely before dying horribly. US$8.95 gets you the core rulebook, resource book & GM screen (book is great, screen not really necessary), and Stunning Eldritch Tales containing 4 cool scenarios. Beating the average (currently $21.59) adds Arkham Detective Tales containing 5 more scenarios, Rough Magicks (missing magick section from the core book, which'll probably get you killed if you use any of it), and two sandbox campaigns in Bookhounds of London and The Armitage Files. There's also some music and Book of the Smoke, a supplement to Bookhounds.

I made an effort to post about this because it's brilliant, has extensive and ongoing support from Pelgrane Press, and is useful even if you prefer the Call of Cthulhu system. I've owned the contents of this bundle for a long time now, so there's no good in me purchasing it, plus I still have plenty of previous bundle double-ups without homes. This has been posted very late and only has 2 days remaining.

Shaneus

DRAGON COINS

help me please
Good luck. Once I found I wasn't having any fun with it, I got rid of it completely and I've been happier for it. On the same note, avoid Trials Frontier on iOS. Crack.

Edit: That link to the budget thing... fucking hell. Absolutely speechless with some of the crap that's coming from their mouths. "Good for the country" my arse. Isn't the country it's people?

But hey, as long as we get some shiny new roads and a fuckload of planes that aren't even fucking built here, then it's all good... right?

Did someone bother to create a thread in OT about how the OFLC is getting rolled into the immigration board? Someone (who isn't me) should.

senahorse

haha this is golden:

681324-af3ea7b4-da19-11e3-bb5e-bb14174cd6c1.jpg

Gazunta

Good luck. Once I found I wasn't having any fun with it, I got rid of it completely and I've been happier for it. On the same note, avoid Trials Frontier on iOS. Crack.

Oh yeah after what Trials did to me on 360 I'm avoiding it forevermore.

But man, or some reason Dragon Coins just has me in its steely grip big time. Hopefully it'll pass soon :p

Brisbane folk! Where are the best places to get your iPad mini screen fixed in your esteemed opinion?

Oh! I haven't had a chance to plug this yet. The new issue of awesome Commodore 64 magazine Reset 64 is out, and I've done an exclusive comic for it. So you should grab it :)

BREAKING NEWS:

BneuvSaCIAA7_0I.jpg

They're finally here THEY'RE FINALLY HEEEEEEERRRRREEEEEEE

hamchan

For some reason I feel like buying a Wii U even though I think it's not worth it and I'm a bit salty my GameCube controllers won't work for SSB.

But I also think the price won't drop until Christmas so I might as well buy it now for MK8 right? I guess I'll do the wait for e3 thing.

I also think I'm addicted to spending my money on frivolous things.

Deeku

so, coldplay's new album is streaming on itunes. it's pretty good, think it's a slight return to form after the terrible mylo xyloto crap

hamchan

the MK8 deal might make me buy a game without buying the console lol

orz

Same, problem is I don't know whether I'll need a Wii U to register the extra game. I have no idea if Nintendo has an online platform like Sony does with SEN where I can register all my codes without even touching the console.

Jintor

Same, problem is I don't know whether I'll need a Wii U to register the extra game. I have no idea if Nintendo has an online platform like Sony does with SEN where I can register all my codes without even touching the console.

I'm hoping it doesn't expire or something so I can just keep it floating in my email

fucking hell Nintendo get a goddamn account system already. There's no shame in it. It's like getting an email address at this point.

I have no idea if Nintendo has an online platform like Sony does with SEN where I can register all my codes without even touching the console.

They don't. Not sure if the code has an expiration date though. I had to use the codes I bought from Nintendo.co.uk on the WiiU and 3DS directly.

When in doubt, tweet Vook though!

senahorse

I am not game going digital with Nintendo, they just don't get online, they seem to be able to fuck everything up, including your account.

Arksy

So I was browsing the AusPoliGaf thread and it seems like half of everyone is banned. (Markot, Dead Man and Mondy)...what's goin' on? D:

I can't damn well enrage air with my nonsense. >: (

Gazunta

WAIT IS DRAGON POKER A THING

And yes Captain America was AWESOME AWESOME damn I am loving MCU right now. Love being able to share
force feed against her will
all these Marvel thingies I grew up with with the wife.

Stackboy

For some reason I feel like buying a Wii U even though I think it's not worth it and I'm a bit salty my GameCube controllers won't work for SSB.

But I also think the price won't drop until Christmas so I might as well buy it now for MK8 right? I guess I'll do the wait for e3 thing.

I also think I'm addicted to spending my money on frivolous things.

I am not game going digital with Nintendo, they just don't get online, they seem to be able to fuck everything up, including your account.

I'll likely buy a WiiU at the end of the year, with a price drop, once the new Smash Bros is out. Lots of Mario games to buy as well.

I'd never trust Nintendo with digital sales of games. They just don't get it.

Oh yeah after what Trials did to me on 360 I'm avoiding it forevermore.

But man, or some reason Dragon Coins just has me in its steely grip big time. Hopefully it'll pass soon :p

Brisbane folk! Where are the best places to get your iPad mini screen fixed in your esteemed opinion?

Oh! I haven't had a chance to plug this yet. The new issue of awesome Commodore 64 magazine Reset 64 is out, and I've done an exclusive comic for it. So you should grab it :)

BREAKING NEWS:

BneuvSaCIAA7_0I.jpg

They're finally here THEY'RE FINALLY HEEEEEEERRRRREEEEEEE

Try e and e.

PC code preorder for Wolfenstien on Ozgameshop for $41. Wonder if it is actually good.

Tempting.

Good man. Fuck spending money on digital stuff that isn't tied to an account.

I was the only person in the theater whi stuck around through the credits. Hype!

All I saw was a preview for xmen at the end. What did I miss?

senahorse

Good man. Fuck spending money on digital stuff that isn't tied to an account.

I'll likely buy a WiiU at the end of the year, with a price drop, once the new Smash Bros is out. Lots of Mario games to buy as well.

I'd never trust Nintendo with digital sales of games. They just don't get it.

Not to mention they rarely (if ever?) drop prices, and the AU pricing is a little silly. I think I will just pick up MK8 (and get a free Zelda) from JB or BigW.

Gazunta

Try e and e.

All I saw was a preview for xmen at the end. What did I miss?

Thanks, will give them a bash.

It wasn't a preview for Xmen, it was a preview for
Avengers 2. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are in both movies, but are not the SAME Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch

And the final credits scene is of
Bucky visiting the Smithsonian seeing the Captain America / Bucky / Howling Commandos display

hamchan

The random x-men trailer in the middle of the credits was Spider-Man's.

The Cap mid credits scene was good. The post credits scene was not worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom