• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Get this: NFS is NOT coming to Steam. Fucking seriously. The only reasons I ever buy games for PC is so I can exploit my unlimited internet and ability to pay sweet fuck-all on my credit card each month.

Sure, it's only $42 @ ozgameshop.com but if I have to keep a CD in my drive, fuck 'em.

Deeku

Clipper said:
Then why buy a local one? Just get a Japanese and a US 3DS and you'll be all good, right?
Yeah, I don't know. Part of me wants to support the Aus market as well. But if it's region locked, then JPN + US is probably the way to go.

legend166 said:
pffffffffffffffffffffftttttt.

Cricket is a million times better than <insert sport you like here>.
Eh, I'm more partial to baseball these days. I just don't like the players in the newer/young Aus squad. Why did all those old dudes have to retire?!

Frawdder

Shaneus said:
Get this: NFS is NOT coming to Steam. Fucking seriously. The only reasons I ever buy games for PC is so I can exploit my unlimited internet and ability to pay sweet fuck-all on my credit card each month.

Sure, it's only $42 @ ozgameshop.com but if I have to keep a CD in my drive, fuck 'em.
:lol :lol :lol

Hilarious, EA probably want to promote their shitty store/download service. Fuck you EA.

Better not pull this shit with Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3.

pilonv1

Shaneus said:

You could always buy the boxed version and use the Steam Emulator

add the no-cd crack to Steam

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Not coming to steam is really lame. I'm guessing it uses EAs online service too which could be fucking terrible.

For $42 at ozagame i might pick it up, But i'm still waiting a little bit longer.

Shaneus

pilonv1 said:
You could always buy the boxed version and use the Steam Emulator

add the no-cd crack to Steam
Could, but I've noticed that several games I've bought on other services (Impulse, D2D... like DMC4, Sins of a Solar Empire pack, Dragon Age + add-on, Sega Rally Revo) never, ever get played :lol
I also have an unopened copy of Metro 2033 that I picked up for $10 delivered that I haven't touched.

I'm serious when I say they've lost a sale... fucking idiots. FWIW it was on an official NFS forum this was mentioned so it's pretty much gospel.

Mar

VOOK said:
Course I am trolling, it's a comment from here,

The guy is totally serious too.

Comments on news articles are almost as ridiculous as youtube comments. I'm surprised you've taken such offence to it. How have you survived on GAF for so long?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Mar said:
Comments on news articles are almost as ridiculous as youtube comments. I'm surprised you've taken such offence to it. How have you survived on GAF for so long?

I didn't take an offense to it. I found it hilarious.

Waikis

legend166 said:
pffffffffffffffffffffftttttt.

Cricket is a million times better than <insert sport you like here>.

hey Legend,

hs6ziu.gif

senahorse

codswallop said:
How old are those MSYs? They seemed to have started around Clayton, Malvern in Vic and those are where I've shopped. Truly dreadful service. The worst thing you can do is go there on a Saturday morning. Ugh, the stench.

I think their website really shows their commitment to that service. And I've heard some bad things about Umart, but have never used them.

I have been going to the Morningside store on and off for the past 4-5 years and Indooroopilly only recently, however I have only ever gone during the week, I don't doubt Saturdays could be problematic.

Shaneus

Mar said:
I'm waiting on confirmation that the unskippable trailer tacked on the front of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is a one time only.

I am utterly serious that if it forces you to watch that trailer every time you boot the game I will not play it until they patch it out. I stopped buying movies because of that shit, I'll do the same to games.

Edit: Seems dudes over in the OT have confirmed it's once only. I can kind of live with that.
I don't think I'm going to try to live with that on principle. First I find out they've ditched Steam, then I found out that there are some pretty serious PC-only type features (AA, force feedback) that have been botched... and now this?

Fucking hell, Criterion. You can only redeem yourselves by porting the older Burnouts to PC. That's it.

PS. 70s party this weekend. Ideas for costumes? I was thinking Mork, but maybe I'll just wear a turtleneck with some gold chains or something.

Bernbaum

New Goldeneye has some bloody tip-top FPS stealth action. Some sections are like a first-person Metal Gear Solid 2, except it's still fun after you've done goofed up and aggro'd the guards.

The written content of Ryan Davis' AC: Brotherhood review has me bursting at the seams for tomorrow.

jambo

Bernbaum said:
New Goldeneye has some bloody tip-top FPS stealth action. Some sections are like a first-person Metal Gear Solid 2, except it's still fun after you've done goofed up and aggro'd the guards.
Sneaking in that game is so damn fun!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the Giant Bomb AC:B discussion really sold me on the game, but I have literally no expendable income at the moment. Ick.

Can't wait to pick up Ass Bro today.

I'm guessing JB is the place to get it cheapest? Yesterday all I could find on their website was "come in for a hot JB price"

If they have some kind of fancy edition I'll probably grab that, I can't get enough of that collectors crap.

Omikron

Mar said:
I'm waiting on confirmation that the unskippable trailer tacked on the front of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is a one time only.

I am utterly serious that if it forces you to watch that trailer every time you boot the game I will not play it until they patch it out. I stopped buying movies because of that shit, I'll do the same to games.

Edit: Seems dudes over in the OT have confirmed it's once only. I can kind of live with that.
:lol

You just know they are going to use that method to provide with all sorts of nice adverts about their latest blockbuster game*.

*Available in all good games retailers.

Just finished COD BLOPS last night, so today's release of AC Brohood is great timing.

Random thoughts on BLOPS campaign:
  • What's with all the cutscenes (particularly at the end)? My wife even asked if I was watching a movie or playing a game!
  • So many helicopter crashes or explosions and falling over...
  • Those stupid fucking
    barrels
  • All the best stuff that happens is not controllable, not even via quicktime-style events as with COD4/6.
  • Vehicle sections fell flat.
  • One of the best things of COD4 and even COD6, with it's awful story, was the sense of urgency making you want to push forward. BLOPS had none of that and with its story jumping all over the place there was never really any way to engage with it.
  • The "twist" could be seen miles away. Rest of the story was just as uninteresting.
  • Hardened seemed too easy in most parts, especially near the end, and I don't consider myself a skilled FPS player.
  • The
    Rebirth Island
    level running through all the
    Nova 6
    was a unique idea which I quite enjoyed.
  • Nothing ever really stood out like All Ghillied Up or the rescue-the-helicopter-pilot mission from COD4, which I consider some high points of the series.

I guess I was expecting a bit much out of 1) a COD game and 2) Treyarch. Bit of a letdown really, especially considering I stayed away from as much hype as I could.

BanShunsaku said:
Can't wait to pick up Ass Bro today.

I'm guessing JB is the place to get it cheapest?
Kmart has it for $79, not sure about JB.

there were quick time events in cod4? I don't remember. As much as i hated (yes, hated) all ghillied up and the rescue heli pilot missions, they are what still sticks out to me about the game. I think cod4 really put the player in your soldier's shoes by giving even a limited amount of freedom of movement to the player during cutscenes. It sure made the
nuke
that much more hard-hitting, for instance.

legend166

Man, don't worry about having GOTY awards, we need to have a Game Title Abbreviation of the Year award.

The two front runners are:

Ass Bro
CODBLOPS

Omikron

legend166 said:
Man, don't worry about having GOTY awards, we need to have a Game Title Abbreviation of the Year award.

The two front runners are:

Ass Bro
CODBLOPS

I want to go back to numeric numbering of sequels. It is all so much easier.

legend166

Choc, do we know why EA has such a schizophrenic attitude towards what titles they put on Steam?

BC2 and MoH, but no NFS or Sims 3.

NFS is available on almost every other DD service.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
Choc, do we know why EA has such a schizophrenic attitude towards what titles they put on Steam?

BC2 and MoH, but no NFS or Sims 3.

NFS is available on almost every other DD service.

NFS is a flagship title. The EA digital service is being promoted first to try and get most sales from there.

As well as this the major competitors for BC2 and MOH (CoD) is on steam. In that case it makes a lot of sense

What NFS competitors are on steam?

Shaneus

There are some NFS games, aren't there? For some reason I thought Most Wanted and Shift were on Steam.

The competitors for racing games are mainly Codies titles... F1, GRID etc. as well as Burnout (by EA WTF) and a handful of others from smaller devs.

legend166

Choc said:
NFS is a flagship title. The EA digital service is being promoted first to try and get most sales from there.

As well as this the major competitors for BC2 and MOH (CoD) is on steam. In that case it makes a lot of sense

What NFS competitors are on steam?

Uhhhh, almost every other racing series in existence that has an entry on PC?

Choc

Banned
Shaneus said:
There are some NFS games, aren't there? For some reason I thought Most Wanted and Shift were on Steam.

The competitors for racing games are mainly Codies titles... F1, GRID etc. as well as Burnout (by EA WTF) and a handful of others from smaller devs.

it will be on steam at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom