• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Mad Max was like a crazy man said "HEY let's make a 2 hour film and make 90% of it a huge car chase. Then, let's make it so that it's the best shot action ever that puts every other action movie to shame" and actually pulled it off.

I loved it.

radaxian

Mad Max was like a crazy man said "HEY let's make a 2 hour film and make 90% of it a huge car chase. Then, let's make it so that it's the best shot action ever that puts every other action movie to shame" and actually pulled it off.

I loved it.

Me too. Amazing. Mad. Truly mad. And wonderful.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
does anyone have a suggested WMA to WAV or mp3 converter?

recording the bogans having a domestic atm, some great stuff.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The sharehouse I'm in right now has just welcomed three very stereotypical girls from the north of England.

24 hours later and it's exactly how you would imagine it. I'm not exaggerating when I say they're the worst people I've ever had to deal with in my entire life. Living with polite, clean, friendly and respectful Taiwanese and Korean people for the last five years has spoiled me.

Bernbaum

The only guarantee out of the Clippers-Rockets game 7 is that we'll get to see a sweaty emotional Steve Ballmer either way.

I love that he is still in the public arena after leaving Microsoft.

Stackboy

Okay, so Fury Road was, uh, underwhelming. Great action, amazing visuals, halo 3 level design plot.

Tom Hardy's no Mel.

Wow, this is the first negative review of this movie that I've read.

Would I see a sequel? Yes. Would I watch this again? Probably not. For me, it's 2015's Pacific Rim.

So I guess next up is Tomorrowland (San Andreas opens same day but no interest in that). Looking forward to going into that one blind.

Oh man, I really like Pacific Rim, watched it again recently. It's just Del Toro going crazy with robots and monsters!

Really looking forward to Tomorrowland, so is my wife. I'll watch anything Brad Bird directs.

I have a 670. Witcher 3 comes out in not-many days. Do I buy a 970?

No, you buy a 980 you dummy.

Finally got to complete Crota's End in Destiny over the weekend. Feels good! Pretty keen for the new DLC this week.

Picked up my cheap Target WiiU games on the weekend. MK8, Smash Bros and Super Mario 3D world. All ready for the Splatoon hardware bundle next week.

Starting to look for a new rental this week. Our lease is up in 5 weeks, they are knocking the place down. Good riddance! We've already taken a stickybeak and there is plenty available within our price range here in Brisbane, in the suburbs we are keen on.

Wow, this is the first negative review of this movie that I've read.

I'm more neutral than negative on MM:FR. It didn't do anything for me.

Don't let that deter you from seeing it. It's worth seeing to make your own mind up about it- like everything.

Opinions are like assholes-
everyone else's stinks.

MoonGred

Idle thumbs read my email, felt weird hearing them read out an email I wrote.

Also I leave for Bali on Wednesday and just started getting sick. Fuck this shit.

Stackboy

I'm more neutral than negative on MM:FR. It didn't do anything for me.

Don't let that deter you from seeing it. It's worth seeing to make your own mind up about it- like everything.

Opinions are like assholes-
everyone else's stinks.

Oh yeah totally, each to their own.

Saw it Thursday night, loved it.

Fredescu

Picked up my cheap Target WiiU games on the weekend. MK8, Smash Bros and Super Mario 3D world. All ready for the Splatoon hardware bundle next week.

Congrats man. Super Mario 3D World is amazing. A lot of that may be because my son makes me play it all the time. I won't spoil you on it, but we're currently working on unlocking the final final world. He even lets me play the scary lava ("laba") levels now because he's seen the last level on youtube and wants to play it. At this point, he's watched so many lets plays, I don't even have to look up our missing green stars, he knows where they all are.

Starting to look for a new rental this week. Our lease is up in 5 weeks, they are knocking the place down. Good riddance! We've already taken a stickybeak and there is plenty available within our price range here in Brisbane, in the suburbs we are keen on.

Which suburbs are you guys looking at? We'll be moving in a couple of months.

Stackboy

Which suburbs are you guys looking at? We'll be moving in a couple of months.

Holland Park and Upper Mount Gravatt. Big change, never really lived on the southside of Brisbane, but it's close to work for both of us. Looking for 3 bedroom places, plenty of options.

Stackboy

Congrats man. Super Mario 3D World is amazing. A lot of that may be because my son makes me play it all the time. I won't spoil you on it, but we're currently working on unlocking the final final world. He even lets me play the scary lava ("laba") levels now because he's seen the last level on youtube and wants to play it. At this point, he's watched so many lets plays, I don't even have to look up our missing green stars, he knows where they all are.

Yeah it looks really fun! My wife is really sold on the cat suit, because cats.

hamchan

Y'know everyone seems to like Pacific Rim but I thought it was actually quite dull in the middle parts and some of the action scenes were way too dark.

Anyways, Mad Max Fury Road is probably top 5 action movies of all time for me. The other 4 being Terminator 2, The Matrix, Die Hard and Aliens.

MoonGred

Y'know everyone seems to like Pacific Rim but I thought it was actually quite dull in the middle parts and some of the action scenes were way too dark.

Anyways, Mad Max Fury Road is probably top 5 action movies of all time for me. The other 4 being Terminator 2, The Matrix, Die Hard and Aliens.

I find the matrix to be the odd one out. Does it hold up well?

Why are people so outraged about the oculus rift requirements? I find a 970 to be about right. We're they really expecting this to run with a 660?

hamchan

Why are people so outraged about the oculus rift requirements? I find a 970 to be about right. We're they really expecting this to run with a 660?

Rewatched the Matrix a couple of months ago. The CG is a bit rough these days but everything else about it is still great.

Rezbit

That's a great list. If MMFR is anywhere near those movies I'll leave the theatre very happy. Excited to see it.

Hey dota people, this is stupid and amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJjSAcOfSj8&feature=youtu.be&t=1m25s
I still won't play visage.

I loved it.

oh man yes it was awesome. Never thought I'd say that about a move that was just one long car chase but it was rad. The set designs were so cool. Charlize Theron's accent annoyed me a bit but her character was interesting so I guess she was okay. Tom Hardy didn't really speak enough for it to bother me.

Anyone know if they changed the name to 'road warrior' in the states again?

Mate you're building my hype up way too much. You bastard! That top 4 you've named is god tier. I've gone from not caring too much about the movie from the trailers, to now dumping everything to watch this movie.

I loved Pacific Rim btw. I can't wait for the sequel.

Oh man, I really like Pacific Rim, watched it again recently. It's just Del Toro going crazy with robots and monsters!
Yeah I fucking loved it. Watched it a few times now. I can understand the hate but I actually really like the human sections of the movie, feels like a cute throwback to old old action movies.

Matrix holds up great. Really good effects and practical stuff.

970 is expensive and new. People didn't expect the company behind Facebook to have that kind of requirement. Some games, yeah, but not the whole deal entirely.

Why wouldn't it run on my 460? I don't expect ultra graphics, just useability.

Doesn't help that the media are pushing Oculus as a new function of Facebook rather than the other aspects of it, all this talk of it being integrated into how you use Facebook certainly changes expectations I bet.

MoonGred

But surely people understand that vr would require some serious horsepower, 90fps and the higher res was announced early on. I'm sure the 970 will be the recommended and not the minimum though.

I must have missed all the Facebook talk, which does sound a bit on.

hamchan

I'm completely fine with any new piece of tech not holding itself back. If Oculus recommends a powerful 970 then that's great.

Yeah I found Pacific Rim pretty dull too, I don't want to ever see it again.

On another note I got a block of the Dairy Milk with Vegemite from my local Woolies last night. Vegemite isn't as strong as expected, just a bit of a salty taste before the caramel mellows it. A bit strange but not bad at all

$21 for (the probably still broken) PC version of MKX

Why is anyone surprised that new groundbreaking tech requires recent hardware?

See quote

People didn't expect the company behind Facebook to have that kind of requirement. Some games, yeah, but not the whole deal entirely.

Why wouldn't it run on my 460? I don't expect ultra graphics, just useability.

Doesn't help that the media are pushing Oculus as a new function of Facebook rather than the other aspects of it, all this talk of it being integrated into how you use Facebook certainly changes expectations I bet.

Also said groundbreaking tech has been refined over the last few years, as such some people expected requirements to be efficiently reduced.

I have zero issue with the requirements. Bottom line is it cuts out a huge, huge, HUGE section of the PC market. They will need to reduce requirements over time to break out of the now defined niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom