• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damnit. I hate not having ADSL as an option where I live. I mean, cable's nice and all, but 1TB download limits? Unlimited? Me wantee.

Edit: OK, well, it is an option, but ADS2+ at 3Mb? Why bother?

Kirby102

I am considering changing my internet plan to something better... but there is nothing I could do...

I'm currently on Optus Cable with 20GB onpeak/40 offpeak, with no upload count... I would change over to the newer cable plans, but they count uploads. :\

I'm also wanting to go to one of the unlimited plans, but that would mean I'd have to change over to ADSL2+, but I am very far away from my exchange (the border of the 2nd last/last zone), so I would get max 200KB/s, as oppose to cable... with at least 1MB/s speeds.

Please point me in the right direction. :(

Kirby102 said:
I'm currently on Optus Cable with 20GB onpeak/40 offpeak, with no upload count... I would change over to the newer cable plans, but they count uploads. :\
Me too!

Optus does have 200GB a month plans, but it depends on how much you upload vs download as to whether it's worth it. That is their biggest plan. There's no peak/offpeak with that.

I checked my stats on my router a couple of months back and I upload about 30-40% of what I download. So, with a 60GB plan I'd be ahead as soon as I went on something larger than 85GB total. Since Optus doesn't allow "naked" cable with month-to-month plans (at least on the website), I haven't made the decision yet.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I have no issues with my iinet 100/100GB plan to be honest. I barley even use the quota. I'm sure i could try and go crazy with unlimited but the amount of crap i would end up getting is useless to me.

Also i feel dirty. I sent an email to the new girl and i put down glhf along with the spreadsheet she was after, it's her first day. She will have fucking idea what it means.

SC2 tonight woo! :lol

jambo

Parents are going to have 150GB Internode plan soon, so I'll have the 250GB with my mates in the new house and 150GB at parents house whenever I feel like taking a portable HDD over =P

teekun

So, is there any reason not to switch to an Internode Easy plan from an Extreme one?

I've currently got an ADSL2+ Extreme 60GB plan, but for the same price I could get an Easy at 150GB. Is there any huge difference between the two, other than the fact that the Easy counts uploads?

jambo

Easy just counts uploads and gives you the fastest speed possible for your line.

If you're on Extreme ADSL2+ then you'll notice no difference other than uploads counting towards your quota.

And as Internode includes Premium Usenet access as part of your connection uploads shouldn't be an issue.

teekun

Cool, that's what I thought. I just couldn't figure out why they even have an Extreme line of plans, other than them being a legacy thing for existing customers (like myself)

Even if I was uploading as much as I was downloading, which I'm not, I'd still be getting an extra 15GB a month for the same price. Think I'll switch over ASAP.

jambo

Internode has always had a wide range of plans and options so they've kept the other plans there as an option for people who don't want uploads to count.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Damn i missed out on the tool presale tickets for melbourne, Sold out already.

Gotta try my luck on the 8th, can't see that happening :lol

Choc

Banned
sooooooo blizzard fix that f up the kid in the red shirt pointed out.......

and added a character called 'falsted fact checker' as well as the one that was missing
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

jambo

It's Falstad =P

ZiQhv.jpg

Nemesis_

I am not sure whether to grab Blood Stone or not. I just finished Goldeneye. Amazing game. but I am very weary about Blood Stone. I saw a gameplay video and it looks sooo, fake and unfinished. >_>

Divinity II - Dragon Knight Saga had its release date pushed back in Australia from today to TBC according to EB's site.

May as well try my luck with the digital distribution sites and eat the ten bucks.

Fuck.

markot

Banned
fappenmeister said:
Divinity II - Dragon Knight Saga had its release date pushed back in Australia from today to TBC according to EB's site.

May as well try my luck with the digital distribution sites and eat the ten bucks.

Fuck.
6th on Steam apparently for 40ducks.

Bernbaum

fappenmeister said:

Fuck.
I'm sure it's a fine game, but I've never heard of it until now and that is an awfully generic title.

Why not just call it Knifequest II - the Bloodening...

Bernbaum said:
I'm sure it's a fine game, but I've never heard of it until now and that is an awfully generic title.

Tis the sequel to Divine Divinity, and yeah it's a generic title haha. The original release of Divinity II was subtitled Ego Draconis, and this is a re-release/remaster + expansion similar to the way The Witcher had its enhanced edition. You are a person that can transform into a dragon.

Nemesis_

Bernbaum said:

I hear it's a really good Dragon Age knock off. But my source for that comment is fairly unreliable. >_>

Ydahs

I've never been gotten high on anything before, but I imagine it feels alot like the new Fruit Ninja Arcade mode.

Add me in Game Center @ sRafehi!

hirokazu

Kirby102 said:
I am considering changing my internet plan to something better... but there is nothing I could do...

I'm also wanting to go to one of the unlimited plans, but that would mean I'd have to change over to ADSL2+, but I am very far away from my exchange (the border of the 2nd last/last zone), so I would get max 200KB/s, as oppose to cable... with at least 1MB/s speeds.

Please point me in the right direction. :(
Uh, how much do you upload, dude? I was on the same plan as you previously and my average upload was 15-20GB per month.

I'm now on their 75/75GB plan that includes uploads, it's $10 less than the old 20/40GB (plus extra 10% recontract discount I got them to give me). Say on my old plan I used all 60GB, and uploaded 20GB, that's effectively 80GB per month for comparison's sake with the 150GB I have now.

There's absolutely no reason to stay on the old plan unless you upload like a monster (which I believe they catch you out for infringing their TOS anyway.) Plus the new plan has a much better peak/off-peak ratio.

Shaneus

codswallop said:
God damnit. I hate not having ADSL as an option where I live. I mean, cable's nice and all, but 1TB download limits? Unlimited? Me wantee.

Edit: OK, well, it is an option, but ADS2+ at 3Mb? Why bother?
I can't get ADSL2 where I am but have ADSL1 at 6000/384... maybe it's worth signing up with the TPG off-net plans, I have unlimited through that method for $70.

elektrixx

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
I am not sure whether to grab Blood Stone or not. I just finished Goldeneye. Amazing game. but I am very weary about Blood Stone. I saw a gameplay video and it looks sooo, fake and unfinished. >_>
I was trying to hype myself despite the early opinions, but I'm not interested now after watching the Giant Bomb Quick Look.

Shaneus

Kritz said:
Holy crap.

I totally forgot we had a thread.
Join the club! I think the rest of GAF didn't know either... the number of people I've been linking to this thread in OT and Gaming is bordering on ridiculous.

Gazunta

If there's anyone here who hasn't added me to the XBL friends list yet, AND you have Pinball FX 2, please add me :) Gamertag is Gazunta

Ydahs

Maccas said:
When did the thread get moved to online? I only rediscovered it yesterday.
Another one :(

I wonder how many still haven't rediscovered us yet. After the one in Gaming shut down, Evil0re allowed us this one in online to keep our community going.

Shaneus said:
I can't get ADSL2 where I am but have ADSL1 at 6000/384... maybe it's worth signing up with the TPG off-net plans, I have unlimited through that method for $70.
Since I'm on cable it's a fair bit of effort to go through to hope that the speeds would be alright. I wonder if an ISP would be willing to test with me to see at what speeds it'll sync. There are no TPG ports free in my nearest exchange (4.5km drive, so probably 5km distance at least).

So... Anyone out there paying for MySQL support? How do you feel about the new pricing structure (previously minimum ~$600 a year per server for support, now Oracle's in charge it is minimum $2000 a year per CPU)?

Fuck me, theatre tickets are expensive.

I decided to take my parents/gf to Jersey Boys for a Christmas present.

Just bought my 4 tickets...
$1000

I don't buy tickets very often, but sweet zombie jesus this better be a good show.

Also, 2 year AusGAF anniversary - You Little Ripper!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Damn you to hell Aon.

I will buy mine tonight when I get home from uni and we can go for long romantic rides

ShyGuy

BanShunsaku said:
Fuck me, theatre tickets are expensive.

I decided to take my parents/gf to Jersey Boys for a Christmas present.

Just bought my 4 tickets...
$1000

I don't buy tickets very often, but sweet zombie jesus this better be a good show.

Also, 2 year AusGAF anniversary - You Little Ripper!
Wow you must have some pretty damn good seats because I saw it when it was in Melbourne and we paid a total of $600 for 4 tickets, and we sat maybe 15 rows from the very top-back of the theatre.

I had a pretty good view, felt no more than 30m away from the stage (diagonally up, of course).

Paying that much must really get you a lot closer to the stage than I was, totally could've bought an Xbox 360 Kinect bundle right there haha

ShyGuy said:
Wow you must have some pretty damn good seats because I saw it when it was in Melbourne and we paid a total of $600 for 4 tickets, and we sat maybe 15 rows from the very top-back of the theatre.

I had a pretty good view, felt no more than 30m away from the stage (diagonally up, of course).

Paying that much must really get you a lot closer to the stage than I was, totally could've bought an Xbox 360 Kinect bundle right there haha

I ended up getting the "Producers House Seats" which are apparently the best in the house.

We'll be 5 rows from the front just off the centre. Pretty excited to be honest, I'll probably enjoy it just as much if not more than my parents :D Did you enjoy it?
Please tell me it was worth the money
:lol

BanShunsaku said:
So rugby league-AusGaf, how about that Joel Monaghan? :lol

I understand now why the Rugby League thread was active last night :lol

Yea i saw the active thread and had a look :lol

What a complete douche, and why would anyone take a picture of that and then share it as well. Shows how stupid some people can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom