• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I was taught how to use Tim Tams as a straw tonight.

I feel like I've been living a false life until now.

Stackboy

(mana bar is a shoe box)

Mana Bar closed down, just last week.

Guys I'm in the market for a good PVR.

Recommendations folks?

Netflix.
I'm a jerk

I was taught how to use Tim Tams as a straw tonight.

I feel like I've been living a false life until now.

I really don't like combining Tim Tams with liquid. I like hot milo, coffee and maybe sometimes tea, but I like my Tim Tams separate.

How come I can't just stay home and play The Witcher 3 all day? Why do I have to go to work?

Gazunta

Games like Witcher 3 are what sick days are made for
If I was into that kind of game, which I'm not, but you guys knock your socks off

Oh we have Netflix. I just need something that'll record local FTA stuff and Simpsons.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
amiibo_YoshisWoollyWorld_05.0.jpg

buy me
Already preordered all 3 colours :D

Sorry, I should have warned you. Basically as soon as I buy a game on PSN it gets added to PS+. So far, I've bought the following (only to have them added to PS+ shortly thereafter):
  • Trine 2
  • Infamous: First Light
  • Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
  • Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
In fact, there are only two PSN games I've bought which haven't been subsequently added to PS+: Octodad, and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. Expect those on PS+ in the very near future.

Shaneus

Geometry Wars 3 is apparently hitting iOS this week. $5US (so $6.49 here?) and uses "Metal", so it gets 60fps on at least 5S+.

You should play it more.
I know! What's there is fantastic, easy to grasp what they were aiming for with it. Really great way to get people into the series.

PS. Done with GTAV on PS4 yet? Ta.
Fuck. Yes. Months ago lol. Sorry! PM your address through again.

Sorry, I should have warned you. Basically as soon as I buy a game on PSN it gets added to PS+. So far, I've bought the following (only to have them added to PS+ shortly thereafter):
  • Trine 2
  • Infamous: First Light
  • Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
  • Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
In fact, there are only two PSN games I've bought which haven't been subsequently added to PS+: Octodad, and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. Expect those on PS+ in the very near future.
Octodad can't be far off! I bought a second hand copy of TRDE months ago cheap so that wouldn't sting too much at least.

Geometry Wars 3 is apparently hitting iOS this week. $5US (so $6.49 here?) and uses "Metal", so it gets 60fps on at least 5S+.

Is it on Vita yet?

Octodad can't be far off! I bought a second hand copy of TRDE months ago cheap so that wouldn't sting too much at least.
I reckon Another World (20th Anniversary Edition) and Need For Speed Rivals will be popping up in the near future. The former because it's been on sale so many times (including for $4 at the moment), and the latter because the base game is going so cheap these days and they have a lot of DLC they can push.

Bernbaum

So, I find myself in Melbourne. I'm going to a "student services" conference tomorrow, but I'm the only person from my workplace in attendance and the program reads like a big bowl of nothing so... Let's get stinko! Holiday on the mans dime.

I found a place Bartronica a couple of hours ago. Arcade games and craft beer, exactly what I need. I had a chat to the owner and they've only been around for a few months but it's much better than what Brisbane has to offer (mana bar is a shoe box). Good pinball (Twilight Zone!), free SF2 and MK2, plenty of space. If you're in Melbourne check it out!
As a beer lover and player of video games, I didn't like the Mana Bar. I frequently played board games with one of the original owners, and he was happy to wash his hands of the place when he got out of the deal. The bar had its core crew of regulars that enjoyed it for what it was, which is great, but it was never particularly busy towards the end.

A bar with heaps of retro arcade cabinets and pinball tables sounds much more fun. Bars are about drinking and talking bullshit, and extra entertainment like pool, darts, video games or whatever are merely just accessories to that experience, not the focus.

Shaneus

I second the Bernie's comments on barcades and such. Thankfully Bartronica doesn't play music super loud (unless that's changed) and there's plenty of room to stand (or sit) around and chat, as well as play shitloads of games.

Bernbaum

The Portal table for PBFX2 can be had for $1.50 for owners of either Portal game.

Let's all play pinball then spit the dummy when people that actually know what they're doing show up then wreck all our shit.

I second the Bernie's comments on barcades and such. Thankfully Bartronica doesn't play music super loud (unless that's changed) and there's plenty of room to stand (or sit) around and chat, as well as play shitloads of games.

Yeah, I was pretty impressed! Heaps of space to chill out, and mortal kombat 2 and street fighter 2 were set to free play so could def be fun with a few mates and many beers

I reckon Another World (20th Anniversary Edition) and Need For Speed Rivals will be popping up in the near future. The former because it's been on sale so many times (including for $4 at the moment), and the latter because the base game is going so cheap these days and they have a lot of DLC they can push.

Another World has already been on PS+ I think? Pretty sure I didn't buy it lol.
Rivals is an easy one, shocked it hasn't gone up yet, including for the reason you state!

I'm not going to lie, I have enjoyed all the main MGS games up until Ground Zeroes which I played through once and was glad to be done with it. If GZ is remotely indicative of Phantom Pain, I'm out.

Jintor

mx was dumb, but it was dumb in this weirdly comforting way.

i always liked its page of crap blatently stolen from the internet. and it had by far the best, by which i mean dumbest, write-in sections ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom