• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
fisheyes said:
Hold the fuck up. When you say you were going into it 2006, do you mean you started in 2006, or you enrolled in 2006 and therefore started in 2007. Because if its the latter, then so did I. And considering there seemed to be a grand total of maybe 15 people starting MBIC in 07, I probably know you, and you probably know me.

This is absolutely nuts. :lol

EDIT: Post 5000 in AusGAF 2.0 may be the threads greatest twist yet.

haha no, I started in 2006.. but I did a lot of my subjects out of order (as you know.. the great storm that was MBIC.. you got no guidance and pretty much just had a list of subjects you had to complete in 4 years time!) .. so odds are we had several together :lol we also had about 15 people, good people too it's nice having a small group.

lol @ that being post 5000.

fisheyes

Syth_Blade22 said:
haha no, I started in 2006.. but I did a lot of my subjects out of order (as you know.. the great storm that was MBIC.. you got no guidance and pretty much just had a list of subjects you had to complete in 4 years time!) .. so odds are we had several together :lol we also had about 15 people, good people too it's nice having a small group.

lol @ that being post 5000.

Oh damn, I was wondering how deep this was gonna go. But yes, MBIC was a clusterfuck (I had 4th year classes moved to first year if I'm not mistaken), so we probably have been in the same class before. Multiple times even. Thats crazy.

Small group was definitely good though. Really should catch up with them soon.

Also I just noticed what you said about Roney Tail. Oh god that was so awful. The damn dragon already had wings for fucks sake! Why did he need two more? :lol It would have been hilariously bad if I wasn't paying $15,000 or whatever it is to learn about that shit.

Mar

BanShunsaku said:
What a fucking week. So glad to be home and done with work for a couple of days.

My reward for 3 weeks of doing about 4 peoples jobs:

laphroaig-10yrold.jpg

Time to crack this bad boy open and disappear into the Mojave Wasteland.

Damn good scotch that. Enjoy.

HolyCheck

fisheyes said:
Oh damn, I was wondering how deep this was gonna go. But yes, MBIC was a clusterfuck (I had 4th year classes moved to first year if I'm not mistaken), so we probably have been in the same class before. Multiple times even. Thats crazy.

Small group was definitely good though. Really should catch up with them soon.

Also I just noticed what you said about Roney Tail. Oh god that was so awful. The damn dragon already had wings for fucks sake! Why did he need two more? :lol It would have been hilariously bad if I wasn't paying $15,000 or whatever it is to learn about that shit

Funniest thing i've read on GAF and no one else will get it :lol :lol

BSS

There's this guy who sits across from me at work who really likes Bayonetta and Mirror's Edge and Burnout and stuff. I wonder if that's anyone here.

legend166

Bernbaum said:
Doesn't Adelaide have a population of about, what, seven people?

It's the mainland version of Tasmania.
You know what they say, Tasmania is proof that South Australians can swim.

Or is it the other way around?

Mar

BSS said:
There's this guy who sits across from me at work who really likes Bayonetta and Mirror's Edge and Burnout and stuff. I wonder if that's anyone here.

Sounds like an asshole.

Agyar

Mar said:
Damn good scotch that. Enjoy.

I finally got around to trying Lagavulin on Thursday night, thanks to a work function and an executive credit card. Quite good, definitely the smokiest scotch I've ever tasted but also sweet and dry, so it went down nicely. Had a couple of glasses of that, then tried a Dalwhinnie 15. Knew nothing about it but guessed it was a Highland scotch from the first mouthful. I really enjoyed it, really smooth and sweet with a bit of a peaty finish.

Sew said:
There seem to be a lot of people watching that thread. Like, all of GTplanet.
I understand completely. I feel the urge to go and camp outside the blu-ray facility in Huntingwood myself, can't be more than half an hour from here :D

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
can any queenslanders here suggest good camp sites on north straddie that allow an open campfire and don't require a 4WD to get to?

Yagharek

legend166 said:
You know what they say, Tasmania is proof that South Australians can swim.

Or is it the other way around?

Tasmania was settled first. So Melbourne was founded by people from Launceston who could swim.

markot

Banned
FYI to any interested Aussie Stralians.

Cod black ops is available world wide on D2D, and at US prices, this weekend for a day or so to go you can get 25% off the price using the code bigsavings, bringing it to 45bucks, which is pretty good with parity and all, and probably the cheapest place you will find it for awhile.

HolyCheck

Anyone know of any decent websites like wotif.com but for plane tickets?

I'm thinking of popping overseas in January for something to do, and NZ seems fairly cheap but wouldn't mind going somewhere! and I don't know where

Danoss

markot said:
Blizzard kinda ruins the whole 'boycott Activision' stuff >_<
Yes they do, though I try not to associate the two, so I can feel better about myself. The fact that Activision's logo isn't on the box of any Blizzard stuff helps reinforce that.

markot said:
FYI to any interested Aussie Stralians.

Cod black ops is available world wide on D2D, and at US prices, this weekend for a day or so to go you can get 25% off the price using the code bigsavings, bringing it to 45bucks, which is pretty good with parity and all, and probably the cheapest place you will find it for awhile.
Bought, thanks for the heads up!

Quick question though - if this is a steamworks game, what exactly is this file I am downloading now from d2d?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Why are you guys buying bad games like call of duty? What is it about this one that has made you go, zomg it's like not shitty like all previous cods!

markot

Banned
evlcookie said:
Why are you guys buying bad games like call of duty? What is it about this one that has made you go, zomg it's like not shitty like all previous cods!
I got bored at Cod2, and angry cause it was so ship on PC >.<

Infinate spawning enemies till you pass point x is not AI...

hamchan

evlcookie said:

CoD4 is one of my favourite shooters so I actually really like the series. I skipped MW2 on PC because it was gimped. BO is supposedly like MW2 but with actual PC support, so I want to play it.

So I'm pretty much buying bad games like CoD for the same reason I'm buying other bad games like WoW. I find them fun to play.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I considered it, but then I realised I'm right at the end of Persona 3 and have Persona 4 and God Hand sitting here, so buying a COD game kind of seems pointless at this point.

I mean, I haven't even played Castlevania or Enslaved yet. Oh woe is me. Persona 3 is ruining my life, and I can't wait to start 4. Goodbye, like, another non-consecutive two and a half solid days.

hamchan

Pandemic said:
Is Black Ops already out in Australia?

I thought there were a few more days. :O

Yeah, comes out on the 9th.

Rez said:
I considered it, but then I realised I'm right at the end of Persona 3 and have Persona 4 and God Hand sitting here, so buying a COD game kind of seems pointless at this point.

I mean, I haven't even played Castlevania or Enslaved yet. Oh woe is me. Persona 3 is ruining my life, and I can't wait to start 4. Goodbye, like, another non-consecutive two and a half solid days.

Heh, Persona 4 is better than Persona 3 and it's a little bit shorter too!

I think the only game which i am 100% sure i am buying this year is DKC. It looks like it may well be game of the gen for me.

SC2 and WoW are taking up most of my game time.

Bernbaum

Rez said:
Surely you can spare three hours.

I feel like a nice straightforward fps right about now. However, it looks like Goldeneye will be scratching that itch.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like a decent FPS as well. I think I might try Metro 20[XX] at some point this holiday.

Mar

I finished Super Meat Boy. God damn... My thumb is literally completely numb. It might even be developing a blister...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Must avoid game shops for the next week, all the bogans will be out in droves masturbating in EB over Black Ops.

GOT ME SUM COD YA CUNT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom