• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stackboy

Man. What a cool episode of Flash, and we still have the finale to go. My thought long dead inner comicbook geek continues to squee at this show.

Continue to be surprised by how much they can do so well on a TV budget.

I've heard Arrow is super cheesy and by the sounds of it Flash is kind of similar. IS this true? Or should I give both a shot.

Guys

Its official.

You can't get rid off me anymore.

I am now a permanent Australian resident.

Strewth, grats!!

Congrats Moon!

Anyone here also entering the PAX Australia Indie Showcase? Am busting guts trying to meet the deadline, hopefully I can also announce what I'm making and post screenshots/GIFs here when more art comes in.

No but I will come and play your video game at PAX OZZZZ

Fury Road was incredible! It's like they stole $150 million from a movie studio, made an incredible 2 hour car/truck/bike chase and then sent it back in pieces. Has some classic Australian actors in it too, which is really fun.

I like spotify and all, but man their android app is a piece of shit 50% of the time.
I haven't had any issues on Android but the PS4 app has really gone to shit. Really bad buffering. Basically useless to me at this point so I just use my Android or PC app while gaming instead lol.

The second is easily the best of the original three, but they're all worth watching.

I really really love the first movie, it's a great watch especially considering how cheap it was to make. Seems to have been really evocative of the time it was made too reading back on it.

Second one is a classic, really odd but you can tell it was a dream come true for Miller to be able to tell a huge story like that.

KAP151

Silver Mario Amiibo is up guys, Exclusive to EB. I'd get in fast, as you know they will get eaten up. One per person.

Gold will be in store exclusive to Target. What a shitstorm that will be.

MoonGred

I haven't had any issues on Android but the PS4 app has really gone to shit. Really bad buffering. Basically useless to me at this point so I just use my Android or PC app while gaming instead lol.

Half the time I can't search for songs, regardless of my wifi/4g connection.
Even more annoying is songs playing for 10sec then pauses for 20 sec. I thought it was a streaming issue but it only occurs with downloaded songs.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Silver Mario Amiibo is up guys, Exclusive to EB. I'd get in fast, as you know they will get eaten up. One per person.

Gold will be in store exclusive to Target. What a shitstorm that will be.
I ordered one. Also preordered the wooly yoshis because they're fucking adorable. I'm part of the problem.

Darren870

Had to look up what the fuck an Amiibo was. I still don't really understand, but some of the designs look cool.

On a higher note! Its good beer week next week!! Any Melbournites going to any of the pubs or GABS? Will be going to the Saturday Evening session of GABS. The missus and I volunteered last year and we met some people through it. Don't really have the time to volunteer this year though, so we just forked the money over.

Will be hitting up some of the pubs during the week too. Gertrude, Forester's Hall, Rainbow Hotel, The Great Northern Hotel.

Anyone else going?

Week after that its Borneo for two weeks. I need a holiday!

Kritz

Banned
nobody's gonna get super mad in five months time when that's the thread title right
everyone seemed to think the current title was pretty ok until I actually made it the title

I'm going to Melbourne in a couple of weeks for a work conference. I'll be staying in Fitzroy.

Any Melbourne beer people have some recommendations for the best places around the area with an interesting range?

Quasar

I've heard Arrow is super cheesy and by the sounds of it Flash is kind of similar. IS this true? Or should I give both a shot.

Its not grim and gritty. Its comic booky and about a guy who likes being a superhero. So its more like some tv/film versions of spiderman than the grimness of Batman or Arrow.

Arrow...I have issues with because its WB trying to have a Batman show without using Batman. I stopped watching for that reason.

Leaving aside Arrow its kind of weird WB's approach where the movies are all grim and serious, whilst for TV its more like actual comics. Unlike Marvel who's going for a tonally consistent approach.

Darren870

I'm going to Melbourne in a couple of weeks for a work conference. I'll be staying in Fitzroy.

Any Melbourne beer people have some recommendations for the best places around the area with an interesting range?

Foresters Hall, The Gertrude, Rainbow Hotel

Those three have a large range on tap and beers you usually wouldn't see at a normal pub.

Fitzroy has so many great places too. The missus and I are thinking about buying an apartment there just so we can be near by. Plus its about 3 mins walk from work....

Solid choices all. I'd add The Alehouse Project, The Terminus, The Local Taphouse to those.

Good Beer Week starts today! Anyone partaking in anything interesting? I'm going to the Cavalier Open Day tomorrow, GABS next weekend, and possibly one or two other things midweek.

Darren870

Solid choices all. I'd add The Alehouse Project, The Terminus, The Local Taphouse to those.

Good Beer Week starts today! Anyone partaking in anything interesting? I'm going to the Cavalier Open Day tomorrow, GABS next weekend, and possibly one or two other things midweek.

Yea all good. Was at the Taphouse a few weeks back. Love that place.

Hahah, see my post a bit up :

On a higher note! Its good beer week next week!! Any Melbournites going to any of the pubs or GABS? Will be going to the Saturday Evening session of GABS. The missus and I volunteered last year and we met some people through it. Don't really have the time to volunteer this year though, so we just forked the money over.

Will be hitting up some of the pubs during the week too. Gertrude, Forester's Hall, Rainbow Hotel, The Great Northern Hotel.

Anyone else going?

Going to the Great Northern tomorrow for a nice long session.

Foresters Hall sometime mid week too. Gerturde is right across the street from my work. Will go for a drink or two, then going to go before GABS for a pre-game pint.
What session you going to GABS for?

Going to the Great Northern tomorrow for a nice long session.

Foresters Hall sometime mid week too. Gerturde is right across the street from my work. Will go for a drink or two, then going to go before GABS for a pre-game pint.
What session you going to GABS for?
I'm going to GABS session 3, the 12pm-5pm Saturday session.

The things I'm most interested in are the Jester King sours at Two Row (also a great beer bar!) on Monday, and the sour takeover at Carwyn Cellars on Sunday week. Slowbeer has also got some Jester King and Fantome bottles in that I want to check out, but doubt I'll have time before the more committed geeks get to them.

I do find that often there's a lot of great stuff floating around for a week or two after, so no rush on most things!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
yeh i'm steering clear of the super mario ones.. except toad.

wooly yoshis, splatoons and next wave of smash bros amiibos all ordered :(

I may or may not be collecting the Zelda related ones. But I swear that's it*

*May not actually be it

Those three have a large range on tap and beers you usually wouldn't see at a normal pub.

Fitzroy has so many great places too. The missus and I are thinking about buying an apartment there just so we can be near by. Plus its about 3 mins walk from work....

Woo thanks guys, looking forward to hitting up a few of these fine places!

Even wandering around Melbourne aimlessly last time I visited it still managed to beat the pants off what Brisbane has to offer. Maybe one day the stars will allign and we'll move there.

Darren870

I'm going to GABS session 3, the 12pm-5pm Saturday session.

The things I'm most interested in are the Jester King sours at Two Row (also a great beer bar!) on Monday, and the sour takeover at Carwyn Cellars on Sunday week. Slowbeer has also got some Jester King and Fantome bottles in that I want to check out, but doubt I'll have time before the more committed geeks get to them.

I do find that often there's a lot of great stuff floating around for a week or two after, so no rush on most things!

Ahh cool. Seems a lot of people are going to that session. I booked the evening one as its the same one I did last year. Though, no one I know is going to that one... ha

Yea, should be a good week though. Give me a heads up if you head down to the lower Fitzroy side. Will pop in for a drink (or already be there) and say hi.

I actually haven't been there yet. Probably because its in SouthBank but I've heard things about it. They have a Gueuze or two which I would love to try. Been ages since I've had one.

I do miss all those fruity beers Belgium has. I always found those refreshing and a nice change between one beer and another. Odd that they don't have them here. Even just a Bacchus, which was a staple in every UK supermarket.

Also wish they had more pumpkin beers. I love that about visiting home and getting some pumpkin beers. Would always have my mom pick be up a case (or 5) in October for when I went home for xmas. Had one the other day at Forester's Hall which I loved. But yea, don't have many of those here either...

MoonGred

Belgian cherry beer has forever been ruined for me by seeing one of my mates vomit pink.

Still enjoy stuff along the line of "kwak" though

Kwak, Duvel, St Bernardus, Piraat, Chimay, Straffe Hendrick, Satan's Gold, De Koninck, so many great beers from such a small country. And of course Westvleteren, not that you'll ever see it here (just drink St Berbardus Abt 12, basically same thing).

MoonGred

Shout out to Koninck hometown beer!

Geoff childhood trivia of the day: it's the first beer my parents bought for me at a pub, I was 14 at the time and hated every sip of it
but was too cool to admit that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom