• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Yeah, pumped! It comes to *just* on $100AU (maybe $1 over) but that's with expedited shipping. Barring any hardware issues, I've saved $40 and don't have to struggle to find stock.

jambo

legend166 said:
Console or PC?

For some reason D2D don't start giving out keys until tomorrow so I have to wait until then.
PC of course.

As long as I can download it off Steam. I've heard some people are getting 12KB/sec off of Aussie content servers atm, shit's getting hammered!

Agyar

Gazunta said:
Civ V is very nice.

I finally finished (aka completed and won) a game, Science victory as France. Have started another one, this time on a smaller map with the speed set to fast or whatever it is. Earth maps are the best ever, I've started in America both times (first South, then North) which seems to be an advantageous starting position as it has almost all the resources and a metric shit tonne of jungle tiles for mad science bonuses. I had originally planned to win by military domination, but by halfway through the game I realised I was blowing through tech like a motherfucker and it would probably take me in excess of the remaining 200 turns to destroy every Civ in Europe, so I turned to Science. By the end of the game I had one city producing over 200 science beaker things and a total of 1600 science beaker things, as well as 400 gold per turn and a sizable army making a nuisance of itself in Genhis Kahn's back yard.

Get that shit in my veins.

I'll be happy just playing the Black Ops single player campaign.

I was half decent at CoD4 when it first came out, but staying competitive at that shit is impossible for me.

As long as I get a decent 6 or so hours out of the campaign I'll be satisfied.

Choc

Banned
Why For? said:
Decided not to this time.

A mate did and reckons Zombies is coots, but didn't really play much else. Picking mine up in about 2 hours. Can't play till like 9.30 tonight.

Working all day, then been asked to fill in at my part time job tonight. :(

zombies is unlocked before finishing the game?

jambo

Looks like it's a number of issues

steam is using >50% CPU and RAM and causing the game to crash and just be laggy to the point where the main screen is too laggy to even click on.

The other issue is that connections to all Aussie servers are being routed via USA for anyone not on internode.

as soon as I start up black ops the steam process connects to a whole heap of IP addresses and starts to upload (max of my connection) causing me to have extremely high pings and makes multiplayer completely unplayable.

http://i.imgur.com/goQRw.jpg

Anyone else noticing this?

edit - btw, this occurs as soon as I start up black ops, ie - sitting in the menu

Oh dear

jambo

Hahah yeah right.

The PC version still has mod tools, dedi servers, a console, superior and adjustable graphics and these issues will be sorted out with patches (that don't have to be slowed down by MS cert) in the coming days/weeks.

teekun

Shaneus said:
Took the plunge and bought the 360 keytar from Amazon, and they've informed me that it'll get here ETA on the 16th of Nov rather than the same time in December... the expected 3-4 weeks on their site has disappeared. Also got it $5 cheaper, too!

:D

I ordered my PS3 keytar from Amazon on a Thursday afternoon and it arrived the following Monday. When they've got those things in stock they get them to you QUICK.

Deeku

Rez said:
I think I spent a week on Civ V and haven't played it since. Its icon taunts me every day, but at this point, with Persona 3 and now Persona 4 up and running, I risk becoming several shades more pale than I already am should I continue with both series, and getting pale during the summer seems like an unhealthy idea.
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to play P3 and P4 back to back.

jambo

teekun said:
I ordered my PS3 keytar from Amazon on a Thursday afternoon and it arrived the following Monday. When they've got those things in stock they get them to you QUICK.
Yeah mine arrived in 4-5 days from the US. I think if you get "Shipped by UPS International" it's quick, whereas "Standard Int'l Shipping" takes 3-4 weeks.

Choc

Banned
so apparently Foxtel on 360 (which launched yesterday) is not being metered on Telstra at the moment according to users

maybe they dont want it out there but its not metered?

Nemesis_

Choc said:
so apparently Foxtel on 360 (which launched yesterday) is not being metered on Telstra at the moment according to users

maybe they dont want it out there but its not metered?

I still think it's ridiculous that on top of my already existing Gold subscription and Foxtel subscription that I have to pay MORE to access it on my Xbox.

Or am I horribly misinformed?

Choc

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
I still think it's ridiculous that on top of my already existing Gold subscription and Foxtel subscription that I have to pay MORE to access it on my Xbox.

Or am I horribly misinformed?

nope your not

its seen as a different service, and i agree

teekun

commanderdeek said:
You're not feeling burned out at all?

I know I got totally burned out on Persona games, despite loving 3 and 4. Only got a few months into 4 before I stopped. They're fantastic games, but after the 80+ hours it took me to get through 3, I should have known better than to jump into 4 so soon.

Guess I'll pick it up again eventually once I get a new PS2 but I'm in no rush.

Deeku

teekun said:
I know I got totally burned out on Persona games, despite loving 3 and 4. Only got a few months into 4 before I stopped. They're fantastic games, but after the 80+ hours it took me to get through 3, I should have known better than to jump into 4 so soon.

Guess I'll pick it up again eventually once I get a new PS2 but I'm in no rush.

Yeah, this is exactly how I felt, so I'm interested in seeing if rez will get through 4.

For me, I lost my 40 hour save for P3 so I ended starting over and effectively played 140 hours. When P4 came along, I had also played a few hours of FES so by the time I fired up P4...yeah I didn't want to play it. Sad thing is that I still bought P3P:lol

But yeah, I'm definitely looking to finish P4 someday along with all the other SMT games I bought and played a few hours of. I'm actually nearly done with Strange Journey which I'm really proud of:lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
at the moment I'm really, really loving the smaller rural environment. I mean, it's basically the same game, but I feel like all the little problems I had with FES have been nipped and tucked away.

The UI is so much easier to navigate, the town is smaller and therefore both easier/quicker to navigate and more dense, the Social Links are so far linked to party members which is a huge plus, the weather system mixes up the strict EVERY THIRTY DAYS system (although it may play out essentially the same when push comes to shove, I don't know yet), the rural TV mystery is, conceptually, a really fantastic way of telling a DIFFERENT Persona/Igor story without just doing FES again and the actual changes to the combat system, be it the option to control party members, the way the enemies react to you on the map or the way scanning works is just so damn nice to someone who just plugged that many hours into FES.

I mean, I've only played for three hours out of sixty or more, but it really feels like the guys who made it knew exactly what was wrong with FES.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The other issue is that connections to all Aussie servers are being routed via USA for anyone not on internode.
:lol how could something like this happen?

You're not feeling burned out at all?
Haha, it was impossible for me to get burned out on them. Since i played both during their respective release dates.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Lafiel said:
:lol how could something like this happen?

Because a single company has the rights to host this shit. It's not a surprise this shit is happening.

I purchased a game because of ausgaf peer pressure. Never again! :lol

Yo, if anyone hasn't got Red Dead Redemption, Dick Smith have it for $69 at the moment. Just started playing it and it's awwwwesome!

Pity my SD TV can't display the text, but that's not the games fault.

Fredescu

Just getting caught up on the thread, but I am now a daddy. He was born on 01/11/10 and everyone is happy and healthy, and really sleepy.

commanderdeek said:
Congrats Fred!

Is BanShunsaku the uncle by any chance?:lol
Not that I know of, unless Fredescu is my brother in law and I just don't realise it. There's been a bit of that about AusGAF lately!

Congrats Fred!

trinest

While we are on the subject of Civ V, like the new Goldeneye something just dosn't feel right. Games which would of been completed in a few hours in IV can go for ever in V- I still havn't completed a game and one of the maps I was playing in I made the misake of making it huge and have only 6 players- what ticked me off is there was barbarians everywhere- and I only started seeing people when I made some ships do some exploring- otherwise I was exploring a huge ass content which was just me and a few state cities.

legend166

Fred is a father? What the heck? Congratulations man! I thought you were some mid 20s, single IT worker. Shows how much we know about each other :lol

Also Gaz, I remember reading somewhere on GAF that developers had literally deleted their SD-compatible fonts :lol

Two laughing smilies in one post, nooooooooo.

Shaneus

Agyar said:
Speaking of upgrading to an HDTV, Dick Smith have some rad prices on Sony LCDs at the moment.

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/33999
Holy shit... anyone know if that $999 Sony is any good? Worth it for a free player (not that I need it). Would shit all over my Aldi TV :lol

Fake edit: Current TV is 42", so I'm looking at the same size as that. DSE are selling a Panasonic 42" with IPS for $1300. Had no idea LCDs had gotten so cheap!

Mar if your fort needs some crenellations then you can have that Bayonetta gun, I'm just going to chuck it otherwise. Anybody want the Vanquish figurine?

Bernbaum

Fredescu said:
Just getting caught up on the thread, but I am now a daddy. He was born on 01/11/10 and everyone is happy and healthy, and really sleepy.
The perfect excuse to take paternity leave and play Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2 and XIII.

Congrats.

Ydahs

evlcookie said:
We have all put down our IDs in the original ausgaf thread when it was open. That's how we have gotten a few more members when it comes to the steam group, all of which seem to be non idiots as well.

So i don't think there's anything wrong with them opening the online section.
I don't mind it personally, but I thought one of the reasons the online board was private was to give security to those posting their IDs. Now it's all out in the open.

Well, the online board seems to be getting a revamp anyway, so I guess it's purpose is not what it used to be.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
It is gonna suck for somethings though, the first thing that comes to mind is GAF private minecraft servers

remz

Syth_Blade22 said:
It is gonna suck for somethings though, the first thing that comes to mind is GAF private minecraft servers
Indeed. probably going to have to send a lot more PMs around for stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom